Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: E32 Suspension Thread

My Cars
    88 325, 91 325ix, 95 M3

E32 Suspension Thread

Hello all!

I've searched and searched and have NOT found a good thread of people posting pictures of their cars and suspension setups. These exist for e30s and e36's, we need one for e32s!

I'm trying to decide if I want to get H&R Sports with Bilstein sports. I'm wondering how low the e32 will get with that setup.

I'm also interested to see what everyone has (as I'm sure others are too)! So, lets get the show goin - post up your car and describe your setup:

Springs:
    Shocks:
    Estimated drop front:
    Estimated drop rear:
    Other changes:

Thanks!
    - Sean Hayes
    Illini Chapter Driving Events Chair

My Cars
    Not a Ferrari
    If you are trying to get low, don't be afraid to cut lowering springs. Especially if they are progressive, and even more especially if you are using stiffer shocks like Bilstein Sports. Cutting stock springs doesn't work as well all the time.

The other option is any E34 coilover kit. As far as I know they will bolt right on. Then, if you're worried about your Nürburgring times, you can get stiffer springs to compensate for the weight difference.

1995 540i/6 // Dylan Leff - www.originalplate.com

My Cars
    88 325, 91 325ix, 95 M3
    Nah, I don't want to get that low. I already have a low car...below. I'm more looking for closing the nasty wheel gap up front and lowering the rear a bit. I'm thinkin H&R Sports would do nicely.

However, I don't want an obscenely stiff ride either. I'd be cool with something a bit stiffer than stock, but I want to be able to hit a few potholes without it jarring my teeth.

Can Bilstein HDs be paired with H&R sports?
    - Sean Hayes
    Illini Chapter Driving Events Chair

My Cars
    Not a Ferrari
    Absolutely. And it sounds like that would be the perfect setup for what you're looking for.

1995 540i/6 // Dylan Leff - www.originalplate.com

My Cars
    two 3's one 5 three 7's
    Here's my 735i suspension setup: front = NOS Hartge frt lowering springs, 750iL CA's + Bilstein Tourings + adj Dinan sways; rear = adj Dinan sways + completely stock springs/shocks

Rides beautifully. Firm but forgiving, neutral disposition with minimal body roll & a slight forward rake - best of all worlds!

Last edited by whiteghost1; 03-02-2011 at 03:16 AM.

My Cars
    1992 735il, 1992 AWD DSM
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteghost1 View Post
    Here's my 735i suspension setup: front = NOS Hartge frt lowering springs, 750iL CA's + Bilstein Tourings + adj Dinan sways; rear = adj Dinan sways + completely stock springs/shocks

When you say 750il CA's are you referring to control arms? If so why did you change to them? Did you by chance have EDCIII before hand?

My Cars
    E32 730i V8, E38 735i V8
    wich is that color on your wheels, i have same e32 style wheels and i like that color...

sorry for OT

My Cars
    88ix,88 735i,88,91,01M5
    bilstein sports, bav auto springs, front and rear k mac camber kits. stock swaybars with urethane bushings, front adn rear urethane control arm bushings and strut tower brace. it handles better than my e30 ix. 19x10 275/30/19 and 19x8.5 245/35/19. this is how an e32 was and is suposed to look. Shit hammered for life

My Cars
    03 Mini "S"
    damn...That M5 is b@dass!!! The E32 looks sweet also!

My Cars
    two 3's one 5 three 7's
    Quote Originally Posted by 916MINI View Post
    When you say 750il CA's are you referring to control arms? If so why did you change to them? Did you by chance have EDCIII before hand?
    Yes CA's = control arms. I changed my because they were shot and I bought the 750iL CA's because they have a beefier bushing in them - to handle the extra weight of the 750iL. An upgrade for a 735i.

My 750iL has EDC III; my 735i has the standard suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by w12a3d View Post
    wich is that color on your wheels, i have same e32 style wheels and i like that color...

sorry for OT
    AFAIK, it is the factory silver color from the BMW. All the other ones I have seen are the same.
    What color are yours?

