Thread: I searched but can't find a definitive answer

My Cars
    325iC

I searched but can't find a definitive answer

My Convertible motors just don't work, I've tried resetting the top as well and of course nothing. Is there a fuse or something, and if so where is it?

Should the motors spin if you push the button the motors aren't engaged?

My Cars
    325iC
    I've just checked fuses 7, 35, and 43, and nothing at all. I've heard there's another fuse in the trunk, but I don't see it, maybe I just don't know where it is...

My Cars
    1997 BMW E36 328i vert
    there is a thread on this page that shows a picture of the battery fuse in the trunk. good luck!

My Cars
    Bmw e36 320 vert
    I had a similar problem! Looked everywhere for that fuse but I guess certain years dont have that fuse in the trunk by the battery because I know mine sure doesnt 1995! What my problem was there is this brown wire that runs up the roof in the back by the rear window on the drivers side! so when the roof goes up and down I guess I got loose and got caught in between the lifting mechanism and cut the wire, I finally discovered that was the problem reconnected the wire and I got power back to the motors! Hope this helps Look by the area where the drain hole is in the corner where the softop is bolted in thats where mine got split!