Thread: Re-introducing myself to the bimmer world.

My Cars
    2002 M3

Re-introducing myself to the bimmer world.

I posted this on other forums but bimmerforums has been my favorite since the days of my e36, hope to learn as much as I did with that car on my new M...

Ever since my first BMW I've been in love with the car's.. I bought a 92 e36 for 1,500 bucks and brought it back to life and had a blast on it for a couple of years. After i graduated college I rewarded myself with a brand new VW GTI, I figured I'd take advantage of cash for clunkers and went with a new car, ever since I got the GTI I wished I could get the car I really wanted.. A M3.

here is my e36, then my GTI - the e36 doesn't look like much but it was a blast to fix up:

I was forced to buy a new car to take advantage of cash for clunkers, plus I wanted that new car smell - even though I loved the M3 I had to pass.

Then, a blessing in disguise.. I got hit by an idiot and my poor GTI was totaled. I was OK and the car took a good beating but kept me safe.

After thinking long and hard I decided to buy the M3, pay a good amount off and get a small loan.. So now I have the car of my dreams and half the payment. Bought it from someone local who takes very good care of it. Sad to say it'll be my daily driver at least for a while...

Anyway, I drove the M3 and loved it - A little skeptical to get into a 20k car which is older but I'm very excited to start learning about it..

Here is what I bought, unfortunately I can't register it until Monday so it's sitting in my driveway all weekend without plates.

My Cars
    97 M3, 330 Zhp
    looks great

My Cars
    2002 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by M tastic View Post
    looks great
    Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2008 535xi
    That's easily one of the nicest looking cars I've ever seen. M3's are my favorite. Great buy.

My Cars
    2002 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPizzle View Post
    That's easily one of the nicest looking cars I've ever seen. M3's are my favorite. Great buy.
    Thanks!

My Cars
    E46 M3 6MT
    Nice, congratulations. Those BBS CH's make the car, love those wheels. I would add some color match reflectors as a first mod.

My Cars
    2002 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by OxfordM3 View Post
    Nice, congratulations. Those BBS CH's make the car, love those wheels. I would add some color match reflectors as a first mod.
    Thanks! That's the plan actually. Can you recommend a brand?

My Cars
    E46 M3 6MT
    I bought mine from Bavauto, www.bavauto.com Check under exterior, accessories, headlight trim & styling. They are expensive for what they are at $60. You might be able to get your local body shop to paint your stock ones for a better price.
    Last edited by OxfordM3; 05-04-2011 at 12:50 AM.

My Cars
    2002 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by OxfordM3 View Post
    I bought mine from Bavauto, www.bavauto.com Check under exterior, accessories, headlight trim & styling. They are expensive for what they are at $60. You might be able to get your local body shop to paint your stock ones for a better price.
    Oh definately. I have a friend that does bodywork that owes me a favor ... whatever the paint will cost him is probably much less than 60..