Thread: Warning Light: Circle with edges and an Exclamation mark inside it

My Cars
    1999 323i SE

Warning Light: Circle with edges and an Exclamation mark inside it

Hello everyone,

This is my first time I post a thread on the Bimmerforums and hopefully you can help me please.

Left home and started the car and drove it for 4 mins then stopped for a red traffic light, suddenly a circle with edges (round it all) with an exclamation mark inside came on (the gear was on D), started to drive, the car was so going slow and took long time to gain speed.

I've attached a picture of the warning light below.

http://img819.imageshack.us/f/040420112038.jpg/

Please I need your help on this as quick as possible. I need to know what the light is and reason for that. Your help is much appreciated.

My Cars
    2004 BMW 325i
    check this out my friend

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=363734

it doesn't look good.....
    Sedan Parts for sale EURO TRAY / OEM original books in leather case / misc. exterior

My Cars
    2004 ZHP 6MT
    Transmission Warning Light.

by Dane Wilson, on Flickr

My Cars
    Touring, and a few more
    Do you not read your owner's manual?
    In God we trust. Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them.

My Cars
    2002 325xi, 96 Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by stickbuilder View Post
    You shouldn't assume that everyone has it.

As for the light, yea its a transmission error light. I know that oddly a bad mass air flow sensor can cause it but I had a check engine light on also. Get the codes pulled and see what is wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by softwarehawk View Post
    Does anyone know how the keyless ignition is meant to operate? The current system could be very dangerous if someone drove to an unsafe area, and then could not start the car.
    Quote Originally Posted by deathwarden5 View Post
    What?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewayzracer View Post
    The poors might get him...

My Cars
    2004 BMW 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by WHITEXi View Post
    You shouldn't assume that everyone has it.

As for the light, yea its a transmission error light. I know that oddly a bad mass air flow sensor can cause it but I had a check engine light on also. Get the codes pulled and see what is wrong.
    this is true i do not have an owners manual
    but i do have a best friend by the name of google lmao
    its just as good is some respects
    but yes i should have put details..... it in many circumstances is a transmision issue, "check engine" light is a different one, to stay safe pull the codes, but many people end up changing their transmissions
    and it aint cheap

is there anymore details of your car that you can provide
    current miles
    how long you have owned it (or was it just bought)
    any past issues

find a good mechanic or dealer and get it checked out, that info may be helpful to them also
    Sedan Parts for sale EURO TRAY / OEM original books in leather case / misc. exterior

My Cars
    '74 tii, '85 & '86 535i
    Quote Originally Posted by stickbuilder View Post
    You can find owner's manuals and other goodies here, although you have a UK car. Could still be helpful!
    http://www.linquist.net/motorsports/bmw/3manuals
    John in VA
    BMW CCA member
    National Capital Chapter
    '74 tii "Juanita"
    '85 535i "Goldie"
    '86 535i "M-POSSTR"
    '00 328i "Fern"
    '03 530i "Titan"

My Cars
    2001 BMW 330ci

tranny issue

i just purchased an 01 330ci for my wife and had no problems other than a couple of cel codes for lean bank . I wqas driving on the freeway the other day and there was a clunk and the light next to drive came on looking like a gear . I reset the light with turning off key and it went off drives fine for a couple days amnd then it did it again , only at higheer speeds can this be a issue that can be corrected or am i screwed and need a new tranny

My Cars
    2001 325Ci
    Most likely need a new tranny. Like a 5 speed swap.
    Now they dropping and yelling, it's a tad too late, Nate K and Rayzah Blade had to regulate.
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even thank her." ~W.C. Fields
    Two tone leather boots, CF B&R emblems, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED sidemarkers, CF interior layout, Suwoo highbeam bowls
    Rooted Droid2 running stock overclocked to 600 MHz

My Cars
    Touring, and a few more
    Why would you not have an owners manual. They come with the car. If you bought yours used, you can download one, or you can order one from the dealer. There is no excuse for not having one.
    In God we trust. Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them.

My Cars
    206 BMW

rob bmw transmission adaptation reset

Quote Originally Posted by aliraad04 View Post
    Hello everyone,

This is my first time I post a thread on the Bimmerforums and hopefully you can help me please.

Left home and started the car and drove it for 4 mins then stopped for a red traffic light, suddenly a circle with edges (round it all) with an exclamation mark inside came on (the gear was on D), started to drive, the car was so going slow and took long time to gain speed.

I've attached a picture of the warning light below.

http://img819.imageshack.us/f/040420112038.jpg/

Please I need your help on this as quick as possible. I need to know what the light is and reason for that. Your help is much appreciated.
    ok do this put your key in the car dont push the button when the light comes on hold down the gas Pedal for 30 seconds you might here a pop or something then start her up the nomal way I was Thought this by a BMW repair Guy it reset the computer here is a site were a guy explain it hope it work for you it did for me!https://youtu.be/sQzeo-5bqMc bmw transmission adaptation reset

My Cars
    206 BMW
    ok do this put your key in the car dont push the button when the light comes on hold down the gas Pedal for 30 seconds you might here a pop or something then start her up the nomal way I was Thought this by a BMW repair Guy it reset the computer here is a site were a guy explain it hope it work for you it did for me! https://youtu.be/sQzeo-5bqMc bmw its called transmission adaptation reset

My Cars
    206 BMW
    ok do this put your key in the car dont push the button when the light comes don't try to start the car yet only hold down the gas Pedal for 30 seconds you might here a pop or something then start her up the nomal way I was Thought this by a BMW repair Guy it reset the computer here is a site were a guy explain it hope it work for you it did for me!https://youtu.be/sQzeo-5bqMc bmw transmission adaptation reset

My Cars
    EXOTICS
    You do realize this thread has been dead for over 7 Years?