Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WINKFP can't find my ZUSB

My Cars
    e90 alpina
    Hi TerraPhantm, I have the same issue as the OP but the difference with me is i cant find the CAS module within WinFKP. I encountered an unusual problem using SSS V32 Progman. I will give you all the details and steps of what happened if i can remember. And i am in desperate need of help. I have the INPA, DISV57, SSS V32 Progman, NCSExpert, NCSDummy, WinFKP software. Where i am with these is below:

INPA: Dont really know how to use
    DISV57: Can Diagnose and Run Test Schedules etc.
    SSS V32 Progman: I know it needs more than 12 volts to operate, car in ignition. Done the DSC Module registration, which has caused this issue.
    NCSExpert: Havent touched it at all
    NCS Dummy: Never used it before
    Winfkp: I have used it but no luck in achieving what i am trying to achieve.

So that is where i am with these tools, so if you do help me, you will have a clearer picture as to what i will and wont know.

This is what happened:

Car: BMW Alpina D3 2006 Manual 6 speed
    Job: Replace DSC Module, not the unit

What I Did:

I opened up SSS V32 Progman, and connected it to the car. New Session, Selected 3 Series, E90.
    Next i clicked on Load SW, and then just ticked the DSC modulel, and continue. It then started a measuring plan, it including various units which i didn't select at all. I saw the CAS, KOMBI, IHKA, DME/DDE and DSC.
    So i just went ahead and pressed continue, continue. The whole process took an hour to finish.
    After it finished, the lights on the Climate Control began flashing, The turn signal arrows on the Cluster began flashing fast simultaneously, not in sync. But no turn signal flashing outside the car.

So currently this is the issue:

-Nothing lights up on the dash, when the ignition is turned on
    -No Mileage display, that is all blank
    -The climate control unit, lights on the button are flashing continuously
    -The turn signal arrows still flashing simultaneously
    -Car starts up and drives, no speedo, no rev counter, no light on the instrument cluster, heating dont work, neither do the turn signals.

My Troubleshooting:

Someone told me that it is the CAS. And I had to take the CAS module out to read the number and enter that within winfkp, after i press "Enter ZUSB". When i enter the part number 6981416, Winfkp cant find this part in the assembly line. So i am stuck here. And I am in need of some help please.

If i can just load up the default settings as it came out the factory, that will be more than enough.

I am not too sure if the CAS would cause the Dashboard, speedo, rev counter, and the display to stop completely. And it dont make sense why the Climate Control Buttions are flashing and no display.

Thanks In Advance.

My Cars
    e90 alpina
    Hi TerraPhantm, I have the same issue as the OP but the difference with me is i cant find the CAS module within WinFKP. I encountered an unusual problem using SSS V32 Progman. I will give you all the details and steps of what happened if i can remember. And i am in desperate need of help. I have the INPA, DISV57, SSS V32 Progman, NCSExpert, NCSDummy, WinFKP software. Where i am with these is below:

INPA: Dont really know how to use
    DISV57: Can Diagnose and Run Test Schedules etc.
    SSS V32 Progman: I know it needs more than 12 volts to operate, car in ignition. Done the DSC Module registration, which has caused this issue.
    NCSExpert: Havent touched it at all
    NCS Dummy: Never used it before
    Winfkp: I have used it but no luck in achieving what i am trying to achieve.

So that is where i am with these tools, so if you do help me, you will have a clearer picture as to what i will and wont know.

This is what happened:

Car: BMW Alpina D3 2006 Manual 6 speed
    Job: Replace DSC Module, not the unit

What I Did:

I opened up SSS V32 Progman, and connected it to the car. New Session, Selected 3 Series, E90.
    Next i clicked on Load SW, and then just ticked the DSC modulel, and continue. It then started a measuring plan, it including various units which i didn't select at all. I saw the CAS, KOMBI, IHKA, DME/DDE and DSC.
    So i just went ahead and pressed continue, continue. The whole process took an hour to finish.
    After it finished, the lights on the Climate Control began flashing, The turn signal arrows on the Cluster began flashing fast simultaneously, not in sync. But no turn signal flashing outside the car.

So currently this is the issue:

-Nothing lights up on the dash, when the ignition is turned on
    -No Mileage display, that is all blank
    -The climate control unit, lights on the button are flashing continuously
    -The turn signal arrows still flashing simultaneously
    -Car starts up and drives, no speedo, no rev counter, no light on the instrument cluster, heating dont work, neither do the turn signals.

My Troubleshooting:

Someone told me that it is the CAS. And I had to take the CAS module out to read the number and enter that within winfkp, after i press "Enter ZUSB". When i enter the part number 6981416, Winfkp cant find this part in the assembly line. So i am stuck here. And I am in need of some help please.

If i can just load up the default settings as it came out the factory, that will be more than enough.

I am not too sure if the CAS would cause the Dashboard, speedo, rev counter, and the display to stop completely. And it dont make sense why the Climate Control Buttions are flashing and no display.

Thanks In Advance.

My Cars
    BMW 850 and E55 AMG
    I think it's down to a problem coding or programming in the dash.

The flashing indicators is normal during programming, I've even got a little vid clip of another Alpina doing to same thing when it is being updated.
    I don't think the CAS is related from the symptoms, I would try to scan the complete car and look for faults.

Giftschrank Projekt

My Cars
    x3
    Hi,
    can someone help me. I downloaded sp datten 2.53.3. I wan't to update my dde604 7808125 module indentified in inpa. I cn't find it in winkfp. I try to updated sg daten but I still can't see that module :S

Can someone help me please with that?

Thanks

ur looking for the wrong number ... 7808125 is hw-number of ur DME ... u need to look for the zusb-nr to check if there is newer sw available ..

My Cars
    BMW 850 and E55 AMG
    Just update it by following this guide-

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...or-programming

You don;t need to select an update, winkfp will find the correct one.

If you program it with what it already has, it isn't going to be an update.

Giftschrank Projekt

My Cars
    e91 330xd
    Quote Originally Posted by TerraPhantm View Post
    Just select the MSD43 as the ECU-family and then let it determine the software you've currently got and what the latest available is.

Also make sure the E46 folder was the last one you picked when you imported all the assembly line data. (If it wasn't, copy over the gdaten folder from the E46 data folder to the WinKFP data folder). BMW stupidly made it so that WinKFP will only show the possible ECUs for a single chasis type. I've been working on creating a one-size-fits-all gdaten folder, but that's going to take me a while.

Oh and if you decide to update your DME, make sure you have "fast baudrate" unchecked. It does not work with the older cars. I found that out the hard way (my M3 had a DME with no software for a couple hours until I figured out the old cars don't like the fast baudrate option)
    Hey Terrapharm,
    After so many years and stupid import methodology, is there any new workaround for multiple chassis, multiple versions and gdatens? Which one of them prevails?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12