Thread: E60 530i starts but idrive and all other electronics not working properly

My Cars
    2006 BMW 530i

E60 530i starts but idrive and all other electronics not working properly

Hello all, I really need all the help I can get. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yesterday I finished the "Battery" retrofit program through SSS progman on my E60. I ran the program to register my battery onto the system. I changed the battery setting from a 110Ah Lead-Acid Battery to a 90 AH Lead-Acid Battery. While running the retrofit program, I noticed that my iDrive screen went to the BMW start up splash screen that comes up when the car is first started. I didn't think anything of it and figured it was the car being programmed. However, after completing the process, I tried pushing my driver seat forward and it wasn't working. I also tried locking the doors and the locks weren't working. I also tried turning on the car and it wasn't turning on. I disconnected the battery momentarily and connected it back up and tried to turn the car on again. This time, the car turned on, but, it seemed to struggle to turn on. My instrument cluster was on but the RPM gauge wasn't working and the small screen on the instrument cluster that indicates the mileage, current gear, etc. wasn't indicating what gear I was on (i.e. Parking, Drive, Neutral, etc.). My seats, door locks and RPM gauge aren't working and the iDrive turns on but stays on the BMW start up screen. I tried connecting to the Vehicle again with Progman and DIS and INPA with no success. It can no longer communicate with the vehicle. I am hoping that this is being caused by the Micro Power Module (MPM) that may have gone bad during the programming. But...I'm not 100% certain that this is the case. The car continues to turn on fine and the headlights and tail lights work. However, I do notice that when I turn off the car the tail lights stay on and the auto turn off function for the headlights doesn't work. I have to manually set the light switch to the "Off" position.

Any input would be greatly appreciated guys. I have obtained lots of useful information from here before and I'm hoping anyone can help me out with this issue. Thanks in advance guys.

bump...help anyone?...
    Last edited by cmunoz323; 03-15-2011 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    2006 BMW 530i
    Anyone?