Thread: Front Camber issues....

My Cars
    2001 Ford Explorer V8 XLT, 2007 Mazda CX-7
    I had a local Frame and Wheel shop do a full alignment and wheel balance on my car a couple weeks ago. I have two questions...

1.) He told me that I have negative (I think, its the bad kind where the bottom is in more than the top) camber on the front right and it can't be adjusted. Is this true? Is that why camber plates are available? Is that my only recourse for fixing the camber.

2.) In the last week I am starting to feel vibration. It comes and gos but is mostly noticable on the highway.(wasn't there after the alignment and balance.) Should I have the $tealer check the guido. I am still in the warranty. Or do you guys think it is the balance on one of the wheels out again. The weights all look fine. None missing as far as I can tell.

This guy has been in business for like 50 years and is really well known and respected in the area.

Thanks for any info.
    '98 BMW 328is Alpine White
    M3 Exhaust, Illuminated M Shift Knob, Euro Alarm LED Module, In-Dash Business CD / HK Sound System, M3 Contours wrapped in offset size AVS ES100's, M Side Mouldings, Euro/HID Headlighted w/Clear Corners

Current unwanted "Features"--
    "Low Beam Failure" message

My Cars
    Pokeball
    negative camber is when the top of the wheel is pushed in, and the bottom pushed out,,, and positive camber is the opposite.

camber on stock suspension can be adjusted by a limited amount. unless your car has sustained damage that made the adjustment totally out of wack at the right-front as reported by your mechanic, it should otherwise be adjustable w/o secondary camber kits.

Home: Bay Area, California |||| College: UCSB
    Everybody has camber questions today . Everything pika said, but bimmers are manufactured with the camber settings already installed/designed/incorporated into the suspension (so says the little book) and so have a minor range, which can be used to adjust stuff to compensate for when you bonk things loose occasionally. But to reiterate what pika said, it should be ok-adjustable unless you, literally, hit a sidewalk at 40mph and really bent something.
    - Jon, '93 325is