Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 100RWHP per litre S50B30 in N/A form......

My Cars
    1994 E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by morerevsm3 View Post
    one was at calder, which is night meets almost at sea level, the other at heathcote during the day, in the central highlands of vic
    I always thought you ran your first 12 second pass at heathcote, 12.98@105.3mph with 256rwhp??, It seems drag strips have more deviation than dynos!LOL, its a shame you live so far away or we could just line them up.

My Cars
    1994 E36 M3
    BTW what cams are you running?[/QUOTE]

Gaz, sorry for the late reply i didnt see your question, due to the camshaft design not being entirley my interlectual knowledge i cant divulge the exact cam specs, the camshaft specifications were purely designed from what the engine wanted with factory camshafts regarding vanos position/peak timing, once the engine was maxed on the factory cams the vanos positions were analysed and this data was used to design the camshaft.

My Cars
    1994 E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by RN318 View Post
    "nice car, but nothing a nice 180sx couldn't beat"

I know Jake is all torque...but how much torque are you guys all producing? (Gaz, Alan, Simon)
    RAJ, an sr20 wouldn't make enough torque to tighten the stock head bolts on an S50B30.......

My Cars
    Camry
    Quote Originally Posted by Shedtownracing View Post

RAJ, an sr20 wouldn't make enough torque to tighten the stock head bolts on an S50B30.......

LOL! but it has enough torque to whoop your M3

My Cars
    E24, E34 x2, E36
    What's an sr20.

Is it something used between 2 consenting male adults
    BMW’s
    90 E34 M5
    84 E24 M635csi standalone ecu with coil on plug
    94 E34 540i/6 SC 5-17psi Flex fuel/standalone ecu
    97 Z3 2.8
    97 E36 M3 euro SC still u/c

OTHERS
    11 Audi S5 APR stg2
    19 Volkswagen Amarok V6

My Cars
    1994 E36 M3
    LOL! but it has enough torque to whoop your M3
    Ive never spoken to someone so confident with only 269RWHP! See how you go against that E39 M5 first, i don't have any problems with them.

My Cars
    Turbo Euro Spec E36 M3
    Ive never spoken to someone so confident with only 269RWHP!
    The problem is the leaking gasket between the steering wheel and drivers seat.........
    Euro Spec E36 M3. Built engine, Carrillo Rods, JE Pistons, SuperTech Stainless Int/Inconel Exh Valves, SuperTech Double Valve Springs, APR Head and Mains Studs, GT35R Turbo, Tial 44mm External gate, Custom Intake manifold, Autronic SM4 with Vanos control, Twin intank Walbros, Injector Dynamics Injectors, 566rwhp (Mainline Dyno) at 20psi. More boost to come once stronger spring fitted to W/Gate. Engine built and tuned by me......

My Cars
    Camry
    Ive never spoken to someone so confident with only 269RWHP! See how you go against that E39 M5 first, i don't have any problems with them.
    I have to be confident with 284RWHP in a 1220kg car (In a stock red top SR20 with a t28bb and 16psi, that's a really good figure especially with stock injectors and ecu)

Your 3.0L M3 P:W = 310RWHP / 1440kg = 0.215

My 2.0L 180sx P:W = 284RWHP / 1220kg = 0.233

And while Jake's still all talk......i mean, torque. Let's talk about torque...
    180sx = 545Nm
    E36 M3 3L = stock 320Nm. What are you pushing now Simon?

I think we all know, the E39 M5 won't have a chance
    Last edited by RN318; 03-29-2011 at 12:30 AM.

My Cars
    Turbo Euro Spec E36 M3
    And while Jake's still all talk......
    Care to expand on your comment?
    Euro Spec E36 M3. Built engine, Carrillo Rods, JE Pistons, SuperTech Stainless Int/Inconel Exh Valves, SuperTech Double Valve Springs, APR Head and Mains Studs, GT35R Turbo, Tial 44mm External gate, Custom Intake manifold, Autronic SM4 with Vanos control, Twin intank Walbros, Injector Dynamics Injectors, 566rwhp (Mainline Dyno) at 20psi. More boost to come once stronger spring fitted to W/Gate. Engine built and tuned by me......

My Cars
    Camry
    Quote Originally Posted by S50B30T View Post
    Care to expand on your comment?
    I'll expand once I've finished fixing my leaking gasket.
    There's no way I'm losing to a BMW!!

My Cars
    1994 bmw 325is
    I have to be confident with 284RWHP in a 1220kg car (In a stock red top SR20 with a t28bb and 16psi, that's a really good figure especially with stock injectors and ecu)

180sx = 545Nm

my sr20 made 260wtq at 14.5 psi on the stock t25g. even more with the gt2860rs
    Quote Originally Posted by nathancarter View Post
    Thanks for the tip! Next time a woman backs me into a corner and starts making sexual advances, I won't hold back from beating her senseless.

My Cars
    1994 E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by RN318

180sx = 545Nm

M3 weighs in at 1300kgs champ, where are u getting your torque figure from? I would have to calculate it to flywheel figures. U are so cocky I'm starting to think you"ve got a decent engine in there, does it say Cosworth on the tappet cover or something? I think your right about the m5 jakes m3 is a nugget to though so why don't you put up or shut up and show Jake some tail lights!

My Cars
    Camry
    Quote Originally Posted by eko View Post
    my sr20 made 260wtq at 14.5 psi on the stock t25g. even more with the gt2860rs
    260ft lb at the rears yeah? Mine made something similar with the T25G but boost was all over the shop. Peaked at 10.5psi.
    It was around 145rwkw.

My Cars
    1994 bmw 325is
    260ft lb at the rears yeah? Mine made something similar with the T25G but boost was all over the shop. Peaked at 10.5psi.
    It was around 145rwkw.
    yeah lets just say 3 weeks later i had to move to the g2860rs lol. the t25g started screaming and not making anyboost until 4K rpms and it would hit hard like a heart attack. Basically i had to lay her to rest.

EDIT: how would i go about getting a euro s50 here in the states? it's not like the jap companies where they have specific import shops that do it. at least none that i can find.

i could have an sr20 to philly by friday but we get none of the good bimmer parts here
    Last edited by eko; 03-29-2011 at 02:19 AM.
    Thanks for the tip! Next time a woman backs me into a corner and starts making sexual advances, I won't hold back from beating her senseless.

My Cars
    Camry
    M3 weighs in at 1300kgs champ, where are u getting your torque figure from? I would have to calculate it to flywheel figures. U are so cocky I'm starting to think you"ve got a decent engine in there, does it say Cosworth on the tappet cover or something? I think your right about the m5 jakes m3 is a nugget to though so why don't you put up or shut up and show Jake some tail lights!

Hahahaha, nope, all stock. Just rocks a GT2560 (T28bb turbo - same as the JDM S15), exhaust, filter, FMIC and EBC.

If I had some money sitting around, I'd be getting an Autronic ECU and that bloke with the slow turbo M3 to tune it

I got my torque figures from my mainline dyno graphs. I heard you might be coming on wednesday night mate, so I can show you the graphs then too.

I got your weight and torque from the net just from stock figures. I can't remember how much my E36 M3 weighed. It was a 3.2L though.

My Cars
    1994 M3

EDIT: how would i go about getting a euro s50 here in the states? it's not like the jap companies where they have specific import shops that do it. at least none that i can find.

i could have an sr20 to philly by friday but we get none of the good bimmer parts here
    http://abloriginalparts.com/
    cheers, Alan

1/4 mile-12.92 @ 108.64mph-NA 3.0L m3 daily driver

My Cars
    Camry
    yeah lets just say 3 weeks later i had to move to the g2860rs lol. the t25g started screaming and not making anyboost until 4K rpms and it would hit hard like a heart attack. Basically i had to lay her to rest.

How do you find the disco? What RPM are does boost start and what RPM is full boost? I find the T28bb pulls hard to 6k and that's about it...

My Cars
    1994 bmw 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by morerevsm3 View Post
    Thanks
    damn these bastards are pricey lol.

How do you find the disco? What RPM are does boost start and what RPM is full boost? I find the T28bb pulls hard to 6k and that's about it...
    10 psi by 3K and pulled to about 6500 rpms if i recall it's been a year since i got rid of her. throttle response was nuts and it would spool the same if not faster than the t25g but not fall on it's face after 5500 rpms.

I 'm probably gonna boost my m50b25 by the end of the summer and throw in some s50/52 cams if i can take care of suspension/cosmetic work first. I've always been curious about the euro motors as they actually make decent power and aren't glorified m50 motors like our usdm s50 motors. I'd have enough to buy an m3 motor by may but it still pretty pricey for 250-300whp
    Last edited by eko; 03-29-2011 at 02:53 AM.

My Cars
    325is, 96 M3 Euro
    I got my torque figures from my mainline dyno graphs.
    gotta be careful with mainline dynos the torque figures are not what you'd expect them to be. Need to calculate it from the power and rpm.

My Cars
    1994 bmw 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by digger View Post
    gotta be careful with mainline dynos the torque figures are not what you'd expect them to be. Need to calculate it from the power and rpm.
    this^^^

My Cars
    Turbo Euro Spec E36 M3
    If I had some money sitting around, I'd be getting an Autronic ECU and that bloke with the slow turbo M3 to tune it
    Considering your such a nice guy im happy to make you an offer that can't be beaten......literally.

How about we line up my ohhhh soooo slow turbo M3 with your lightening fast 180 with its big torques and plentiful horsepowers. If you beat me i will supply and tune an Autronic SM4 for free. If i beat you, you pay me $100.00 for each car lenght i beat you by. If it exceeds 10 car lenghts (and it will plus some) im happy to settle for $1,000. Deal?

I should be able to put my semi slicks back on for tomorrow night, however if i go to the trouble of doing so and if you agree to the deal above and don't come good on it, you will be in plenty of pain Raj, i give you my word on that.

My Cars
    Camry
    Quote Originally Posted by S50B30T View Post
    How about we line up my ohhhh soooo slow turbo M3 with your lightening fast 180 with its big torques and plentiful horsepowers. If you beat me i will supply and tune an Autronic SM4 for free. If i beat you, you pay me $100.00 for each car lenght i beat you by. If it exceeds 10 car lenghts (and it will plus some) im happy to settle for $1,000. Deal?

LOL!! I might as well give you the 1k now!

In all seriousness (and we've discussed this before) it's obvious your car would walk mine. I'd just be interested to see how badly I lose.

Anyway, let's get back on topic re Simon's car. Further sh1t-stirring can be done via PM hehe.

Any more pics of your car Simon?

My Cars
    1994 bmw 325is
    LOL!! I might as well give you the 1k now!

In all seriousness (and we've discussed this before) it's obvious your car would walk mine. I'd just be interested to see how badly I lose.

Anyway, let's get back on topic re Simon's car. Further sh1t-stirring can be done via PM hehe.

Any more pics of your car Simon?
    He can race my friends/tuners car......................built motor, neo vvl head,

But really what do you have done to your M? i'm very interested

And yes back on topic.

I'm interested in those euro motors that we never got....we got ripped in the U.S. :-(........really 205-210 whp m3 that weights over 3K lbs is nothing impressive. :-(
    Last edited by eko; 03-30-2011 at 03:26 AM.

My Cars
    E38 740i6, E36 M3
    I was looking for a pic of the Vanos ECU on google and found this thread. It's rather interesting because I'm currently in the process of finishing a modded S50B30 engine and hopefully in about 2 weeks I will be able to share the dyno results with you all. I'm making this post to cement this thought in my brain and not forget to come back on here :P

Anyway, the mods to the engine are (apart from full rebuild):
    - Schrick 284 cams
    - Vanos rebuild
    - Wossner 12.6:1 compression forged pistons (22bar before break in!)
    - Carbon airbox with S50B32 trumpets (should make more high end rpm)
    - Stock exhaust with decat
    - Ported head
    - Lightweight flywheel
    - Custom Alpha/N and map sensor mapping on a DET3

The last part interests me, going to see what the tuner will be able to get out of this engine. I'm hoping for 340bhp at the flywheel. Maybe next winter one could upgrade the valve springs and retainers to rev it more but at the moment I'm running low on funds.

My Cars
    Turbo Euro Spec E36 M3
    That engine build sounds good and a realistic HP target. Id suggest first running the engine with the cats on the dyno and once you have a base figure, then remove them. I know that the red M3 in this thread back to back tested with the cats in place/removed and lost power when they were removed. No matter what was tried in the tune to gain the power back with the cats removed the power could not be found.

What fuel will you use with 12.6 compression?

You should start a new thread on your project........

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast