Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SUCCESS: Interface in ADS mode without a real COM port

My Cars
    '94 325i / s13
    Quote Originally Posted by Orphee View Post
    The simple fact DIS can connect to the E36 car with my settings will be a success (ignition detection & co).
    Sure, but if it can only connect to the same modules which an OBD interface could connect to, then nothing has been gained over a USB OBD interface setup.

I was just pointing out that if you are able to test one of the older DMEs then it will prove not only that something was gained, but that full, genuine ADS mode over USB had been gained. That's all.

I was able to connect to my e36 using a usb-serial adapter through virtualbox in ADS mode, but only to the same modules which I could already access with a normal USB OBD interface. There was no benefit to the virtualbox setup, despite the fact that it was, in fact, a successful setup. I'd have been better off with just an OBD interface and no virtualbox.

My Cars
    BMW 325 TDS E36
    Ok I understand, we will know it soon.

My Cars
    1996 bmw 318 tds touring
    hello

I have the same situation you had success with the patch? how?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by betaruce View Post
    i hv bought an ADS interface and also a PCMCIA->RS232 adapter

the adapter reads "High speed communication port (COM26)" in the device manager under the item "Ports (COM & LPT)"
    it does not have the Resources tab

there is another item "PCMCIA adapters", under that with "Texas Instrument PCI 1520 cardbus controller"
    this should be the socket that I plugged the adapter into
    it has a resources tab
    it has 2 IO range: FE00-FEFF, FD00-FDFF, and iRQ 11

does that mean i need to run the patch so that the ADS driver would point to the PCMCIA adapter? if yes, I don't know what I should type into Jarda's programe (which COM number? and which address as there is 2 IO range)
    I tried COM1 with address FE00 or FDFF but no luck

hello

I have the same situation you had success with the patch? how?
    Last edited by vitch82; 09-10-2013 at 12:29 PM.

My Cars
    '94 325i / s13
    Quote Originally Posted by betaruce View Post
    the adapter reads "High speed communication port (COM26)" in the device manager under the item "Ports (COM & LPT)"
    it does not have the Resources tab

there is another item "PCMCIA adapters", under that with "Texas Instrument PCI 1520 cardbus controller"
    this should be the socket that I plugged the adapter into
    it has a resources tab
    it has 2 IO range: FE00-FEFF, FD00-FDFF, and iRQ 11
    Can anyone confirm whether this is the expected result in the event that the PCMCIA card does not have a hardware I/O port for the serial port and cannot work with this patch tool? This seems likely to me but I'm not an authority on the subject and I don't have any PCMCIA cards to play with.

My Cars
    1996 bmw 318 tds touring
    hello

i'am new in bimmerforums and i'am portuguese sorry for my inglish.

supposed when we insert the pcmcia serial adapter card in the device manager appears in item "pcmcia" to install the drives? why appears in item "ports" (com & ltp)?
    in device manager in item "pcmcia" i have:
    -controller O2micro OZ6933 cardbus with 2 address: FD00-FDFF; FC00-FCFF; IRQ 5
    -another controller O2micro OZ6933 carbus with 2 address: FA00-FAFF; F900-F9FF; IRQ 11
    -controller texas instruments pci-1410 cardbus with 2 address: F800-F8FF; F600-F6FF; IRQ 5-i think this is the wireless mini pci card controller.

my pcmcia serial adapter its this:
    http://viewitem.eim.ebay.pt/PCMCIA-t...d=835682924003

the problem is my laptop or the adapter?

waiting for help

My Cars
    04 Honda Civic...for now
    I had success with this tool and:

Thinkpad T400s
    Windows XP 32-bit Service Pack 3
    StarTech "Native Expresscard RS232" (EC1S952) Expresscard34 serial adapter
    INPA version 4.4.7 in ADS mode
    1998 M3 (CD93, 04/98 build date)

My Cars
    36 Cylinders
    Here's the thread I was looking for finally!

Yes, I have had success with mine as well,
    details here
    http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...7#post29159137
    -Abel

- E36 328is ~210-220whp: Lots of Mods.
    - 2000 Z3: Many Mods.
    - 2003 VW Jetta TDI Manual 47-50mpg
    - 1999 S52 Estoril M Coupe
    - 2014 328d Wagon, self-tuned, 270hp/430ft-lbs
    - 2019 M2 Competition, self-tuned, 504whp
    - 2016 Mini Cooper S

My Cars
    1995 E36 328i
    I know this post is super old, but I think I found something very useful. The ADS interface uses the DriverNT.sys file, which directly accesses the COM Port. I actually found the source code for it. It was written by C't, which is a german computer magazine and they uploaded the source code on their website. I dont know much about driver programming, but I am sure there is somebody here who does. This might enable us to use virtual com ports like USB adapter or make it run on 64 Bit systems...

Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vu...8NwUcG6Aimg6Tf

The comments (in the .h file) are in german, I can translate those if somebody is interested

My Cars
    1995 E36 328i
    So, I have good and bad news. Bad news: The DirectNT driver is only used to give full IO access to EDIABAS, all the other functions are unused. I thought that all communication goes through this driver, but this is not the case. To make USB work, the ADS32.dll will have to be reverse engineered. Good news: 64-Bit ADS is working with a modified DirectNT driver!

BC5 (only works with ADS) on Windows 10 64 Bit: https://i.imgur.com/tvq1IZ7.png

My Cars
    BMW 328i 96
    Nice, but how did you do that?

My Cars
    1995 E36 328i
    I recompiled the driver for 64 Bit. But I found a way better way to do it: Link

My Cars
    1993 BMW E34 518i
    Github solution do work but when replacing api32.dll it changes the ediabas version to 7.3.0 and making egs and dme not able to read. With real usb port everything working with ediabas version 6.4.7. Maybe this will work if the modified ediabas library in old version. Anyone has any solutions to get ads and dis to work with usb serial port device?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123