Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: US Facelift CELIS - NO BALLASTS!!!!

My Cars
    2000 BMW 528iT/5 SC
    Matt,

After installing led tails in my 2000 528iT (build date 7/99) and coding the LCM with the Autologic scan tool, which did not seem to work because the lower brake light is dimly lit and the bulb faults are on on the dash, I went to my friend's shop-he has a GT-1. When he went to the retrofit section of the GT-1 and tried to recode the LCM, the scan tool told him that the module was already recoded. I guess the Autologic did work but I still have the brake light & the dash bulb out warnings on.

Is there something he missed or did not know about? Since I have a LCMIII, do I have to deactivate the hot/cold bulb checks for the rear parking lights separately. I understood, maybe incorrectly, that with a LCMIV once the module was coded, all lights and bulb out warnings functioned correctly.

Thanks,

John
    Last edited by jstern; 02-06-2012 at 05:26 PM.
    Much modified VF Supercharger Kit tuned by Tuning Tech FS, M5 front sports seats, CVV to catch can conversion, Boost Gauge, Schmiedmann header to rear muffler high flow exhaust, Header Ceramic coated inside & out, Exhaust heat wrapped from flanges after header to before CATs, Kicker sub with dedicated 200 watt amp, CCFL angel eyes, CF facelift kidney grills, Quaife LS diff ,Super duty cooling kit, Electric fan controlled by temperature adjustable 2 speed controller (JimLev design)

John

My Cars
    X5 E53 528i E39
    Do anybody Know where could i download the P.A. Soft Bmw Scanner v1.4.0??
    Link any one thanks!!!!!

My Cars
    98 540i6
    John, I'll reply in detail,tomorrow.

Emory,

Did you check the PA soft website?

My Cars
    BMW 530d SE
    I had the same as john anymore info

My Cars
    2004 BMW 325i Touring
    Nice lights make a car look so much nicer however after reading this thread and still new into E39's and no idea how to change the LCM parameters maybe I will just read some more.

1973 Clubman GT * 2008 BMW X1 * 2004 BMW 325i Touring* 2000 Honda S2000 *
    2016 Mazda Mx5 Club Sport

AquilaBMW is offline Mad Bimmerist BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    BMWs / Chevy
    Hi Guys -

I am reviving this thread as it seems to have a lot of information about CELLIS tail light upgrade.

I have an M5 I am parting out and since no one seems interested in the tail lights, I am thinking of installing them on my 1998 E39.

Should I take everything off the M5 including the LCM? Would it work in a MY1998 car? Would I still need a kit like the one from ECS?

Sorry for any redundant questions, I am relatively new to this kind of stuff.

Thanks,

Michael

My Cars
    98 540i6
    You will need the lcm and lights at the very least. I would recommend cutting off the pigtails for the tail light connectors. This saves you from buying the ecs adapters - you will need to solder the new connector into your existing harness.

My Cars
    BMWs / Chevy
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmartindrift View Post
    You will need the lcm and lights at the very least. I would recommend cutting off the pigtails for the tail light connectors. This saves you from buying the ecs adapters - you will need to solder the new connector into your existing harness.
    Thanks! So, replace the LCM in the 1998 and of course take the lights. Will I need the Ballasts as well do you know?

Cheers!

My Cars
    98 540i6
    No ballast needed, you will need to re-code the m5's lcm for your 1998 chassis.

My Cars
    BMWs / Chevy
    And no Ballast either j/k

EDIT: Whoa! Super fast editing there matey! How do I re-code the LCM? I have DIS, SSS and NCS available on a PC. Would any of them work?

My Cars
    E63AMG/Z31/Tacoma/F31
    hmm, good question. If the car is considered a MY1998, then, it's most likely an LCM 2 if it is original. If it's a MY1999, then it's probably an LCM3.

The easy way to check is to look at it or scan it with INPA or other BMW-specific software/hardware tool. To visually check it, you'll need to pull off the right-most (passenger side on LHD cars), lower kick panel. It will be directly behind there. There is a 10mm bolt at the bottom, and a slide-in bracket up top. when you've got it out, if there is an aluminum heat sink hanging out of it, you've got a LCM2, if it's just a black box, you've got an LCM3 or LCM4.
    Good info there. I purchased a Euro Celis set for my touring and will be trying this soon. My car is a 99 so not sure which I have. Does anyone have the part numbers for the LKM3 and 4?

My Cars
    E63AMG/Z31/Tacoma/F31
    Ignore that query. I purchased an LKM4. PN# 61356961141

My Cars
    2000 BMW 528i
    Question for you Matt. PM sent but don't think PM's are working with new site.

I have a 2000 BMW 528i and just bought USA spec Celis Tails for my car. I can get a (LCM III B) out of a 2003 BMW E39 that had the LED Celis tails but no xenon headlights.

I would think this would be the ideal LCM but just wanted your input. Will the LCM out of that car just be plug and play? I know I would need to enter vin and milage but would that be all I need to code? My car is also non xenon but I have the Hella retrofit Headlights. I only have a BMW scanner PA Soft 1.4 to code.

I can also get a LCM IV out of a 2006 X5 but I don't think the 2006 X5 had LED taillights and would require more coding.
    What LCM do you think would work best? All I want to do is be able to stop the LED lights from throwing dash codes and to stop them from flickering. Also would like to stop the angel eyes on my Hella retrofit headlights from flickering.

2000 BMW 528i, 18" Hankook Ventus V12 Evo tires on 18" M Parallel wheels.

My Cars
    E63AMG/Z31/Tacoma/F31
    So I ordered an LKM IV but got a III b instead. Is the III b ideal as well or should I trade it for the IV?

My Cars
    2000 BMW 528i
    I'm not sure yet. Still waiting for my LCM III B to arrive. I know the LCM III B has the LED option but I'm not sure if it can disable cold/hot checks.

2000 BMW 528i, 18" Hankook Ventus V12 Evo tires on 18" M Parallel wheels.

My Cars
    2000 540i
    Bump.

Best place to source a good cable for coding these tail lights?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345