Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 100RWHP per litre S50B30 in N/A form......

My Cars
    Turbo Euro Spec E36 M3

100RWHP per litre S50B30 in N/A form......

Hi All,

Firstly i want to say this is not my car, it's a friend of mine, Simons. He is new to this forum and can not post pics as yet so i am posting the pics for him and he will chime in with any answers/finer details.

He owns a 1994 E36 M3 that he has owned for 5 years. When he first purchased the car it made 220 RWHP in stock form. Over the last 5 years has has played with different Exh systems, Cam shafts, Air box/runner sizes etc etc and the engine is run via an Autronic SM4 with vanos control.

In shoot out mode the car now makes 310RWHP!

I'm sure Simon will respond to any questions/comments......
    Euro Spec E36 M3. Built engine, Carrillo Rods, JE Pistons, SuperTech Stainless Int/Inconel Exh Valves, SuperTech Double Valve Springs, APR Head and Mains Studs, GT35R Turbo, Tial 44mm External gate, Custom Intake manifold, Autronic SM4 with Vanos control, Twin intank Walbros, Injector Dynamics Injectors, 566rwhp (Mainline Dyno) at 20psi. More boost to come once stronger spring fitted to W/Gate. Engine built and tuned by me......

My Cars
    BMW m3 evo
    Impressive!

My Cars
    1998 M3
    sweet! what a monster.

wheres that air box from?

My Cars
    E24, E34 x2, E36
    wow 231rwkw. its what you call optimised.

its a cracking result from 3.0ltr

any specs on cams/compression/rpm level ect

people used to laugh that when i first got my m3 i thought it would be capable of circa 400hp naturally aspirated without having to rebuild it every 500 miles.
    BMW’s
    90 E34 M5
    84 E24 M635csi standalone ecu with coil on plug
    94 E34 540i/6 SC 5-17psi Flex fuel/standalone ecu
    97 Z3 2.8
    97 E36 M3 euro SC still u/c

OTHERS
    11 Audi S5 APR stg2
    19 Volkswagen Amarok V6

My Cars
    1994 E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by holo
    Impressive!
    Quote Originally Posted by 98m3estoril
    sweet! what a monster.

wheres that air box from?
    Quote Originally Posted by GazM3
    wow 231rwkw. its what you call optimised.

its a cracking result from 3.0ltr

any specs on cams/compression/rpm level ect

people used to laugh that when i first got my m3 i thought it would be capable of circa 400hp naturally aspirated without having to rebuild it every 500 miles.
    Hi guys, thanks for the comments, I have been a bit of a silent member of these forums for a while now and thought some of you may be interested. The airbox was purchased from Germany via ebay, it was previously used on a dedicated racecar, I believe mac-motoren were the company that made them. Believe it or not the engine is internally standard with 10.8 comp bar custom cams and is 100000kms old, we turn it to 7800rpm regularly as it's done more kms on the dyno then the road.lol

My Cars
    325is, 96 M3 Euro
    where is the stock graph for comparison?

My Cars
    1994 E36 M3
    Digger
    I dont have the 220rwhp printout, the oldest i have is with back box, carbon airbox & rubbish alpha n chips.Judging by your comment i believe you may doubt the power i am claiming on this given dyno, following are two dyno sheets on two different dyno dynamics machines with the car in the same stage of development. One dyno you can see is the same machine it made its multiple 310rwhp passes, this proves the accuracy of my claims on a properly operated dd in shootout mode, it doesnt read high nor low comparibly.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    1994 M3
    easiest way tpo prove horsepower is run it at the drags, and weigh the car while you are there, mph will tell the story
    cheers, Alan

1/4 mile-12.92 @ 108.64mph-NA 3.0L m3 daily driver

My Cars
    1994 E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by morerevsm3
    easiest way tpo prove horsepower is run it at the drags, and weigh the car while you are there, mph will tell the story
    Yes this is true, the car has weight pulled out of it but I haven't weighed it yet, these dyno figures are dead honest that's all I'm saying, it makes this power on three dd machines, I'm not into inflated figures, the trap speed will indicate this. I have lined it up with a few proven 12 second cars that trap 110mph and have had no problem fending them off. I need a new clutch and some time to get to wsid.

My Cars
    325is, 96 M3 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Shedtownracing View Post
    Digger
    I dont have the 220rwhp printout, the oldest i have is with back box, carbon airbox & rubbish alpha n chips.Judging by your comment i believe you may doubt the power i am claiming on this given dyno, following are two dyno sheets on two different dyno dynamics machines with the car in the same stage of development. One dyno you can see is the same machine it made its multiple 310rwhp passes, this proves the accuracy of my claims on a properly operated dd in shootout mode, it doesnt read high nor low comparibly.
    just wanted to see midrange gains or if any compromises were made elsewhere in the power band to make those numbers.

What tyres size and diff? to enable the rpm to km/h conversion

i am not doubting the numbers but since you mentioned proof, this would require getting a second opinion.

My Cars
    1994 E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by digger

just wanted to see midrange gains or if any compromises were made elsewhere in the power band to make those numbers.

What tyres size and diff? to enable the rpm to km/h conversion

i am not doubting the numbers but since you mentioned proof, this would require getting a second opinion.
    To our surprise each modification that made peak gains also picked up the area under the curve, we were expecting to sacrifice some bottom end for top end but it hasn't happened yet, on one occasion we lost a little at 4500 odd, however once that modification was tuned to suit we found more grunt again. I have pre and post autronic install graph if you are interested, it demonstrates the gains in the middle. Diff ratio is stock 3.15, tyre size is 235/45/18.

Correction, 235/40/18, my bad

Correction, 235/40/18, my bad
    Last edited by Shedtownracing; 03-05-2011 at 05:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    1994 M3
    this is very interesting to me, I made 275rwhp with alpha n chips, carbon airbox and home made exhaust, + alloy flywheel, have since put in 283 motorsport cams, but don't think i gained much. have dta ecu coming very soon, then the serious mods begin, I am looking for over 450 flywheel hp
    cheers, Alan

My Cars
    1994 E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by morerevsm3 View Post
    this is very interesting to me, I made 275rwhp with alpha n chips, carbon airbox and home made exhaust, + alloy flywheel, have since put in 283 motorsport cams, but don't think i gained much. have dta ecu coming very soon, then the serious mods begin, I am looking for over 450 flywheel hp
    What is your target rwhp figure? do you have your 275rwhp run? would be interesting to compare to my 264rwhp runs as both cars had similar mods.

My Cars
    1994 M3
    now that I look, it was 267rwhp

275 was with the 283 cams and air filter problem (which I worked out a few days later at drags)

will be looking for somewhere around 350+ rwhp, but that is with 13.5:1 pistons, E85, forged rods, ported 3.2 head with oversize inlets, shim under bucket conversion, Ti retainers, custom cams and 9000rpm along with the DTA fast ECU
    cheers, Alan

My Cars
    1994 E36 M3
    Was your 275rwhp made in shootout mode?

That's a serious project you have going there, it's going to need some serious cam in it to make those figures, is there service life on the titanium retainers? Very cool project.
    Last edited by Shedtownracing; 03-05-2011 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    1994 M3
    it is a very old DD dyno, it is in shoot6, but doesn't print it, readings from dyno I use tend to be ~ 5hp higher than some others, he lets car run up onto front roller, so it reads a little higher, but is totally repeatable, strapping them down gives inconsistant readings depending on how tight it is strapped down.
    flow figures from head show Schrick cams are not any good for S50B32 head, catcams look much more like they are designed around the head, but I am pretty sure I will have to get my stock cams welded and reground to get what engine analyzer pro tells me I need, retainers are supposed to have a decent fatigue life, I should get 5 safe years out of them
    cheers, Alan

My Cars
    1994 E36 M3
    As long as results are repeatable and you are getting factual information it's all good. I'm currently in the process of more R&d however injector duty is at 95% so on the hunt for appropriate injectors. Are You going to retain vanos? I'd imagine with cams needed it may not be an option.

