Thread: Seriously considering a m52 turbo build, have lots of parts, looking for advise

My Cars
    99'740il-6speed-3.15diff

Seriously considering a m52 turbo build, have lots of parts, looking for advise

Seriously considering a m52 turbo build, have lots of parts, looking for advise
    Well I should start by saying Im a mechanic, I have my own shop and I have done several e36 engine swaps. But, Im itching for something a bit more ambitious and I was looking around my shop and it seems like I might have a good start to the build with the current parts I have laying around. Really what im looking for is help with the parts i still need and advise on ecu problems i might have. there is a russian guy that does work for me every once and awhile, and i swear to god he is feaking amazing at getting into and reprograming/fixing/tuning ecu's and keys and pretty much anything under the sun that is related to automotive electronics. so Im not so worried about the tune when Im done. ill most likely take it to a dyno and have him come along and tune it. I think Im looking to make around 450-600whp but i dont want it to blow up 10k down the road. To be honest this is my first turbo build and I want to do it right. I dont want to leave a bad taste in my moth the first time.

so here are the parts I have to start with:

complete m52 engine (blown head gasket)
    s50 cams
    s50 crank
    s50 complete harness/fuel rail
    s50 computer
    3.5 maf
    maybe i have a m50 block and head but i cant remember its either that or its anther m52 block and head

things im going to need:
    ARP head stud kit
    thicker head gasket (not sure what thickness)
    turbo (have no idea what to go with here)
    trubo manifold (have no idea what to go with here)
    intercooler
    different fuel injectors and pump
    better pistons and rods (maybe eagle rods and im not sure on piston selection)

Im sure Im missing some stuff here but im tired of typing...

Lets see how deep the rabbit hole goes boys (and girls)

My Cars
    e28, e30, e36
    the m50 m52 blocks are very similar if not identical. They both have a 84mm bore.

I myself was wondering if it is possible to use s50/s52 or other bmw pistons to lower compression cheaply.