Thread: Thinking about buying. Some Questions.

Question Thinking about buying. Some Questions.

I'm thinking about buying a 94 or 95 Black 325is, manual shift. What should I look for? What options are available or standard? Any changes in the interior or exterior from 92-98? Do they have the parked car venilation? Problems with these cars? Things to look for? Thanks so much. I'm really looking forward to having my own. Thanks.

Just make sure the car was serviced regularly and you should be fine. Mine has 125k and still runs perfect. Good luck

My Cars
    '06 330i 6MT Sport
    Options I would definately get:
    Cold Weather Climate? - Get one with ASC+T
    Leather not Vinylette
    Sport Package
    Full Trip Computer

Year Model:
    I would basically try to get a 1996 328i. Coupe or Sedan. This way you will get a little more torque and the mouldings will all be body color from the factory.

my 2 cents

My Cars
    Yes, cars.
    Make sure that your rims are all straight. The sport package wheels are very soft, and 4/5 of mine were bent when I got the car!

The heated seats are nice!

Mine doesn't have parked car ventilation, as far as I know.

I agree with The Tick. Make sure you have all your maintenance records.

You may need to switch out the waterpump on your bimmer, too, if it has a plastic impeller.

I love my 1995 325is!
    Jeff
    2004 325XI Sport Package

Thanks, I will look for these things. Where should I go to see if the rims are straight. I am looking at one with a sport package, so if the rims were bent, that'd be a real problem.

My Cars
    E36 M3/2, 997 Turbo
    All 4 of my s/p rims were bent when I bought them or became bent last winter. It's hard to see the inside lips, so you basically have to take the wheels off to see. I wouldn't worry too much, because unless there's a huge dent, all bent rims do is cause vibration at high speed.

If you're even considering a '95 325 I'd definitely go for a '96 328 if you can afford it. I drove a 325 before the 328 and the difference was kind of substantial. I think I lucked out with a healthy 328 though.
    Current:
    1999 e36 M3 coupe Titanium Silver
    2009 997 911 Turbo Meteor Gray
    Gone but not forgotten:
    2007 E92 335i Spacegrau/Coral : RETURNED
    2006 Lotus Elise Polar Blue/Red SOLD
    1997 E36 328is Arctic Silver: SOLD

My Cars
    '01 330i
    if you find a car you are interested in, take it to a bmw mechanic for a quick inspection. this cost me about $75, but it was worth it. i found some things on my car that needed to be fixed, so i was able to negotiate that into the price of the car.

again, one thing that i really needed was the split, fold-down rear seats which i had no luck finding in a sedan. it was an option on the sedans, and apparently not many people chose that option.