View Poll Results: Did you find the information helpful?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Helpful

2 25.00%
  • Better prepared now to deal with police

5 62.50%
  • The police can't intimidate me now

0 0%
  • Not helpful - I'm an incorigible scofflaw

1 12.50%

Thread: How to beat a speeding ticket

My Cars
    E39 M5

Thumbs up

Hey Guys,

Here is a site you may find helpful to study before you go out tonight.

Yes, this is for you to Tommy!

Here is the site: http://www.norman-law.com/page12.html

What to do when I'm stopped is must reading.

For you guys out in the Tarzana, California area, the Law firm has a calender to register your Name for court appearance.

There is some hot, protect yourself, cover your a** stuff here.

Don't leave home without reading this site from end to end.

Enjoy!

My Cars
    White 2005 BMW M3 Coupe
    Thanks Chris. My M3 is bright red and here in California it definitely attracts attention!

Gio

The Best advice is, if your know your going to get pulled over, Pull over.

I was doing 90 in a 55 and saw the cop and I knew and saw him coming out. So I pulled right over.

At first, I thought he was going to blow right by me but he saw me at the side of the road and was on full brakes sideways on the highway before he pulled behind me. I thought I was a dead man because he was grabbing his chest after sliding 30-50 feet to pull behind me.

While looking in the rear view mirror, I see this 240lb 6'5 Black NJ State Trooper get out and say to myself "I'm so DEAD its not funny" He stood next to my window and before he could say "License, Insurance and Registration" I already had it in my had handing it to him.

He didn't even ask me "Do you know why I pulled you over" He just took my papers and walked to the car.

I was thinking
    Fine-$200
    Insurance up 20%
    Surcharge-$250 per year

DAM DAM DAM.

He comes back and says here's a warning. Because you pulled over before I put on my lights and had your paper work ready, I'll let you go witha warning.

If you know you did somethign wrong admit it and they will be more forgiving.

Mike

My Cars
    2006 E46 M3 w/ Competition Package; 2005 Lotus Eli
    Almost the exact same thing happened to me. I was doing 70 in a 45 zone. As soon as I saw the cop, I pulled over, turned off the engine and had my paperwork ready. I even rolled down my passenger side window just as he was approaching (nice touch, eh?). I admitted to speeding, he told me to slow down, and then he just walked away without even running my license.

I think the cops have a sense of sport, and if we're sporting enough to pull over and play the game, they're often sporting enough to throw us back in the pond for a second chance. You get a free pass, buddy -- it's a mutual respect thing.

Tell you what, it also helps that I was on a secluded winding road. I actually believe that cops are more likely to ticket you when "there are other drivers watching."
    • 2006 E46 M3 ZCP
    • 2005 Lotus Elise

Thanks Chris! Thats got loads of useful information I'll unfortunately probably need sometime.