My Cars
    84 528e 88 735i, 01 325i

That satin black finish looks mahvelous! And the stance is just right for the car. Nice job!

My Cars
    '89 735i/5, '97 M3
    Wanting to lower my 735i but not wanting to cut my springs. I want a little lower than what whiteghost has, but not as low as davintosh. Also wouldn't mind a stiffer ride. What do you guys suggest?

My Cars
    S/C Tacoma 4x4, + 330Ci
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...4#ht_500wt_956

i wish i could buy these, im over due for new struts
    Glare shielding www.justoffroad.org

My Cars
    '89 735i/5, '97 M3
    I am needing to replace most of my suspension components and am probably going to do so this summer. So E34 coilovers fit, do they fit all the way around or just fronts? I would think they would be a little soft for the E32 though, would I have to buy new springs?

My Cars
    '89 735i/5, '97 M3
    Gonna revive this thread

Ok, finally getting to the point where I want to start ordering parts to replace my front control arms, shocks, and springs. I think I have decided on going with the Meyle HD control arms but I'm still up in the air on a shock/spring combo. I want to lower the front to close the mile-wide gap between the tire and fender but nothing severe. I see whiteghost has the NOS Hartge lowering springs in the front. What might get me a little lower?

Does anyone have any shock/spring suggestions from experience?

My Cars
    03 Mini "S"
    I just received my H&R sport springs from Turner Motorsports, will be putting at least the fronts on next week. Will throw up some pics when I'm done and give an evaluation on the ride quality.

My Cars
    '89 735i/5, '97 M3
    Cool, thanks!

My Cars
    750iL
    Doing to shocks/springs of my E32 in the near future. Pretty much decided on Bilstein/Vogtland. Anyone wanna talk me out of that combo?

My Cars
    1989 BMW 735i
    Just did my suspension a couple of weeks ago. I went with H&R springs, Koni Sport adjustable front struts, and Bilstein Sport rear shocks. I'm pretty happy with both the drop and the ride.

H&R is supposed to be 1.25/1.0 drop in front/rear. My scientific measurement method concluded that it went from 4 finger gap front and 1 finger gap rear to 1 finger gap front and no finger gap rear.

My Cars
    '89 735i/5, '97 M3
    Can you post some pictures please?

My Cars
    1994 BMW 740i
    My suspension setup is H & R springs (-2.0 front) with Bilstein HP shocks front and rear. I left the rear at stock ride height.

My Cars
    89 735i, 01 740il
    I run oe struts with bav auto springs -1 coil, 18x8.5's overall drop is bout 2.5-3" I guess.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    e32 & e30
    that black e32 rocks!

My Cars
    E31/E32 VWs Tesla
    Quote Originally Posted by renemesis View Post
    Doing to shocks/springs of my E32 in the near future. Pretty much decided on Bilstein/Vogtland. Anyone wanna talk me out of that combo?
    I went with the Bilstein Heavy Duty shocks (not the sport ones) on the stock springs on my 240K mile '89 E32. It took me a few days/trips to get used to them, I wasn't used to feeling bumps on the road, but I think it handles incredible now.

The E32's a friggin heavy tank, and handles the stiff shocks well.

I was told by the guy I bought them from (Performance Products, I believe) that I'd like the heavy duty ones better than the sport ones. (Not just because they cost $30 more)

If going around a corner at 80-90MPH and you cross a bridge separation, it's simply glued to the road.

'89 735i, '91 850i, '81 MB 380SLC (For Sale), Tesla Model 3, and VW Passat TDI -- Yes, I still repair General Modules, DM for info!

My Cars
    E30, E32
    I'll have to get a decent photo, but I've got Bilsteins B8's front and rear with 'Kings Springs'. I had a custom set made for the rear and use off the shelf 'Super low's' on the front.

I'd realy like another 10mm higher in front as it's too low and hits the bump stops on heavy bumps on our average roads. I'm thinking the 9mm upper and lower spring pads would give me what I want.
    Daily :- E32 2jzgte conversion
    Project :- E30 2jzgte conversion
    www.cardomain.com/id/BMWTurbo

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast