Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Unfortunate Return of Ok Branko: E30 M3 Annihilation

My Cars
    a dumb e39 m5

The Unfortunate Return of Ok Branko: E30 M3 Annihilation

I'm sure many of the forum veterans will remember me, but for those not in the know, I used to be much more active and constantly photo whore my E36 M3. I think this was the last picture of my E36 I posted on the forums maybe 3-4 years ago before I upgraded to an absolutely beautiful and mechanically perfect 1989 E30 M3.

I got the E30 M3 in October of I THINK 2007. This was the first picture I ever took of it. My friend Dave had pretty much played matchmaker between myself and the cars owner.

This was one of those perfect days and perfect cars where from the moment I saw it parked outside the restaurant I knew it was going to be mine. Within one hour, one beer, and one handshake the process of adoption began.

Two days later I was the proud owner of the one car I had only ever DREAMED about owning since I was 16. This car was perfect. I have never felt so perfectly matched to an Automobile in my life. I felt like this little E30 perfectly suited my tastes and matched me in every way.

Every day driving this car left me with a stupid grin from ear to ear. It was pretty much all stock and clean enough to rub my face on. I had the top of the line late 80's gadgets. The best of both worlds in audio with a 6 disc in the trunk and cassette up in the cabin. I always had my Beastie Boys License to Ill, Genesis Invisible Touch, and Metallica ...And Justice for All cassettes in the car just in case things got serious.

Over the next few years of ownership the car changed very little. I added some black plastic covers for the kidney grills, smoked front turn signals, euro headlight surrounds, euro rear plate tub, and eventually an EVO front spoiler. Over this last summer the car had a lot of work done to it by John Wise while he was at IMA. The engine was rebuilt, suspension replaced, underbody cleaned up and essentially brought back to amazing condition.

I would constantly be stopped by people and receive compliments and thumbs up and nods of approval from both young and old. In most cases I felt guilty that I could never just say "thanks." Too often I'd be turning through an intersection and hear "OMGNICEE30M3" yelled at me from a passing car.

I feel like I have so much more to write but I am feeling nauseous from the pain killers I am on so I'm going to start cutting forward.

Here is one of the last pictures of my E30 M3 taken 3 weeks ago at Mitsuwa outside of chicago

On Monday, April 18 at 3:30 pm I was involved in a collision in Downtown Milwaukee. While driving east I was T-Boned by what I believe was a silver jeep SUV of some sort who had barreled through a red light into my driver side door. I am very fortunate and had this car not have been so well engineered I don't think I'd be here typing this out.

I spent 9 hours in the ER and stayed in the hospital over night. The impact crushed my driver side door in roughly 14" and left me with a fractured hip socket. That was pretty much the extent of my injury, no head trauma, no other breaks, and just a small area of glass abrasions on my left forearm.

im gonna go pee and eat something because my stomach feels jacked
    Donges

My Cars
    e30 e34
    Wow, that is sad to see. Glad to see you weren't more seriously injured though. Good luck with the insurance company, you planning on buying it back or what?
    '88 s54 e30, '00 m5

My Cars
    98 M3
    Worst thread ever. I can't imagine how you feel.

My Cars
    a dumb e39 m5
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcbe34 View Post
    Wow, that is sad to see. Glad to see you weren't more seriously injured though. Good luck with the insurance company, you planning on buying it back or what?
    Luckily the driver behind me stopped and talked to the cops. So I have a witness confirming that we had green lights and were traveling well within the speed limit.

Additionally, I'm under USAA auto insurance, and actually had FULL coverage on the car including collision insurance (which i guess is rare for people to put on cars that old).

I also have a hefty binder full of every single receipt for work that the car has went through since 1990.

This is also the first major accident I've ever been in. So I'm hoping for the best

I am very interested in buying the car back and parting it out. Ideally I'd love to give another old BMW an S14 heart transplant. But as of now I'm immobilized and not planning on utilizing the 30 day rental from my insurance until the end of next week. I'm also not confident I'll have the space or time to really fully strip and part the car out. We'll see how things play out in the upcoming weeks.
    Last edited by Ok Branko; 04-21-2011 at 11:28 AM.
    Donges

My Cars
    e30, e61
    Oh my god. Oh. Ow.

So sad to see the car go this way, the important thing is that you survived though! I feel your pain, I lost my pristine 87 RX7 in much the same manner, but to a Volvo instead of a Jeep.

Recover fast!

My Cars
    E34
    Glad(?) the hip was your only injury.

I AM VERY sorry for your loss. Looked like a pretty flawless ///M.

My Cars
    Boring E36
    Welcome back man your E36 was a true inspiration for us. First E36 with a black roof.

Part the e30 out. Short block alone retails for $10k from the dealer. That engine is worth a lot of money.
    U MAD?

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '06 Forester
    Breaks my heart to see the car go like that, but at least you came out (for the most part) alright.

My Cars
    1988 325is
    ='(

My Cars
    2002 BMW Streetcarver,
    Wow. Glad to see you are alright. Cars can be replaced.

My Cars
    LSx M3 & 2017 Touareg
    Yoooo Buddy!!!!!!!

Wow long time no see!!!

Glad you are ok.
    Last edited by Bsaint; 04-21-2011 at 12:48 PM.

My Cars
    e36m3<3 & a e30
    thats rough bro. i remember joining the forum and seeing your car(e36) as inspiration to others and myself. goodluck with recovery and the insurance ordeal.

My Cars
    triple rare US E36 M3
    welcome back man!
    BMWCCA Member 376052
    RIP Pandashizzle

My Cars
    I take the bus to work.
    glad to see you back!!! not happy to see why....

let me know if you are gonna part out.. I picked up an e30 m3 rolling chassis that needs a drivetrain. Hope you recover soon!
    -M3J0N

My Cars
    1986 Euro 525e
    Damn man, really sorry to see. I was expecting an awesome build as I was reading, glad the injuries were not worse.

My Cars
    '93 325is
    sorry to see. best of luck recovering (physically and financially)

My Cars
    96 M3
    omg wwhhhy??

My Cars
    330ci
    That sucks, just be glad you are ok.. I lived for a couple years in Minnesota before coming back to Germany, and I was shocked at how bad the drivers are there. More than one occasion I would be sitting at a red light and someone would come driving right by me and run the red light. The USA needs to make it harder to get a drivers license. I hope you get another e30M3 I still miss mine, but they are so expensive now.
    Last edited by TEUTONIC; 04-21-2011 at 01:07 PM.
    Sold-1995 Hellrot E36M3/Sold-1991 brilliantrot E30M3

"Ich mag ein nacktes, leichtes Auto haben. Für gemütlich geh ich ins Bett." Tim Schrick

My Cars
    '95 M3, '17 Civic Si
    cars can be replaced, lives cannot (yet)

happy you're OK, OP.......
    -Rich-

My Cars
    '14 Tacoma & '88 300e
    Holy crap man this sucks! I definitely remember you and your old car from years ago and this E30 was sweet, sucks to see it go. Glad to hear you are ok though!

My Cars
    03 Tahoe Z71/03 Camry
    GOOD NIGHT!!!!!!! Wow man... been a long time and this isn't usually how one wants to make a return. Very glad you're alright!
    -Ken

My Cars
    E46+E36 M3
    Sorry to hear about the e30. The car looked mint! Glad you made it out okay.
    AW|Byzanz

My Cars
    a dumb e39 m5
    Thanks for all the kind words everyone to both old friends and new. I wasn't able to see the damage to the car until my dad snapped the pictures for me. I was thrown on a board and put into an ambulance straight from the passenger seat so I was pretty shocked by the fact that it looks like the side of the car was hit by a wrecking ball.

My dad broke down when he saw the car, the driver seat was crushed to about 1/2 of its original width. The guy working at the tow yard was amazed that I had survived.

I am certain that if I didn't have such a good taste in automobiles I probably wouldn't be sitting on my couch, hopped up on oxycodone, writing about all this on bimmerforums. :P

So as for recovery, I'm pretty much free of any and all work/school obligations for the next week or two. The Doctor said I have a minimum of 4 weeks where I cannot put ANY weight or stress onto my left hip.

I'm also looking forward to taking a poop. It's been 3 days and with all this oxycodone I probably won't be able to drop a log for a little while longer
    Donges

My Cars
    Audi RS4. BMW S1000RR.
    there are always other cars out there.

My Cars
    bmw e30 318ia
    very sad to see these pics good to hear that you survive to the crash chins ups man

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast