Autogeek.net Car Care Products
** 10% off @ Autogeek.net - PinnacleWax.com & Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember

Thread: Removing light scratches off glass. ; (

My Cars
    E36/8, MX-5 (2), LC, RE.

Removing light scratches off glass. ; (

Help. Previous owner had some really dark tint on my coupe. Yesterday,I decided to give it the clean look and remove it. The film left some goo residue on mostly all the windows.

I took some simple green and a scouring sponge to the job and the occasional razor blade. Now I have millions of light scratches on the window.. FML. I should have waited on goo gone.

Is there some sort of polish I can use to remove them?

Thanks in advance.
    - Y2K M Coupe (Garage Security)
    - '98 318Ti M-Sport - BEATER/ Mileage Hog/ AutoX
    - '87 944 N/A SILVER - (Project/DD/Cones)
    - '08 Land Cruiser 200 (Family Hauler)
    - '06 Royal Enfield Bullet 350 w/sidecar (weekend cruiser)

Future

- 88-91 M3 (maybe.. if I can find one, regret selling in 05)

- Richie

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by M3loco View Post
    Help. Previous owner had some really dark tint on my coupe. Yesterday,I decided to give it the clean look and remove it. The film left some goo residue on mostly all the windows.

I took some simple green and a scouring sponge to the job and the occasional razor blade. Now I have millions of light scratches on the window.. FML. I should have waited on goo gone.

Is there some sort of polish I can use to remove them?

Thanks in advance.
    The glue is not water soluble. You found that out the hard way.

You can try a mild polish (not one for shine) with diminishing abrasives.
    First by hand and if not good enough, use a random orbital.

I've actually been able to do a windshield with Klasse AIO and orange pad with decent results although, AIO is a paint cleaner.

Start out with the mildest polish and pad combo, so as not to introduce more scratching. Then move up in aggressiveness, if not satisfactory.
    Always do a test section, obviously.
    Walk a mile in my shoes and you are a mile away in someone else's shoes.
    Goodridge*UUC sways* Black TME's and mounts( switched from Red)* x-brace*brembo rotors*Zimmerman rear*Pagid*Riken Raptors* Roja Formula 7's (Bronze)* Stromung*Powdercoated AA DSB* OMP strut bar*GC RSM's* M3 alum/leather knob*JTD underpanel *Traffic PRO (sold) *Black hella Ellipsoids w/celis rings * ACS Pedals*ACS handbrake*RE Octane SSK*Wheelskins Eurotones S/ Wheel Cover( tossed-replaced with new one)* Totally Covers Front seat velour covers with custom styling *Rieger roof spoiler-lost it on fwy Stock A/B*URI CP (ditched years ago)*540 HFM (sold) Stock HFM (BeckArnley)*FMS 24 lb inj*Alum rad and some other stuff*Konis w/adj rr's*Vogtland springs ** Passport 8500(sold)*Passpprt 7500 (sold V1-1.8 with POP) No detectors at all.
    Coming...nada

BMWCCA-303681