My Cars
    1994 M3
    no won't be able to run vanos

this is the 3.2 head, inlets still didn't flow enough, so now waiting on oversize valves to sort that out
    http://s291.photobucket.com/albums/l...83/Allan%20M3/
    Last edited by morerevsm3; 03-05-2011 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    cheers, Alan

My Cars
    1994 E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by morerevsm3
    now that I look, it was 267rwhp

275 was with the 283 cams and air filter problem (which I worked out a few days later at drags)

will be looking for somewhere around 350+ rwhp, but that is with 13.5:1 pistons, E85, forged rods, ported 3.2 head with oversize inlets, shim under bucket conversion, Ti retainers, custom cams and 9000rpm along with the DTA fast ECU
    Is this still going to be a street car? I can't imagine the idle quality being acceptable for street use given the camshaft specification having to be wild and the static valve timing given no vanos, also is e85 readily available in Vic? Will it have to pass emission testing?

My Cars
    1994 M3
    car will be getting caged, and raced in IP...but will remain registered and occasionally driven on the road, nearest E85 to where I live is 170ks away, will be buying it in drums until it is more widespread
    cheers, Alan

My Cars
    3.0 Euro M3, 328is track
    Where i live i go past 2 caltex's with E85, as soon as i sort my vanos issues out im converting to e85.

I made 167rwkw stock and 178rwkw with carbox airbox and alpha-n vanos/ecu chip, with some vanos issues

i'm aiming for around +225rwkw on stock tuned ecu, my tuner is very confidant he can tune the car with ostrich 2.0, Tunerpro and some xdf's ive found.

main mods will be shrick285, carbon airbox, exhaust, mainly just boltons.

BLAKE AuST

My Cars
    95M3sc, 01 740iL
    took me a supercharger to get that much

My Cars
    E24, E34 x2, E36
    I sill rekon the figure is grouse. I was pretty happy with the 284rwhp on dyno dynamics out of my schrick cammed 3.2 and was about to undertake some messing around with the Dme and manifold plenum to squeeze abit more out of it. It's really only now that the s50b3x engines have been optimized and people speaking about it. I guess the prices being lower now has them in the hands of enthusiasts willing to share thief findings for the greater good rather than moneyed up wits with a big dose of shut the hell up
    Last edited by MauiM3Mania; 01-27-2012 at 01:13 AM. Reason: profanity
    BMW’s
    90 E34 M5
    84 E24 M635csi standalone ecu with coil on plug
    94 E34 540i/6 SC 5-17psi Flex fuel/standalone ecu
    97 Z3 2.8
    97 E36 M3 euro SC still u/c

OTHERS
    11 Audi S5 APR stg2
    19 Volkswagen Amarok V6

My Cars
    1994 E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by strictlyb
    took me a supercharger to get that much
    Lol, don't forget the euro motor is a better platform from the get go, I'd say your blown package makes more average hp under the curve then mine though.

Quote Originally Posted by GazM3 View Post
    I sill rekon the figure is grouse. I was pretty happy with the 284rwhp on dyno dynamics out of my schrick cammed 3.2 and was about to undertake some messing around with the Dme and manifold plenum to squeeze abit more out of it. It's really only now that the s50b3x engines have been optimized and people speaking about it. I guess the prices being lower now has them in the hands of enthusiasts willing to share thief findings for the greater good rather than moneyed up fuckwits with a big dose of shut the hell up
    Gaz i had followed your build thread for a while, i was impressed with the grunt yours made even given its 3.2l, i remember seeing your 284hp graph but cant seem to find it now, would be interesting to compare.
    Last edited by Shedtownracing; 03-08-2011 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    1994 M3
    was a dyno comp in town today, so thought I would enter and see what these 283* cams have really done for me, I was pleasantly surprised

314.8rwhp or 234.8rwkw
    cheers, Alan

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast