Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BMW Scanner 1.4.0 on Win 7 64 bit

My Cars
    '00 328i
    Help! I was following the steps in post #7 and when I had to install the ftdi driver I got blue screen of death

My Cars
    BMW 850 and E55 AMG
    Just try it again, it might be a one off glitch.

Giftschrank Projekt

My Cars
    '00 328i
    It has been constantly doing that every time I try to do a clean install

My Cars
    BMW 850 and E55 AMG
    http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

See if that can direct you to the problem.

Giftschrank Projekt

My Cars
    '00 328i
    Okay, I downloaded it and configured Windows to create MiniDump files on BSOD. I am back at school however and do not have the car or scanner on me. When I return back home in a couple weeks I will holler back

My Cars
    '00 328i
    So, I actually got it to work on my Windows XP laptop. I think soldering pins 1+2 is what did it

My Cars
    1999 4runner limited

where do i find the drivers for Win 7

can you share the link to the Win 7 drivers? would like to program in the alarm items to my 325i. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cal1319 View Post
    I got this to work on two of my 64bit window 7 machines, if you need help getting it to work let me know
    Cheers!

My Cars
    02 M3/ 07 750Li
    I had the same issues with the Hardware Faulty error. Remove all of your installations...drivers etc. Reinstall. When doing the cable drivers have the cable plugged in to the car so that the cable gets power from the car. (I had my ignition on). It worked perfectly after that. So in short.....when doing the drivers try having the cable plugged into your car.

-Steve

My Cars
    BMW 325i 2001
    has anyone downloaded the drivers form http://www.ftdichip.com/FTDrivers.htm
    and got it working on windows 10?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by svre46 View Post
    I had the same issues with the Hardware Faulty error. Remove all of your installations...drivers etc. Reinstall. When doing the cable drivers have the cable plugged in to the car so that the cable gets power from the car. (I had my ignition on). It worked perfectly after that. So in short.....when doing the drivers try having the cable plugged into your car.

-Steve
    Plugged in to the OBD2 in dash?

Or the 20 pin under the hood?

I am yet to find this 20 pin connection.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok Working on Windows 10!

ok so the write up on post#7 for an install on windows 7 works almost the same as windows 10.

You will need these drivers

http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm

Now do as described on post #7.......

Except one major thing!

PLUG THE UNIT IN TO THE OBD2, AND MAKE SURE IGN IS ON!

Who ever said to turn the key on was a genius because NONE of anything worked with the key off.

Now you may still get a lot or errors, saying device it not working or installed.
    But plug it in and turn the key on and click on the .exe file and it should find the device.

Now. I'm off to read on how to actually use PA SOFT 1.4
    anyone got a good link for that?

My Cars
    E39 530i Touring, Z3 3.0
    Sorry for digging this thread out again but I dont get it working.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal1319 View Post
    sure! what is your OS? 32 or 64bit?

here is what I did to get it to work on my car and computer....

So the first thing is to download this driver:
    http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/..._Certified.zip

then extract it, I like using 7zip never have a problem with it.

Next you have to go to device manager:
    1. Click start button, right click on computer and hit manage. (Sorry if you already know how to do this, just going step by step in case you dont)

2. Click on Device manager and scroll to Universal Serial Bus controller.

This is the weird part, I did it on two computes, for one of the computers this next step caused on of my usb ports to stop working, so its a gamble, however on my other computer nothing weird happened.

3. Next chose one of the USB Root Hubs and right click and then Update driver.

4. Then browse my computer for driver software

5. Choose let me pick from a list of device drivers

6. Then chose "Have Disk"

7. Browse to where you extracted the above file and select ftdibus and hit ok.

8. From the list I choose usb serial convert A and click install

9. Just click ok through all the prompts win7 throws your way.

10. Turn off your internet, then plug BMW scanner into car and then into computer. Win7 will say it cant install device

11. Go back to device manger and find BMWscanner that should have a yellow ! next to it. Right click, update driver and install the same driver you did for the first usb hub. It might error out. Open up BMWScanner software and it should know show up that drivers installed and connected to car!

If you need any help just let me know, hope it works for you too!
    I get a bluescreen after step 9. Cable plugged into car and computer. Ignition on.

When I want to install the FTDI drivers for the bmw scanner listed in device manager it also doesnt work.
    Last edited by Sebastian46; 11-02-2016 at 01:54 PM.

My Cars
    2002 BMW e46 316ti
    Hello,
    Im Tobi from Germany
    I have a problem with the Driver installation
    BMW Scanner Driver Sucesfull, but i havent the USB PORT Driver,
    And i Dont undersand
    "From the list I choose usb serial convert A and click install"
    can you Help me ?
    Thanks !
    Have a Nice Day

My Cars
    E39 530i Touring, Z3 3.0
    Worked fine now for me with a new Windows 7 x64 installation.

My Cars
    E46 325ci
    so i tried to instal it, and i it recognizes bmw scanner in configurations. however bmw scanner does not recognize it see picture... what have i done wrong?Naamloos.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

so i got this working this after noon now on to get inpa for e46 running on windows 7

My Cars
    x3

Thumbs up 9-2017 bmw Scanner 1.4.0 install

Quote Originally Posted by kneescrap View Post
    Hello guys.

I have ordered a interface for the BMW scanner 1.4.0 from china. But it seems that the drivers are just compatible with 32 bit OS. Have someone got this working on win 7 64 bit ? and tell me how ?
    Is it possible to maybe install it on a VM ? but how to do that ? :/
    Ok just bought one of those ebay bmw scanner version 1.4.0 with mini disk, the tablet i installed on is a 64bit running windows 7 pro. (it has no disk drive so i retrieved the bmw-scanner-1.4.0-v-never-locking_1 & CDM21228_Setup from PA Soft website)

first i installed bmw-scanner-1.4.0-v-never-locking_1 and ran it it gave the error drivers not installed

second i installed CDM21228_Setup and ran it, it gave two green lights saying installed

(ran the first program again and got no drivers error)

(followed the install manual install tips and downloaded folder came with windows me and xp installer NOR WIN 7)

so i was stuck like most of you for a minute, until i tried this, which i hope works for all of you out there trying to get this thing working

go into the folder (or run the app and click manual install and it opens the folder) CDM v2.12.28 WHQL Certified
    [right click mouse/press and hold touch screen]
    select open with...
    select browse
    select c drive (you should see folder {BMWScan140} select it and then select the app)
    the red light should now be green and ready to go

My Cars
    BMW X3
    I got this zip few days ago, try this one:
    http://www.obd2vip.com/download/bmw-...er-locking.zip

thanks to the blog offer this to me:http://blog.eobdtool.co.uk/freedownl...-4-0-software/

My Cars
    2002 BMW 325i Wagon
    I purchased a ~$20 BMW scanner 1.4 and ran into driver install issues. Thought that I would pass along what worked for me.

1. Download the x64 driver for Windows 10 from the following: https://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm
    2. Follow this foreign-language youtube tutorial to learn how to install the drivers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZLhlfDmmog
    3. Plug in the scanner to my computer and then to my laptop and everything worked great after I staterted the .exe file: BMWScan140.exe

My Cars
    2003 330i ZHP
    I did the above^^ but noticed a difference in the foreign language version. When I plug the cable into the laptop (not plugged into the car), it came up with "BMWScanner(!)" in the device manager (just like the video). I downloaded the FTDI driver set and manually told it it was the Serial Bus Converter (it successfully installed just like the video). After doing that, the BMWScanner now identifies as "USB Serial Port" with a (!) for missing driver (just like the video).

The difference is when I select that and point it at the FTDI drivers, I do NOT have a "USB Serial Port" listed as one of the drivers when selecting the ftdibus.inf listing. Does everyone else?

I chose a different USB Serial Bus Convertor instead and it gave me a BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) and rebooted to another BSOD and now I can't get into windows from it. I'm going to make a bootable USB drive and try to do a Restore (windows restore won't work from the advanced recovery boot screen). If that doesn't work, I'll do a fresh windows install.

Any pointers on why the FTDI chipset drivers don't include the USB Serial Port driver like the above video at 2:04s ? Any help would be great.

One of the things that I might have done wrong (and correct me if you know).... I installed the drivers with the cable plugged into the OBD dongle (but not plugged into my car). When I went to try to use it the first time, I unplugged it from my laptop, plugged the cable and OBD port in, ignition on, waited a minute or two, then plugged it into the laptop.

I didn't get a Driver Missing error. The OBD plug actually blinked like it was communicating but I got these messages "Error communicating with IKE" and "Error communicating with LCM". Thinking this was a driver problem, that's when I tried the above and got the BSODs.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

My Cars
    '99 328i, '02 X5, '07 Z4
    Any ideas on how to do this in Windows 10 64 bit? I keep getting the error shown below.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1999 328i, 2002 X5, 2007 Z4.......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12