Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Progman bricked CAS on E60

My Cars
    2007 BMW 328i
    I am also looking for a .ini file, getting AIF_read error in winfkp, trying to flash the ccc unit. I can still communicate with the unit. something to do with interference - OPPS. need the settings please. if you can PM or email me at zainiqbal44@hotmail.com thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bsp View Post
    Hello.

If you just reflash CAS module with WinKFP - there's no need to do anything else - everything should work "as is" (but don't forget to enter VIN before flashing in WinKFP).

In my case all, that have been done - reflashing procedure without synchronization.

Regards.

emademad,
    This procedure assumes, that you have correct and WORKING installation
    of INPA/EDIABAS.

the procedure looks like this:
    (next steps I write from my memory):

- connect the charger to the battery;
    - connect diag head and PC with Ethernet cable;
    - connect diag head (OPPS) to the car;
    - start WinKFP;
    - press "F1" (Comfort Mode)
    - press "Enter ZUSB", then enter the ZUSB number (from label on the CAS module);
    - press "Enter VIN" and enter VIN number;
    - press "Program"
    thats all... (sorry, now I can't check all steps with my car, I'll do it tomorrow - if I forgot any details - I'll edit this post tomorrow)

Hardware: OPPS diag head, PC with win XP;
    The software was used: INPA/EDIABAS (includes Tool32, NCSExpert, WinKFP...).

In my ediabas.ini I edited [Interface] section (to connect to OPPS diag head via TCP/IP there should be something, like this:
    Interface= REMOTE:OPPS. Anyway - in original ediabas.ini there's a lot of remarked lines, you'll see suitable for you interface settings).

Regards.

My Cars
    E91 2010 318D
    Help, I have been able to brick my CAS as well today when updating via comfort mode of WinPFK. I thought I did take all the precautions (40A power supply, take key out before updating). And in addition I did successfully update 6 modules just before that without any problems.
    Now the car is completely dead. No sign of life. Pressing the volume button as described in this thread does not bring any sign of life. I cannot reach the CAS with Winpfk (error 209 IFH-0009) and also not with Tools32 via the D_CAS. Please help, how can I proceed?

My Cars
    2010 BMW 528i xDrive
    Quote Originally Posted by lrklrk View Post
    Help, I have been able to brick my CAS as well today when updating via comfort mode of WinPFK. I thought I did take all the precautions (40A power supply, take key out before updating). And in addition I did successfully update 6 modules just before that without any problems.
    Now the car is completely dead. No sign of life. Pressing the volume button as described in this thread does not bring any sign of life. I cannot reach the CAS with Winpfk (error 209 IFH-0009) and also not with Tools32 via the D_CAS. Please help, how can I proceed?
    I am so close to solving the issue to my 135i which relates to yours. Did you ever solve how to wake it up to read the modules so you can flash them?

My Cars
    36 Cylinders
    Let me guess, you used K-DCAN
    -Abel

- E36 328is ~210-220whp: Lots of Mods.
    - 2000 Z3: Many Mods.
    - 2003 VW Jetta TDI Manual 47-50mpg
    - 1999 S52 Estoril M Coupe
    - 2014 328d Wagon, self-tuned, 270hp/430ft-lbs
    - 2019 M2 Competition, self-tuned, 504whp
    - 2016 Mini Cooper S

My Cars