Thread: Fun day at the NCC Autox in Waldorf MD. (Pic Heavy)

Mscire2 is offline That one RS'd Coupe BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    02 ///M Coupe, E39, E36

Fun day at the NCC Autox in Waldorf MD. (Pic Heavy)

Had a great time yesterday at the NCC Autox in Waldorf MD. Was a great day with perfect weather. Brought my Dad and a good friend out in an attempt to get them both hooked on autox as neither of them have ever gone to one. I think it was a success. Here are a few pictures that my dad and I shot during the day in no real particular order. Hope you enjoy.

My ugly mug and my coupe

The FI Tool Mr. Thayer

Nah thats not an excessive slip angle at all...

The Fikse Twins!

My buddy Collin enjoying riding shotgun. This was his first autox he has attended so he had a good bit of fun.

Jonathans Coupe decided it wanted to fan delete itself by way of raping a poor innocent coolant hose. Only 1 bade remained...

Seems me and Jonathan are not the only ones who love Fikse's...

Collin on his first autox run ever with Jonathan instructing.

GT3 came out to play.

Very nice Carrera

My dad also on his very first autox run with Woody instructing. (Thanks again Woody for show my dad the ropes) Think we may have got him hooked!

Jonathan hopping in after Woody for a little more in car coaching.

Jonathan beating on the Roadster a bit.

My Cars
    02 ///M Coupe, E39, E36
    Woody in his Estoril M Coupe

Joe in his M Roady

And one shot Jonathan's wife Katie got of me 3 wheeling in my coupe.
    Last edited by Mscire2; 03-20-2011 at 01:46 PM.

My Cars
    Shoes
    awesome pics!

My Cars
    Z3M, X5M
    Great Z turnout...thanks for sharing! Looks like fun and makes me miss my M even more. I hope to bring mine out of hibernation next weekend.
    -Phil

My Cars
    Z3 3.0 Coupe & TDI Daily
    I am definitely hooked! Thanks for letting me ride along in the AM to show me the course, I couldn't have asked for a better first Autocross experience! Also, Jonathan's instructions were very helpful "Apply throttle, continue to apply throttle, more throttle, consider lifting for a moment, but continue to stay in it" lol
    Last edited by CPSmith; 03-20-2011 at 02:08 PM.

My Cars
    PY Mcoupe
    Looks like a great time.

Also the rims look amazing
    Last edited by supremesole; 03-20-2011 at 02:09 PM.
    My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. -- Jack Layton

My Cars
    02 ///M Coupe, E39, E36
    Quote Originally Posted by Z-Thrizzle View Post
    Great Z turnout...thanks for sharing! Looks like fun and makes me miss my M even more. I hope to bring mine out of hibernation next weekend.
    Get it out and start driving! There were actually a few other Z's out including Mdorphin. I just didnt manage to get shots of them since I was running in the same heat and my dad was shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSmith View Post
    I am definitely hooked! Thanks for letting me ride along in the AM to show me the course, I couldn't have asked for a better first Autocross experience! Also, Jonathan's instructions were very helpful "Apply throttle, continue to apply throttle, more throttle, consider lifting for a moment, but continue to stay in it" lol
    Glad you had a good time Collin. Time to get some decent tires now for the miata. Lol @ Jonathans instructions... wait...wtf do you mean this is floored wheres the boost?!?!

My Cars
    Z3 3.0 Coupe & TDI Daily
    Quote Originally Posted by Mscire2 View Post
    Glad you had a good time Collin. Time to get some decent tires now for the miata. Lol @ Jonathans instructions... wait...wtf do you mean this is floored wheres the boost?!?!
    I think I'm gonna run my current tires until they are bald, then go for the Star Specs. That's probably exactly what Jonathan was saying in your dad's roady haha.

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster

My Cars
    02 ///M Coupe, E39, E36
    Thanks Joe. I missed your finish spin on your first run.

My Cars
    M3, Miata, 240z
    Jonathan, nice to have met you and thanks for the ride, it was nice. Your Coupe definately has some snort to it !!! Too bad you had a few problems with your fan, as my son would have liked to go for a ride also. Maybe another time.

Joe, nice to have met you also.

Woody.... didn't get to met you.... maybe another time. We had to leave earlier than planned.

My Cars
    1997 BMW z3 1.9 DASC
    I love it! Nice cars and I bet you had a great time. The first autox of the season that is in range for me is tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSmith View Post
    Jonathan's instructions were very helpful "Apply throttle, continue to apply throttle, more throttle, consider lifting for a moment, but continue to stay in it" lol