Thread: Weird headlight problem

I've got Ellipsoids in my car and my driver's side headlights are noticeably dimmer than the passenger side. When I look at it from within the car and from the outside looking directly at it, the driver's side is definitely dimmer and it's not because one's tilted higher than the other. This happens regardless if I use the factory bulbs or my fake Xenon bulbs. My lights have always been misaimed until recently so I'm not sure if it has been like this for awhile. Any ideas?
    01 LSB M3, E36 M3

My Cars
    E39 M5

Exclamation Swap bulbs

Originally posted by Zippy M3
    I've got Ellipsoids in my car and my driver's side headlights are noticeably dimmer than the passenger side. When I look at it from within the car and from the outside looking directly at it, the driver's side is definitely dimmer and it's not because one's tilted higher than the other. This happens regardless if I use the factory bulbs or my fake Xenon bulbs. My lights have always been misaimed until recently so I'm not sure if it has been like this for awhile. Any ideas?
    Hey Zippy,

Swap bulbs, examine each bulb carefully. Don't handle the bulbs. Clean each bulb with alcohol and a soft cotton cloth and don't drink the alcohol.

If the situation is still the same Check the inside of the headlight for debris and cleanliness. Bend over to look and shine a flashlight or bright light in there

If the situation is still the same, ask someone else to look. If both headlights look the same. Mebbe one of u eyes are peculiar? :p
    Last edited by BAADDOG; 03-26-2001 at 03:35 PM.