Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: US Facelift CELIS - NO BALLASTS!!!!

My Cars
    98 540i6
    I never received that pop-up notice.

My Cars
    E39 540/6
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmartindrift View Post
    I never received that pop-up notice.
    Me either

My Cars
    2009 C350
    Awesome write up. Would've followed it if I didn't have to get rid of my set. If someone's looking for a complete set, look at my sig.

My Cars
    1998 BMW 540i 6-spd
    Quote Originally Posted by 98 528i View Post
    Me either
    That warning turned out to be not essential, I guess. After I coded the lights and then had DRL turned back on with NCS Expert (coding disabled them), the car would not start anymore... Turned out that with all the experiments I drained the battery and the voltage dropped to 8V and not only the starter would not turn, but other components were failing as well. After I charged the battery overnight, the car started right up. Phew! I thought the coding messed up something that's why I was asking about the warning I've seen.

The issue I'm having now is with fitting. The bottom part where all the banging needs to happen is fine. I shaped it, sanded the damaged paint off, painted it back and happy with the results. But the top part where seemingly no modifications required, I've noticed that the rubber gasket does not seal to the body very well. The two top mounting points seem to be at the right spot, but the surrounding area where the gasket is supposed to be compressed is too far in so that it almost does not compress and as a result does not seal well. I washed the car last weekend and had water leaking into the trunk.

Have any of you had such fitment issues? I guess the only proper way is to raise the gasket area by banging from the inside of the trunk.

My Cars
    98 540i6
    Maybe a new gasket is in order? Is the old one compressed? I didn't have any issues up top. glad you got your coding issues sorted, though.

My Cars
    1998 BMW 540i 6-spd
    Maybe a new gasket is in order? Is the old one compressed? I didn't have any issues up top. glad you got your coding issues sorted, though.
    Brand new pair of lights and gaskets. I'll see if I can snap a picture today.

My Cars
    98 540iA (Prd 11/97)
    My euro Hella Celis has a very small leak on the pasenger side towards the exterior bottom cut out.
    Are you guys hammering from the inside while the lights are still installed?

My Cars
    1998 BMW 540i 6-spd
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesdc4 View Post
    My euro Hella Celis has a very small leak on the pasenger side towards the exterior bottom cut out.
    I first took the lights out and made a template out of cardboard that repeated the footprint of the bottom of the new light. Then I used a small wooden plank that I positioned at the spot where I wanted to move the metal and then did a few short blows on the wood with a smaller sledgehammer, then matched the template and repeated until the template and then the light fit perfectly.

I found that the OEM cutout at the bottom exterior is too large on our cars and I had to slightly pool the gasket to compensate and cover the cut out to ensure a good seal.

My Cars
    98 540i6
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesdc4 View Post

I did a little hammering with the lights installed so could watch to see if the fit changed while hammering (if it did you went too far).

My Cars
    F10 N52
    hey matt,
    awesome and very informative thread. Just one question, can't seem to find which LCM I have. I have a 7/98 production date. Is that LCM 3?

My Cars
    98 540i6
    hmm, good question. If the car is considered a MY1998, then, it's most likely an LCM 2 if it is original. If it's a MY1999, then it's probably an LCM3.

The easy way to check is to look at it or scan it with INPA or other BMW-specific software/hardware tool. To visually check it, you'll need to pull off the right-most (passenger side on LHD cars), lower kick panel. It will be directly behind there. There is a 10mm bolt at the bottom, and a slide-in bracket up top. when you've got it out, if there is an aluminum heat sink hanging out of it, you've got a LCM2, if it's just a black box, you've got an LCM3 or LCM4.

My Cars
    F10 N52
    Thanks very much for the info. Ill check this weekend.

My Cars
    2009 C350
    Can anyone see if they have the "LED taillights" option in PA Soft 1.40? I don't seem to have that on my software.

My Cars
    98 540i6
    Do you have any of the following?

You need to turn off the cold and hot check for the tail lights and set the PWM value to 12v in Hex code (I forget what the hex value for that is).

My Cars
    e46 ///M3 vert
    good thread ! will have to try this
    2001 BMW M3 - Black/Black

My Cars
    2009 C350
    Do you have any of the following?

You need to turn off the cold and hot check for the tail lights and set the PWM value to 12v in Hex code (I forget what the hex value for that is).
    I do, thank you. Now for the PWM value I'm guessing you mean set it to 12 in hex as I think the PWM value is already expecting the value in volts, correct?

My Cars
    98 540i6
    I'll try and double check when I get home.

My Cars
    2003 530iA
    So wht's the hex code value?
    Looking for a DIY? Parts? Check this out, it might be your ticket

Stable: e92is, e53 N62, e46M54B25, Tribby & e39 M54B30 R.I.P.

My Cars
    98 540i6
    sorry Haven't had a chance. will try real tonight/tomorrow.

My Cars
    2000 528i; 2000 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by Doru View Post
    So wht's the hex code value?
    Any follow up on this question? I have the PA 1.4 and the lights. Will be trying this soon.

My Cars
    98 540i6
    I did check a few weeks back, sorry - brain hasn't been up to what it used to be lately.

the value PAsoft shows me is "20". That number is all the way down the entire PWM column for all options. However, I have an LCM4 which has more PWM adjustments than the LCM3 or 2.

My Cars
    1999 BMW 540i
    So I just purchased these for $45, I think I got a good deal. They seem like they are Euro style but judging by the lack of stamps, I highly doubt these are hellas. ECS carries the adapters for Pre FL to FL http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E39-540....4L/ES2162511/ . I hope these work, btw can anyone tell me who makes these I can't find any stamps or markings.

My Cars
    F10 N52
    wow, very nice price for those. Where did you get them if you don't mind me asking? Let us know if you have to code for the new tails.

My Cars
    1999 BMW 540i
    I got them off a guy locally on craigs. I will post pictures as soon as I get these on my baby

My Cars
    2000 BMW 540i 6 Speed
    Im totally confused

What IF you dont code the LCM module, what problems can you get?

Can some1 post the whole process with a computer on how to code the LCM module? starting from what laptop/pc you have, program, etc. to what to do

I would really appreciate if some1 did this for me and rest of the guys

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast