Thread: Oil leak...help

My Cars
    2000 328i

Oil leak...help

I just noticed yesterday that my 2000 328i seems to be leaking a little bit of oil....maybe just a 1/4 teaspoon or less per day but still i'm a little concerned about it. It's hard to explain where it's coming from. It seems to be about 2.5 feet back from the bumper and maybe a foot or so from the front right tire. There seems to be a round gap on the left of the car and a gap on the right (sorry hard to explain) and it looks like there's some fluid dripping from one of the gaps (because it looks wet). Anyone have any ideas on this? Is it the oil pan or something? My car only has 47,000 miles and is taken very good care of, so i'm baffled that it's leaking. And I haven't had an oil change in a few months so that isn't the cause. Any ideas/advice will be greatly appreciated.

My Cars
    Wuper Tuper Fuper
    Hard to say without pics. Your best bet is to add UV dye to your engine oil (about $20 from pep boys) and then this way, you'll be able to pinpoint the location of the oil leak. If its minute, it sounds like a gasket ...

My Cars
    --
    I'm relatively new to bimmers, but on my old Altima, I had a very minute oil leak caused by a faulty sending unit... don't know enough about BMWs yet to say whether or not this could be your issue.

Good luck.
    <font face="arial">J</font><font color="#6666CC"><small><small><b>X</b></small></small></font><font face="arial">2</font><br/>
    Quote Originally Posted by Snarcher!
    look how tall it is, its like trying to drive a carton of milk, get a porche idiot