Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Unfortunate Return of Ok Branko: E30 M3 Annihilation

My Cars
    '96 328is 5spd
    it sucks that legendary cars dont have legendary strength or invinsibility be glad it kept you alive. keep on keepin on!

My Cars
    '03 M3, '92 525i
    Very sad to see the car go, but if it had to, I'm glad it saved your life. Best of luck with the recovery and replacement - I'm sure your next car will be even better.
    '03 E46 M3 - "Brittney"
    '92 E34 525i - "Ivanka"

My Cars
    Porsche, e30 M3, MB-500e
    welcome back and so sorry about the car ! Get well soon !
    get ready for the battle with your insurance company, most likely they will offer you 5-6G's for it. Let me know if you have any questions.

Also if you decide to sell the wreck, I am very interested !

My Cars
    E34 M5, E91 328i, FZJ80
    Branko! Your E36 was the first M3 I idolized back in the day. You've always been an inspiration, even more when I saw you bought the E30 M3. I'm really glad to see that your still here posting. It could have been wayyyy worse.

I have no doubt that your next build will be even more epic. Feel better man.
    Instagram @Restoration_Motorsport
    www.RestorationMotorsport.com
    -Nick

My Cars
    1988 BMW E30 320I
    What a sad lost to the bimmer world glad your ok tho good luck with insurance and with getting fit again

My Cars
    2002 330i, 1999 328is
    Sorry to hear this buddy... I know how hard it is to find a clean E30 (let alone a M3) in wisconsin. PM sent.

My Cars
    E30 M3 & E36 M3
    Blast. This blows man. Good thing you made it out alive.

My Cars
    W203 220CDI,08 MCS
    holy flippin balls bro!

remember the flawless car, and glad to see you back, just wish it would be under better circumstances

anyway, good thing you're ok!

On Monday, April 18 at 3:30 pm I was involved in a collision in Downtown Milwaukee. While driving east I was T-Boned by what I believe was a silver jeep SUV of some sort who had barreled through a red light into my driver side door. I am very fortunate and had this car not have been so well engineered I don't think I'd be here typing this out.
    I'm assuming the guy stopped no? cuz this would be quite a hit n run

My Cars
    E30 and other misc high mileage trash
    So sorry for your loss but glad you are home and alive, my heart sank when I saw the pic. Best of luck on your recovery and hopefully getting PAID by insurance

My Cars
    '91 318i, '04 STI
    Damn man....that sucks to see that. It reminds me of what I went through when someone plowed into me in my '89 Zinno M3. As people have said prepare for the insurance battle.

BTW, hate to sound like a f**king vulture but if you decide to part LMK on the bumpers. Glad you're okay.
    M52 project underway....

My Cars
    EuroS50B30,e83,Frontier
    heartbreaking.. Glad your ok bud
    "There are bold drivers and there are old drivers, but there are no bold, old drivers."

My Cars
    08 mini cooper s turbo!!
    damn sucks man both cars were hot but man that e30 m3 was sexy ..but hopefully you ll back on your feet soon..

My Cars
    looking for e36 m3 coupe
    This is awful. I'm sorry for you. I absolutely hate to hear about people getting hurt by jackasses running red lights. I lived in Phoenix for a few years and that is an epidemic out there.

My Cars
    a dumb e39 m5
    Once again thank you all for the kind words. I agree that completely losing the car would be regrettable considering the amount of work put into it and the amount of salvageable parts still on the car.

This just happened a few days ago and I won't be able to see the car in person for a little while. Part of posting here is allowing me to show the demand that these cars have for parts.

Quote Originally Posted by carreraboy911 View Post
    welcome back and so sorry about the car ! Get well soon !
    get ready for the battle with your insurance company, most likely they will offer you 5-6G's for it. Let me know if you have any questions.

Also if you decide to sell the wreck, I am very interested !
    Over the summer we had a lot of money put into the car to get it back to top shape and we also have all of the receipts for this. Since I was pretty much in a haze for the past few days my Father took care of talking to the insurance company and such. They said they would be able to reimburse for part of the work we had done.

Additionally a close friend had been involved in a head-on collision in a 1991 E30 M3 and has been lending his expertise as to how he had taken care of the situation.

At this point I'll be going back through old roundels and bimmer magazines to find the market prices that E30 M3s have been going for in the past few years. As well as classified sections on here, S14.net, Ebay, ect so that I can create a portfolio of example E30 M3 pricings.

I had the full bells and whistles coverage on the car. The other driver has Geico insurance and i've already been advised to forward all call attempts from them directly to my USAA agent.

I am the victim here for sure. A police officer stopped into the ER after the accident to check in on me and tell me what was going on as well as giving me condolences for the passing of an E30 M3.

But as this is my first major collision I dont have any experience to base this off of. I feel like im in good hands though so I'm not going to be stressing out until after I can walk.

Quote Originally Posted by white96850turbo View Post
    Sorry to hear this buddy... I know how hard it is to find a clean E30 (let alone a M3) in wisconsin. PM sent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Status Quo View Post
    Damn man....that sucks to see that. It reminds me of what I went through when someone plowed into me in my '89 Zinno M3. As people have said prepare for the insurance battle.

BTW, hate to sound like a f**king vulture but if you decide to part LMK on the bumpers. Glad you're okay.
    It's definitely a priority of mine to be able to salvage whats left of the car or get it into someone's hands who can put the car to good use. This will probably be a slow process but I'll try to keep the forums and interested parties updated. I don't think I personally will have the physical ability (in the immediate time frame) or space to fully part the car out.

Quote Originally Posted by sc0ttyb0y View Post
    it sucks that legendary cars dont have legendary strength or invinsibility be glad it kept you alive. keep on keepin on!
    I was about to install my go-go-gadget-rocketjumpers guess ill just have to part those out haha
    Donges

My Cars
    Z3M Coupe & Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by Ok Branko View Post

I'm also looking forward to taking a poop. It's been 3 days and with all this oxycodone I probably won't be able to drop a log for a little while longer
    LOL, I kept asking my doc how long it would be till I was gonna drop one too (after I had surgery)... it took 1 week. But man it felt good.

My Cars
    a dumb e39 m5
    Quote Originally Posted by jajou318 View Post
    LOL, I kept asking my doc how long it would be till I was gonna drop one too (after I had surgery)... it took 1 week. But man it felt good.
    I cannot wait for this seriously. I've been having nothing but little farts for the past few days. Just got a shower stool so I can take a shower oh god yes shooowerrrrrrrrrrrrrr be back in a week
    Donges

My Cars
    triple rare US E36 M3
    @ poo talk.

GL on your rehab.
    BMWCCA Member 376052
    RIP Pandashizzle

My Cars
    1987 BMW Mustang GT 5-speed
    I'm surprised you didn't get out of the car and beat the other driver.

I had a friend with a heavily modded VR4 that was T-boned and looked like your m3. Even with a broken arm, and fractured femur, he stumbled out in pure rage toward the other driver. Most were surprised he was even moving.

My Cars
    German Rice

Compactive is offline Helpful. BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    3x 318ti
    First off, I'm very glad you're alright. It's definitely a miracle from God you're not substantially hurt. How did the other driver turn out?

I was curious as to what the other driver had to say for him/herself, or what the reasoning behind their actions beyond being a regular jack wagon. The accident is so absurd I'm just curious altogether.

You certainly has a rare gem that you kept stock, which is a beautiful thing. But like Spring, beauty doesn't last long. Good luck in your situation, and I hope you join the community once again when you get back into the game.

Take your time.
    Want a custom signature? Post requests here, or PM me here | My Flickr

My Cars
    2002 M Coupe, 2019 F31
    R.I.P. Alpine E30 M3. Get better soon broski. Very sad photos to see... can only imagine losing such a prized possession like yours.

-2023 Honda Odyssey Elite
    -2019 F31 Individual (M-Sport, Prem, Exec, Track)
    -2004 Honda CRV
    -2002 S54 M Coupé

My Cars
    a dumb e39 m5
    Quote Originally Posted by Compactive View Post
    First off, I'm very glad you're alright. It's definitely a miracle from God you're not substantially hurt. How did the other driver turn out?

I was curious as to what the other driver had to say for him/herself, or what the reasoning behind their actions beyond being a regular jack wagon. The accident is so absurd I'm just curious altogether.

You certainly has a rare gem that you kept stock, which is a beautiful thing. But like Spring, beauty doesn't last long. Good luck in your situation, and I hope you join the community once again when you get back into the game.

Take your time.
    Immediately after the accident occurred I spent what felt like 2 minutes trying to breathe in. I was bewildered and had lost my bearings. I was still facing the direction of travel yet thought I had spun around and kept referring to to the wrong directions around me.

I managed to move my butt into the passenger seat with my legs still near the pedals since the driver seat was pretty much non-existent after the impact. I knew something was wrong. It felt like my core/skeleton was broke. Initially I felt like maybe I had cracked a rib or something. But after I shimmied over to the passenger seat I knew I wouldn't be able to walk.

There was A LOT of commotion around as this was a pretty active intersection in Downtown Milwaukee, and at 3:30 pm there was alot of people walking around, leaving work, going to lunch, ect.

So immediately after the accident the driver (i assume it was the driver, like I said I was more focused on breathing and trying to mentally assess what happened) had ran over, pale as a ghost, and started asking if was ok, apologizing, ect.

The guy who was driving behind me, who later stayed to give a statement, I think was the dude keeping me calm and running me through what felt like basic EMT tests. Verbally checking me out, asking who I was, when it was, ect. Within moments of the crash my car had 5-6 people around trying to help until paramedics showed up.

So the was probably less than 3-4 minutes after the impact to be able to communicate with me before the paramedics took over and I wasn't really in the position to chat. Some dude snapped some camera phone pics of the car and was like "damn, sorry about your E30 M3" which was kinda rude now that I think about it considering I got carted away on a back board.

The other driver was able to walk away from it. When I was loaded into the ambulance I guess he was sitting on the curb with his head in his hands. He's 19 or 20 years old. I'm sure the whole deal is weighing heavily on his shoulders.

My girlfriend's family and my work friends have all expressed how surprised they are with how mellow I have been and I think just speaks for the kind of person I am. There really was no way I could have acted to prevent this from happening, so I just have to roll with it. I was heading to pick up a prescription and run some errands because my girlfriend and I were planning on spending our spring break at the Deyoung Family Zoo in Michigan playing with baby monkeys and riding dolphins. So I was more upset at the time with having to tell her that we wouldn't be able to go
    Donges

My Cars
    E30, E34 & E46
    Ok. That stinks. I am glad you are ok and feel terrible about the car. Being new to the forum I am glad I read this. Seeing your E36 is making me change the direction of the 325is I just bought. I love the black roof!!! Once again I am glad you survived it and I appreciate love you have shown both of your cars.

My Cars
    '95 M3, '17 Civic Si
    winter tires on the E30 M3?

if you drive that thing in the snow, I salute you for not being "that guy" who garages the car just because it s rare

-Rich-

My Cars
    89 NISSAN PATHFINDER
    yowsers... im so sorry for all that has happened, and i wish you a speedy recovery

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast