My Cars
    02 MC, 01 MR, 99 Z3C
    Sky, I gotta ask what your plate means
    Kelvin

My Cars
    368, E86, 318ti, Raptor
    Quote Originally Posted by KBH22102 View Post
    Sky, I gotta ask what your plate means
    Kelvin, Nothing really. It is a Arkansas US foreign war veteran plate. They have no rhyme or reason to the lettering, just alpha based upon the first plate which i assume was AAAAA or something. You can see the US off the side and the USAF sticker beside it. My M wannabe tag frame covers the part that says Op Iraqi Freedom Vet...

Not that I wanted to be the VFW ol guy with war stories, but Vet plates in Arkansas are only 3 bucks a year.... so it was simple economics for me... 3 bucks or 40ish.... instant choice.

My Cars
    02 m 367 & 99 m 368
    It's interesting that you went with the front to back diameter stagger. I think it's a good move, there is something about the shape of the Z3 that makes the stock fronts look taller than the rears even though the're the same diameter.

So you were in Guam and now you're in Texas but your car has plates from Arkansas? How did that happen?

My Cars
    02 e367, 08 Acura TL-S
    Sky I'm loving it! Don't see a double stagger too often on these cars, but the lines of the coupe certainly lend to it nicely. I have the same considerations when I start my wheel hunt... namely, must be less weight and proper offset to fit without spacers. I've always liked the LTWs, but with all that view of the hub, it screams BBK.

My Cars
    368, E86, 318ti, Raptor
    Quote Originally Posted by GB5416 View Post
    It's interesting that you went with the front to back diameter stagger. I think it's a good move, there is something about the shape of the Z3 that makes the stock fronts look taller than the rears even though the're the same diameter.

So you were in Guam and now you're in Texas but your car has plates from Arkansas? How did that happen?
    Geoff, Just a perk of being Military. Soldiers and Sailors Act basically lets me hold registration in any state so long as I have an Active ID card, so long as I have some address in that locale. I own a home in Arkansas, so that is considered my "Home of Record" Arkansas has no vehicle inspection, no annual taxes for military members. My tags for 2 BMW's, 1 Infiniti, and 1 sportbike were 26 dollars total.... in Texas, 1 inspection and tag is almost a hundred bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by lokijibber View Post
    Sky I'm loving it! Don't see a double stagger too often on these cars, but the lines of the coupe certainly lend to it nicely. I have the same considerations when I start my wheel hunt... namely, must be less weight and proper offset to fit without spacers. I've always liked the LTWs, but with all that view of the hub, it screams BBK.
    Thanks Loki, the brakes do look a lil puny now, buts its not as bad in person. BBK may come one day, but for now i just need to repaint my stuff thats on there now. The LTW's feel GREAT, the weight difference make a huge impact.

One more for good measure.....

My Cars
    Z3 Coupe 3.0
    I will be ordering wheels this week, i like your setup. Did you have to roll your rear fender for the 285's?

I think i'm going to do the same size but with 18s up front and (Apex EC-7)
    Last edited by fallguy; 01-18-2016 at 06:40 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12