Thread: FS: 1999 BMW M3/2/5 - Estoril/Dove - 113k - $9k

My Cars
    2013 BMW M5

FS: 1999 BMW M3/2/5 - Estoril/Dove - 113k - $9k

*****Pending Sale - Deposit Received*****

-----------------------------------------------

1999 BMW M3/2/5 - Estoril Blue on Dove Gray - 3/99 build

113,xxx miles (Purchased 8/2010 w/ 102,xxx miles)

$9,000 FIRM

Factory options include HK Premium Sound, 6 disc changer, sunroof, spoiler, side airbags, and power heated vaders.

Maintenance (8/2010-Current)
    Oil Changes - 3 w/ 0w30 Castrol Syntec (German Castrol)
    Trans fluid - Redline D4 ATF
    Diff Fluid - Redline GL-5 75w90
    Coolant Flush - OEM BMW coolant w/ Redline Water Wetter
    RSM reinforcement plates (Vorshlag)
    CDV delete
    UUC SS clutch line
    AFE air filter
    Expansion tank
    Upper radiator hose
    tank cap
    aluminum t-stat housing
    80c t-stat
    ZHP knob
    HK mids replaced
    Spark plugs
    Fuel filter
    Seafoam
    Spark plug boots
    ASC delete (OEM Z3 non-ASC boot)
    Washer fluid pump
    Front lip (OEM)
    Wiper blades
    OEM floor mats (Black)
    Windshield

Receipts will be provided for all the maintenance listed above

The M3 has been very reliable during my ownership. Not once has it left me stranded. I've made two 600+ mile trips with zero issues. No major issues. Has been a great daily driver.

I've got the opportunity to pick up an e92 335i at a very good price which is why it's time for the M3 to find a new home. Otherwise I'd keep it and enjoy it for many summers to come. With all the HPFP issues on the 335i's, I may regret making the jump, but we shall see.

The windshield will be replaced in the next week or so. A ding was received in 9/2010. It wasn't drilled/filled properly, and a crack formed in 11/2010.

I've ordered fresh floor mats as of 5/7. The original mats are toast, and have been discarded.

The current issues with the M3 are minor in my opinion. The heated seat element on the driver seat currently doesn't function. I've never felt the need to use it, and thus I've never repaired it. Passenger heated seat functions properly. Both seats show some side bolster wear. Has some of the very common e36 issues (e.g., creaky clutch pedal during very cold weather, quiet/minor squeak from steering wheel/column, 5th gear detent when transmission cold after chilly night, etc).

--- $9,000 FIRM ---

Priced there for a quick sale. I don't believe you'll find another clean title, x/99 build M3, with low mileage, and maintenance records for that cheap. There's several on Craigslist with higher miles and higher asking prices. There's ever a few with similar asking prices and salvage titles.

It will be available the last week of May. I have to wait for the e92 in my inventory to hit 60 days before I can purchase it. Paperwork will be handled by my dealership. This will allow for ease of title transfer, protection of the buyer, protection of myself....and allow me to keep my freshly purchased LEM plates

Questions are welcomed. Lowball offers are not. I will not sell it for less than $9,000.

The following photos are from earlier in my ownership. The M3 is currently rolling on BMW Motorsport DS1's that were professionally powdercoated black a little over a year ago. They have no rash, no bends, no cracks, etc. Tires are Michelin Pilot A/S up front and Continental ContiSport3's out back.

I will get the car cleaned up and snap some fresh photos on Wednesday. Weather and work schedule have prevented me from giving it a bath for a while.

Last edited by e36bimmer328is; 05-10-2011 at 05:54 AM.
    2013 BMW M5
    -Silverstone / Black : DCT / Executive / Driver / B&O
    -ESS Tuning Stage 1+ Flash
    -Armytrix Full Valvetronic Exhaust
    -Rotiform BLQ-T Forged Mono II (21x9.5 / 21x11) : Brushed Base with Prismatic Powder Anodized Grape Topcoat
    -H&R Sport Springs
    -IND Cosmetic Package

Instagram : @vividracingjames

My Cars
    E36
    A-pillars? I hope so.

GLWS. Car looked good when I saw it yesterday.

My Cars
    2013 BMW M5
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentHubcap View Post
    A-pillars? I hope so.

GLWS. Car looked good when I saw it yesterday.
    Thanks
    2013 BMW M5
    -Rotiform BLQ-T Forged Mono II (21x9.5 / 21x11) : Brushed Base with Prismatic Powder Anodized Grape Topcoat
    -H&R Sport Springs
    -IND Cosmetic Package

My Cars
    4dr Wrangler, s60R
    will you take 6000? contour rims really bring down the value

jk, good luck with sale! looks very clean, good price for what it is, and pics of 335?

My Cars
    2013 BMW M5
    Quote Originally Posted by runnermatt07 View Post
    will you take 6000? contour rims really bring down the value

jk, good luck with sale! looks very clean, good price for what it is, and pics of 335?

I haven't snapped any photos of the 335i yet.

I'm fairly certain I've already got the M3 sold, but we shall see. I've got a guy offering a deposit which will give him 1st in line to buy it the end of this month. Another gentleman needs to sell his car before he can buy it, but I may have sent a buyer for his car his way today.

N54 here I come
    2013 BMW M5
    -H&R Sport Springs
    -IND Cosmetic Package

My Cars
    99 M3, 16' x35d, 09 128i
    needs cams coils and a new owner

My Cars
    2002 Impreza WRX
    Wow, blast from the past. I nearly bought this car last July! I had it inspected at Park Place when my friend was the service manager there and they hadn't seen one that clean in years (at the time). Assuming nothing out of the ordinary has happened in your short ownership this is well worth your asking price. I really wish I hadn't backed out.

OP: Would you mind pm'ing what you paid for it. I will keep it confidential, just curious to see if they budged on their asking price at all, or if i'm just a poor negotiator.

Thanks!

-Casey

My Cars
    2013 BMW M5
    Quote Originally Posted by KnudsonM3 View Post
    needs cams coils and a new owner
    Are you volunteering? Time to build a fleet of built Estoril cars.

Quote Originally Posted by SxcRex View Post
    Wow, blast from the past. I nearly bought this car last July! I had it inspected at Park Place when my friend was the service manager there and they hadn't seen one that clean in years (at the time). Assuming nothing out of the ordinary has happened in your short ownership this is well worth your asking price. I really wish I hadn't backed out.

OP: Would you mind pm'ing what you paid for it. I will keep it confidential, just curious to see if they budged on their asking price at all, or if i'm just a poor negotiator.

Thanks!

-Casey
    Yeah, me and a couple buddies put it up in the air to change out the fluids and couldn't believe how clean the underside of the car was, and that everything was there. A lot of times the undertrays, covers, panels, etc disappear over time.

If anything, the M3 has improved during my ownership. It's obvious the original owner took care of the car, but it's also obvious they weren't an enthusiast. I addressed all the common problems of the e36.

You've got pm concerning what I paid
    2013 BMW M5
    -H&R Sport Springs
    -IND Cosmetic Package

My Cars
    99 M3, 16' x35d, 09 128i

My Cars
    2013 BMW M5
    Pending Sale - Deposit Received
    2013 BMW M5
    -H&R Sport Springs
    -IND Cosmetic Package