Thread: BMW Select Financing

My Cars
    M3

BMW Select Financing

I just found this forum today and it looks like there is a TON of info here! Question for those who have recently purchased a new BMW on the Select Financing program: Were you required to show proof of income? I have great credit, but due to business expansion my tax returns for 2010 are not impressive - lots of expenses! Just wondering what the recent experiences have been. A couple people I know did not get asked for any income proof...but just curious as to how others have faired recently. Thanks!!

My Cars
    E21,E38,E39,F10 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by southbeach View Post
    I just found this forum today and it looks like there is a TON of info here! Question for those who have recently purchased a new BMW on the Select Financing program: Were you required to show proof of income? I have great credit, but due to business expansion my tax returns for 2010 are not impressive - lots of expenses! Just wondering what the recent experiences have been. A couple people I know did not get asked for any income proof...but just curious as to how others have faired recently. Thanks!!
    I dont think BMW Select Finance is based on your income, it works something more like this example:

Common Information
    Total Price 62,925.00
    Total Fees 611.00
    Total Taxes 4,444.58
    Amount Financed 67,980.58
    0 Down, 0 Trade
    60 Months @ 3.9%

Finance
    Finance Charge 7,075.22
    Total of Payments 75,055.80
    Payment 1,250.93

BMW Select
    Finance Charge 9,191.67
    Total of Payments 77,172.25
    Payment 905.75
    Final Payment 23,733.00

To sum it up, it basically gives you FINANCING of the car, with LEASE payments amounts, and a BALLOON payment at the end, option to pay in full or re-finance. Hope this helps... anyone with better details please correct me if I'm wrong

Stancing is for drivers trapped in an abusive relationship of their own lives.

My Cars
    E46, S2000
    I've had to show pay stubs for every car I've every purchased.

Forum Rules___Info for New Members___Teen Driving School in So Cal
    "It's the internet by my rules."--Kevlar

My Cars
    E21,E38,E39,F10 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverBeam View Post
    I didn't,.. not for M3 when I leased, and not for my 540 when I financed. Maybe its a per-state law to provide proof of income?

Stancing is for drivers trapped in an abusive relationship of their own lives.

My Cars
    BRZ, S2000
    Really? That's weird. I've never once had to do that.

My Cars
    E46, S2000
    Yep every time, even when I already had an auto loan with the bank and they pre-approved me for 10K more than I was asking to borrow. With what has happened over the past three years, they should ask for proof of income, way too many people lied about what they made to buy things they couldn't afford. Not saying that is what you are doing OP.

Forum Rules___Info for New Members___Teen Driving School in So Cal
    "It's the internet by my rules."--Kevlar

My Cars
    2007 BMW 328i Coupe
    I never have had to. For cars or motorcycles. The only time was for the home loan.
    The Commute: 07 BMW 328i Coupe
    The Backroads/Track: 07 Ducati 1098S

My Cars
    2007 BMW 328i Coupe
    Yep every time, even when I already had an auto loan with the bank and they pre-approved me for 10K more than I was asking to borrow. With what has happened over the past three years, they should ask for proof of income, way too many people lied about what they made to buy things they couldn't afford. Not saying that is what you are doing OP.
    If someone is going to lie about their income, and they want a loan bad enough, they could certainly lie/fake a pay stub. A simple word document converted to PDF...done.

The lender could call the employer to verify, in which case the employer would most likely refuse to give up that info based on privacy rights.

The dealer gets credit for the loan/sale, and probably doesn't take a hit if the loan defaults, so they probably are cool to just take your word for it with regards to income. Obviously they pull your credit, and if your DTI is good based on the income you provided and your score meets the required standard....they are good with it. If the loan defaults, well that's BMW financial's problem I'm assuming.
    The Commute: 07 BMW 328i Coupe
    The Backroads/Track: 07 Ducati 1098S

My Cars
    2011 328i "M"pckg
    pretty much a credit app, a score check and voila'. If your over 700 at least you should get a car and a decent rate.

My Cars
    2011 328i "M"pckg

What he said