Thread: Anti lock light on after strut swap

My Cars
    1992 E36 4 door

Anti lock light on after strut swap

I installed struts and Koni sport springs. Now the anti lock light comes on after a few miles of driving. The car does have a slight rake to it now after the psring installation. Any ideas?

My Cars
    94 325is
    Must of hit one of the wheel speed sensor lines??

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '06 Forester
    Check to make sure all your ABS sensors are connected and not in harms way (meaning wires tucked away where they are supposed to be) so that they don't get ripped off.

As for the rake, that's what the springs call for anyway: 40mm front and 25mm rear drop.

My Cars
    1992 E36 4 door
    Quote Originally Posted by slocar View Post
    Check to make sure all your ABS sensors are connected and not in harms way (meaning wires tucked away where they are supposed to be) so that they don't get ripped off.

As for the rake, that's what the springs call for anyway: 40mm front and 25mm rear drop.

Yup, just found that out about the rake, when I bought the car the rear pig tails were broken, so it sat the opposite of what it should. Looks killer with the new springs. I took one sensor off the drivers side, I was able to "sneak" the strut though the wire on the passenger side. I cleaned off the sensor with a dry rag on the drivers side. It had a bunch of dirt and metal shavings stuck to the magnet. Maybe it doesn't like being clean. The light will come on the go off next time I start the car. wierd