Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Change VIN in KOMBI with NCS ?

My Cars
    BMW Mini R53

Change VIN in KOMBI with NCS ?

I have to change my KOMBI ECU, my old one with a new (used) one. I thought i change in the new on the VIN with the NCS Expert and than i can code it with Progman.
    My Problem is, that my old KOMBI have the codeindex 06 and my new (used) one have the codeindex 10h.

And if i try to change the VIN i get the error "Wrong-SG Index / codeindex=10h"

Can anyone help me ?

Thank you

Goofy

error.log
    ERROR! Modul: A_KMBR50.IPS, Proc: Cod_FGNR_SCHREIBEN, LineNr: 163, ErrorNr: 2060
    COAPI-2060: coding faulty (general)
    KOMBI50F, C_C_AUFTRAG: ERROR_ECU_REJECTED
    >> ERROR! Modul: COAPI2.CPP, Proc: coapiRunCabd, LineNr: 06, ErrorNr: 2060
    FGNR_SCHREIBEN
    ERROR! Modul: CDH.C, Proc: CDHCheckIdent, LineNr: 03, ErrorNr: 2041
    COAPI-2041: Falscher SG-Codierindex
    A_KMBR50: CODIERINDEX = 10h
    KMB_R50.C06: CODIERINDEX = 06
    >> ERROR! Modul: COAPI2.CPP, Proc: coapiRunCabd, LineNr: 06, ErrorNr: 2041
    FGNR_SCHREIBEN
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by goofy79; 03-04-2011 at 04:48 PM.

My Cars
    e87
    how change VIN with NCS?

My Cars
    2005 120D
    Use Tool32 for this...

My Cars
    BMW Mini R53
    ok, i tryed many things ... Tool32 | NCSExpert | Progman
    and i get always the error "ERROR_ECU_EJECED"
    So if i change some settings with the NCS and code the SG all right, but if i change the VIN addition i get the same error.
    With the BMW Scanner 1.36 i get error in the algorithm ?

So it seems, that in't able the change the VIN in my KOMBI.

Have anybody an idea ?

Goofy
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Try writing the VIN that's already on the cluster with tool32 or NCS Expert. If that works, then that means it's probably like the E46 where the VIN is a write-protected value (The BMW tools, including tool32, will refuse to write the VIN to an E46 cluster or LSZ unless the starting VIN is 000000 or the same as the one that's being written)

My Cars
    Volvo V50 2.0d
    goofy, post the part numbers of both kombi`s here

My Cars
    BMW Mini R53
    Hello,

the new (used) one have 62116972077
    and my original one have 62116921518

thank you all !

goofy

My Cars
    Volvo V50 2.0d
    Hi Goofy, sorry is not possible to recode used kombi,as
    TerraPhantm wrote
    mfg

My Cars
    BMW Mini R53
    Hi,
    is it maybe possible to the chip directly read and write? Because the writing blocks the software ? Or maybe with the BMW Scanner 1.40 ?
    I can't belive that there isn't a way !

Goofy

My Cars
    Volvo V50 2.0d
    hi, i haven't experience with this, but i know the guys replace the chip with a new one and
    then flash with eeprom-programer, search for "tacho repair, tuning".
    cost for programer only, is maybe 300 € ?

My Cars
    `09 525dE61, `05 325ci
    My apologies for hijacking this thread!
    Goofy, where from Germany do you come from? I have 1.4 and we may give it a try. But not alot of hope. I deal with exactly the same issue this time on a E46Kombi. Anybody else for different ways to Rome? Not at all interested in soldering out this tiny piece of sh...

Regards ASSE60

My Cars
    BMW 330CI DropTop
    Quote Originally Posted by ASSE60 View Post
    My apologies for hijacking this thread!
    Goofy, where from Germany do you come from? I have 1.4 and we may give it a try. But not alot of hope. I deal with exactly the same issue this time on a E46Kombi. Anybody else for different ways to Rome? Not at all interested in soldering out this tiny piece of sh...

Regards ASSE60
    What is your problem with the E46 Kombi?
    You can change VIN with PA Soft 1.4 if you want and odometer correction too.

My Cars
    `09 525dE61, `05 325ci
    Beemer,
    regardeless of whatsoever I click in 1.4 it won't let me write the eeprom.
    If I choose Write FgstNr. (change VIN), it keeps teeling me that I should use "factory defaults" beforehand, which is greyed out, i.e not selectable.
    If I click on "change odometer", I got the message that it is currently impossible with the contained M35080 Eeprom.
    If there's more wisdom, share it, appreciate!

Regards

ASSE60

My Cars
    Volvo V50 2.0d
    @ ASSE60 , pa-soft should be working via OBD,and only if your dash is made by motometer with 93S66 (B58) eeprom,
    BOSCH with M35080 don't work without programer/soldering
    you need reset eeprom first to get "factory defaults" with :
    "M35080 Odometer Milleage Programmer Wipe/Reset kit"
    regards

My Cars
    `09 525dE61, `05 325ci
    Cheez,

that's what I've heard many times already. Does that mean that if somebody "resets" the odo below 255 the software recognizes the dash as a factory new one? The question because I have in Tool 32 the option to take influence on the odo below that value. But my concern is: will I have also PASoft to recognize that to make my VIN write succesful? Another wise guy once said that the dash would accept the programming once you attach a speedsignal above a certain value to it? Fairytale?
    What happens if I desolder the M35080 and reset it to all 0? Will the dash still know that it's a dash instead of a chinese luck cookie?

Many thanks for maaannnyyyy inputs...

Regards

ASSE60

My Cars
    1996 BMW E39 523 LIM
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I was informed that halfway 1999 the E39 chipset for the combi was replaced by a write once chipset. Therefore it was not possible antymore to change the VIN number anymore. I have changed the VIN in a kombi from 1998 and that went fine with BMW scanner 1.36. I also corrected the milage.
    Later I had the request to change the milage and VIN for an E60 and I received the warning that the used chipset could not be rewritten.

So you need a new chip to change the VIN.

My Cars
    Volvo V50 2.0d
    Hi ASSE,
    i read the max value is about 150, but is right, in this case will be recognizes as a new and can be coded by standard tools (NCS, PAsoft.....)
    But the problem is, with these tools is no access into write protected area on the rom.
    Only ROM programer can do it.

proper steps would be:
    1.chip out, into programer, read out the rom
    2.editing rom file with hexeditor- changing both values VIN and/or mileage
    (not erase to zeroe's !)
    3.chip back -done
    progs to calculate mileage, offset adresse's of VIN area you'll find in DK forum.
    About the matter with speed signal, i have never heard.
    regards

My Cars
    `09 525dE61, `05 325ci
    So finally to come to a conclusion:
    I and probably Goofy as well need someone who is capable of accessing the Eeprom to write the VIN to it, understood.
    Erasing the M35080 will lead to silicium junk, cause the dash will not be able to work anymore since data in the write protected area are missing, right?
    The same issue would be with a brandnew 35080 I guess.
    The Offset for the VIN isn`t the problem, discovered it already on the PASoft Dump of my Eeprom, but changing the value and writing the Eeprom leads to multiple Errors (5) and apparently no changes are done to the ROM as on a new readout everything is still the same than beforehand.
    BUT: I`ve definetely heard of several succedings in writing the VIN in a used dash of that make, so guys: someone in the Area of Frankfurt/Main +- 100KM able and willing to do it for some $$?
    Just 2 clarify: I`m not looking for a more valuable car due a lower ODO! My goal is my M3 cluster working properly in my summerbaby

My Cars
    BMW Mini R53
    Hello,

i think thats the way
    chip out, into programer, read out the rom
    but can anyone tell my what kind of chip i have in my Mini combi ?

Thank You

Goofy

PS: I do not want to turn my KM down, i want to set the km to 95tkm as the real km of my car - my new (used) one have at the moment 17tkm.
    Last edited by goofy79; 03-08-2011 at 09:31 AM.

My Cars
    Volvo V50 2.0d
    Hi Goofy,
    your "new" combi is made 2005-2006, so i think is 35080 inside, but i'm not sure.
    you can read out this with pasoft
    -- and guys, sorry for the thing with mil.correction, did't mean it.
    regards
    Last edited by chezz00m; 03-08-2011 at 12:12 PM. Reason: my issue

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by ASSE60 View Post
    So finally to come to a conclusion:
    I and probably Goofy as well need someone who is capable of accessing the Eeprom to write the VIN to it, understood.
    Erasing the M35080 will lead to silicium junk, cause the dash will not be able to work anymore since data in the write protected area are missing, right?
    The same issue would be with a brandnew 35080 I guess.
    The Offset for the VIN isn`t the problem, discovered it already on the PASoft Dump of my Eeprom, but changing the value and writing the Eeprom leads to multiple Errors (5) and apparently no changes are done to the ROM as on a new readout everything is still the same than beforehand.
    BUT: I`ve definetely heard of several succedings in writing the VIN in a used dash of that make, so guys: someone in the Area of Frankfurt/Main +- 100KM able and willing to do it for some $$?
    Just 2 clarify: I`m not looking for a more valuable car due a lower ODO! My goal is my M3 cluster working properly in my summerbaby
    Just FYI, an M3 cluster will never work properly in a non-M. They don't accept non-M FAs. Oil temp won't work and from what I hear, DSC doesn't work properly either.

My Cars
    `09 525dE61, `05 325ci
    Okidok,
    I think I'll give the above mentioned tool a try. It's affordable with the chinese replica guys around 60$. Not because I'm not willing to pay somebody else for having the job done, just for my curiosity.
    Goofy, before I click on "buy now", do you by chance have somebody already able to do it? I mean beside all the commercal offers floating around in the Net.

Will report back the outcome...

Regards ASSE60

Quote Originally Posted by TerraPhantm View Post
    Just FYI, an M3 cluster will never work properly in a non-M. They don't accept non-M FAs. Oil temp won't work and from what I hear, DSC doesn't work properly either.
    That i know for sure isn't true! In M54B25/30 models. The oil temp signal is distributed by the Bus system as is in M3, which by the way isn't a real oiltemp either. What definitely will not work without any additionals are the Temp LED's around the RPM gauge, only the 1,5 last one will lite steadily. The DSC rumours are floating around exactly because of the mismatching VIN, the system in M3 Models where earlier brought to the DSCIII standard and therefore older chassis may have problems with it but not the ones with the same system aboard, once the VIN matches.
    Last edited by ASSE60; 03-08-2011 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    BMW Mini R53
    Hello at all,

i tryed pasoft and i'm able to read out the data of the M35080 but i can't write or erase it
    It is possible to switch the two M35080 ... the chip from my original combi to the new (used) one ?

Thx

My Cars
    `09 525dE61, `05 325ci
    Goofy, if you like and being able to waiver the Car for the time you may send your IKE's over. I've just Done exactly that to mine and it worked flawlessly. Got my Kombi now in and running....

My Cars
    BMW Mini R53
    @ASSE60 : many Thanks, but i think i'm able to switch the Chips by myself
    It took me only interested if it works - but if it works at your combi - it will be work on my combi too

i give feedback if it done. Thank you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast