Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122

Thread: BMW E36 MFSW retrofit pictoral DIY

dancerst is offline life is a dance... BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E36 SC,E31 840ci,740iL
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyDrive View Post
    I installed the CC from scratch. I did not have any cruise control on the car previously. Every part of the cruise control is from 08/97 e39 junkyard car.
    And again, everything else works except diagnostic communication.

Just to be sure, try to run 1 wire from module to diagnostic socket and see if this will help.

- - - Updated - - -

I installed the CC from scratch. I did not have any cruise control on the car previously. Every part of the cruise control is from 08/97 e39 junkyard car.
    And again, everything else works except diagnostic communication.
    also post pictures on your CCM connector so we can check wiring.

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Hey!

....The buttons and cruise control work flawlessy as they should be. Steering wheel is with I/O button and without MF module....
    Weird, you told me your I/O button is not putting the module in the standby modus. So it already is working.
    1998 BMW M3 3.2 Cabrio • Alpinweiί III on Schwarz • German spec • 1 of 12
    SMG • SRA • PDC • AUC • OBC • GSM • HK • UURS • IHKA • FGR • MFL

IG:
    https://www.instagram.com/iflok/

My Cars
    1986 BMW e30 Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by MParallel View Post
    Weird, you told me your I/O button is not putting the module in the standby modus. So it already is working.
    Yeah! I told you this aswell in PMs, it started working after I triple checked every connection without changing anything. Maybe a connector was not fully seated the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by dancerst View Post
    Just to be sure, try to run 1 wire from module to diagnostic socket and see if this will help.
    Did not work. Tried both pin 17 and pin 20 on the diagnostic connector. Both times with cruise control armed and disarmed.
    INPA gives an error: SYS-0002: ECU OBJECT FILE NOT FOUND. Program will be stopped! Notice: Rover cruise control must be turned ON for diagnosis.
    After reading what I just wrote, I realized that it's computer software issue and I will look into it. I am so used to "No communication from the module" error on INPA that I did not read through it fully and thought it was wiring issue.
    I will still post this in case someone encounters the same issue.

My Cars
    1986 BMW e30 Sedan
    OK so it seems that moderators have to approve my posts from my computer so they take time to appear.

I was missing some files from the folders!
    I found fgr2_5.prg for EDIABAS/ECU folder which gave me access to the module via INPA!
    I still however do not access it with NCS EXPERT. I have the correct DATEN files (fgr2.c05), however I feel like I am missing a correct IPO file from NCSEXPERT/SGDAT folder.
    I have regular A_FGR2.IPO there, maybe I need A_FGR2_5.IPO? I dont have the file on my other computer so I wouldn't know.
    Would be greatly appreciated if someone could check necessary files and maybe send it to me.

Thanks.

Edit:
    I had to edit the ZCS. Now NCS expert recognizes the CC module.
    Now got a fully coded and working cruise control retrofitted off a E39 08/97 with module HW07 and SW04.

Thanks for everyone helping and this thread!
    Last edited by SkyDrive; 12-23-2020 at 06:31 AM.

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Just some random bit of info. So I think most of us wondered why BMW never offered the MFSW on the E36, as BMW had all the parts and could have easily put it in the E36. Maybe it was marketing and they wnated to use it to make the E46 feel more of an upgrade.

Either way, I only recently found out about some electric prototype cars and among them, there is an E36 variant. Long story short, here is a pic of its interior.

Well pinch me once, pinch me twice...a 'factory' BMW E36 with MFSW (and the heated E38 one as well!). And what do I notice as well? E46 lightswitch and E46 (E38/E39) steering column stalks. (which I know some have retrofitted).

Just when I thought I was the first one to have fitted an E38 heated MFSW in an E36, BMW beat me to it by 20 years

Full article: https://www.bimmertoday.de/2012/12/1...ni-e-electric/

1998 BMW M3 3.2 Cabrio • Alpinweiί III on Schwarz • German spec • 1 of 12
    SMG • SRA • PDC • AUC • OBC • GSM • HK • UURS • IHKA • FGR • MFL

IG:
    https://www.instagram.com/iflok/

My Cars
    e36 Compot
    Hi All,
    Have not been able to find the answer to my question anywhere, so I'll appreciate if someone would point me to the right direction.

I put CC (8 369 062 HW:05 SW:03) on my e36 along with the steering wheel and connected the box to all needed signals -- RPM, Speed (from the cluster), actuator, etc.
    Connected a separate activation button for now to the pin 22, haven't connected the steering wheel signals yet.

By pressing the activation button (pin 22 to ground) LED (between the pin 25 and +12) goes on and off. When I leave it on (without pressing the button again to turn it off), it stays lit up and then goes off by itself in a few seconds. It won't get lit up again without resetting the power (turning the key off and on again).

Also, the controller starts spinning the actuator motor constantly without latching the solenoid just when I turn the key on.
    Have tried to activate it going on speed 60 kmh (40 mph) and nothing - no output to solenoid.

When I disassembled it and connected to the power just on my table, I notice that the motor driver (TA8050P) and TUSB-853 chip is getting slightly warm. The solenoid switch BTS-410F is also getting a little warm, but no output from it, as well as no input signal on its pin 2. Was trying to simulate the RPM and Speed signals with Arduino as well, nothing.

I'm not trying to fix it, but just to understand either if it works or I need to get another one. Also I'm just curious about its logic.

Any help is appreciated!
    Last edited by bumer36; 03-24-2021 at 06:29 AM.

My Cars
    1998 BMW Z3
    Hi All

Hoping someone on this thread who has completed the install is still around and can offer some advice as I start on this mod...

I have a 1998 Z3 2.8 (M52B28) and I have just completed the stock cruise control retrofit successfully. I wanted to go this route, so that I knew everything worked before I tried to change from the stalk to steering wheel controls.

This is the wheel I have. It is already wired in, lighting up and audio controls are working perfectly.

IMG_0137.jpg

I now need to change the Cruise Control ECU box... I have from my local scrap yard (who are legends in supplying me all the parts to test with) a HW06 SW03 E39 box as this was the latest version they had. As my Z3 already has the blue connector, I tried plugging this ECU in to see if it would work with the existing setup which it does not. I don't know if I need the separate ON switch for this box as it does not have a date code or if it needs pins changed around like a normal E36 with the white connector.

What I am wanting to know is, if I get the correct HW08 SW04 ECU box...

1. Do I need to re-pin as per the first page of this post (note my colours and existing pin usage don't match the E36's)
    2. Will the existing steering column stalk work with the HW08 SW04 ECU box?
    3. If yes to Number 2, do I need to remove the steering column stalk for the steering wheel buttons to work or can they both work together?
    4. Is there anything else that needs to be done?

Then lastly... I am wanting to use the automatic gearbox warning light to indicated that cruise control is active. Does anyone know what pin, I should be connecting to for this light?

IMG_0275.jpg

Thanks in advance

My Cars
    2001 540i
    I have a question. I am removing the MFL connections. I only connected the radio (no cruise) How do I remove the pin from the connection that feeds into the actual slipring?

https://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k...l/100_9717.jpg

or

is it enough to leave the pins there and just untap the splice (ground and power) from the other end?

I dont want a parasitic draw.

I think the best thing is to remove the connection from both ends.

Much cleaner!

Javier
    Last edited by Javier H; 11-16-2021 at 12:42 PM.

My Cars
    2001 540i
    Edit. If I cant remove the pin from the connector that plugs INTO the e39 slipring, I'll just replace the E39 slipring with the old E36 slipring. If this the pins that were inserted cant be remove, there is nothing to connect to since the E36 slipring is empty on those slots.

My Cars
    1998 BMW Z3
    It was not an issue to remove them, just needed a pin to release the little catch holding it in place. I needed to change the order to match my cars wiring . On the iBus pin location, my car did not have anything in the corresponding pin in the loom, so I simply inserted a "female pin" into the empty space and wired from there. Hope that helps.. Sorry, you image does not open (permission issue)

My Cars
    2001 540i
    Thanks...the black slider broke a bit but it still fastens. I couldnt tell the orientation of where to slide. As far as the pins are concerned, what you needed to do is push the pins from the side. When installed, it first snaps in, and EACH anchor is visible on the SIDE. Think about that. It looks like a long needle. It makes sense, so push the anchor DOWN to release and pull the wire. It slides out. I used posi locks to tap into the ground and power so removing those were easy. Car is back to stock again! Might have MFL things to sell.
    Last edited by Javier H; 12-21-2021 at 05:02 PM.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122