My driver's seat would recline but it wouldn't come back forward. I've been putting this job off for a little over a year. I was intimidate by the job. Now, the time came when I needed to change my headliner, in order to get the headliner out of the car you need to recline the seats. So.....you can see where this is going.

I ordered the part from www.odometergear.com. The $44 hurt, but I didn't have any other choice.

Removing the seat is EXTREMELY easy, 2 bolts and 2 nuts, that's it. I expected the seats to be heavier after reading all of the DIY's. They really aren't that bad. Make sure to unhook the battery, which I did. Otherwise the SRS light will stay illuminated after you unplug the SRS connection.

Removing the motors/transmission plate was cake. I didn't have a flexible torx driver but one would have made the job faster. I ended up using allen wrenches to get to the hard-to-reach screws on one of the motors and on the transmission plate. Patience is the name of the game when removing the screws that are hard to reach. Be careful not to strip them.

My plastic gear was broken and spinning freely on the worm gear shaft. I checked for plastic pieces in the gear box but couldn't find any. After inspecting the gear closely I realized it was just cracked/split and not broken into tiny pieces.

The plastic gear was tough to get onto the worm gear shaft. I don't have a vise so I used the 5mm socket as stated in the www.odometergear.com instructions. It's tapered so use caution as to which end you place on the shaft. I carefully pounded the end of the shaft with a rubber mallet to get the gear onto the shaft just enough to put the circlip back in place.

I put everything back in place in the reverse order and crossed my fingers.

Now my seat works perfectly again! I couldn't be happier. Now I can takle the headliner/pillars/rear parcel shelf.

Overall, it was simple. I wish I would have done it sooner.