Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: E91 FRM to FRM2?

My Cars
    BMW 1 e87
    *bump* Couldnīt figure it out yet..

My Cars
    2006 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by f00gami View Post
    I see no such options with toolset32 and FRM1, unfortunately.

Hi f00gami,

are you still around? I need some guidance in a FRM2 retrofit. I'm sure im not the first to ask, but you can e-mail me at srohang1@gmail.com

Thanks

My Cars
    2006 E91
    Quote Originally Posted by srohang1 View Post
    Hi f00gami,

are you still around? I need some guidance in a FRM2 retrofit. I'm sure im not the first to ask, but you can e-mail me at srohang1@gmail.com

Thanks
    i'm still around. what kind of support are you looking for? are you familiar with bmw engineering tools like winkpf, ncsexpert and toolset32?

My Cars
    2006 325i
    i'm still around. what kind of support are you looking for? are you familiar with bmw engineering tools like winkpf, ncsexpert and toolset32?

Great, I appreciate the prompt response. I just received my FRM2 module in the mail today. I will be attempting the retrofit this weekend. I have used ncsexpert to code some features on my car, but I have not used winKFP or toolset32.

I am downloading this file as I am typing:
    http://bmwcoders.com/forum/bmw-gt1-o...tool-winkfp-1/

I will be following the steps that you posted earlier, but I am not sure how to use winkfp. Do you have any suggestions? If I have any questions, I hope you don't mind helping me out. I appreciate your support.

FYI, I found this video, is this similar to what I need to do in winKFP?
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF-V4ubkuNU&feature=related[/ame]
    Last edited by srohang1; 01-31-2012 at 12:40 AM. Reason: update

My Cars
    2006 325i

f00gami, I installed the FRM2 in my car. How did you program the module using winKFP? Another forum member said:

Run Inpa and read out the assembly number from light module, run winkfp and click comfort mode, enter zusb (you need to enter the assembly number), remember the ECU name, click update adn choose the right ECU family, next step: enter VIN and click done. Next click prog zb-update, ok and wait a bit, winkfp is programming the ecu.

The problem I am running into is that INPA cannot read NFRM so I cannot get the "Ident" assembly number. Any suggestions would be very helpful. Thanks

screenshot:
    http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...7#post11286017

My Cars
    2010 BMW 318i
    I think you will find most answers in this thread. I had more problems than necessary due to a short circuit error code which came with my second-hand FRM2.

The basic steps:
    1) Remove FRM, install FRM2.
    2) Use WinKFP to program the module, make sure to enter your VIN-number before programming.
    3) Switch to NCS-EXPERT. Get your Vehicle Order from the CAS module (as we are unsure of what the FRM2 module contains.
    4) Write the Vehicle Order to module "FRM" using job "FA_WRITE"
    5) Go back to the main menu (or restart ncs-expert) and get the vehicle order from the "NFRM" module. Make sure NFRM returns YOUR VIN and YOUR VO. We want the VIN (FG) and VO (FA) to be the same in both CAS and NFRM.
    6) You now need to do the trick described by 4711 a couple of posts back, i.e. change the production date in the VO to at least #0307. If you don't do this, ncs-expert will not list NFRM (=FRM2) in the "Process ECU"-list and you won't be able to code it. Change the VO using the "Enter FA" option - remove your production date and enter #0307 (meaning march 2007).
    7) Now click "Process ECU" and select "NFRM"
    8) Switch to a profile which supports FSW_PSW manipulation and code the module using an empty FSW_PSW.MAN.

Done! The above is not exactly a step-by-step description and assumes you have some knowledge of tools like ncs-expert and WinKFP.

I used Toolset32 and a job namned "steuern_reset_kurzschlussabschaltung" which roughly translates to "control_reset_shortcircuit-shutdown". The job requires an argument - the id of the lamp circuit to reset.
    Hi,my friend,I followed your way to clear circuit warning,but I puzzled in this step: steuern_reset_kurzschlussabschaltung,how to choose the lamp_NR? Just fill in"0x05" then press the "clear" button? then F5 to get the status?

Need your help,thanks!

success! my circuit counter had been reset to 0 now,and I also clear the 9CBB wrong memory with INPA,but while I swicth lamp on,the warning show up again

Is that means my wiring is not correct?
    Last edited by davidzf; 04-04-2012 at 02:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    2007 E90 320d
    Quote Originally Posted by StudieJP View Post
    I have trouble fixing a short circuit FRM1, is it not fixable?
    I should possibly replace it with a FRM2.
    You can reset short circuit in FRM 1 also.

The job name is:

_reset_kurzschluss_sperre

My Cars
    2006 BMW E60 530D M-Spor
    Hi! I have a problem with my Angel Eye ring on one side. I've been using car for a long time while I was waiting for LED bulbs to replace the dull yellow ones.Now after replacement that side where bulb was gone for so long don't work at all. INPA says fault 9CB9. Anyway I was trying to follow the guide but when I chose status_lampen_kurzschluss_counter to check f there is short circuit on the bottom in RESULT window I have ERROR_ECU_SUBFUNCTION_NOT_SUPPORTED_INVALID_FORMAT . When I'm trying to reset by clicking reset_kurzschluss_sperre lamp_id 0 to 255 (shall I leave x05?) and clickin job_status on the other side it says in RESULTS window OKAY.But then trying to clear faults in INPA and fault is still present.What am I doing wrong?Guys please help!Regards

My Cars
    E91 2007 Bmw 335d M
    Hi Guys,

I need really Help !

Maybe I'm stupid but I don't understand how put the Lamp number... I did all the rest without problem but the story of Lamp Nr... I don't understood... In the empty line upside argument 1 and Lamp_nr I tested to write 1 or other numbers but it's not working... A Window open and in Job Status it tells me that it was not good... Problem with Ecu, command not possible or something like this...

So I think the problem comes from the Lamp_nr...

Could you please show me or a capture of Tool32 with the Lamp_nr written example.

I've seen other members don't understand like me...

thank You so much !!!

My Cars
    2006 BMW E60 530D M-Spor
    I'm waiting for same thing Gofaster!

My Cars
    E91 2007 Bmw 335d M
    Quote Originally Posted by piotreq View Post
    I'm waiting for same thing Gofaster!

Hope we would have a good reply because I'm tired by my right Rear tail light OFF... The bulb was melted... This is why my FRM module shut down this bulb. And why I want reset the Short circuit count (which is at 83>). But when I write 1 or 4 or 30, nothing is working... In the job result it tells me that Ecu can't do this operation... I'm sure I type bad the lamp nr.

I'm lost...

My Cars
    2000 328ci
    Quote Originally Posted by drawn05 View Post
    Hi, Could you please explain this process a bit more. I have open circuit errors on both my DRLs and no amount of coding work seems to fix it. The wiring is perfect and connected to where it should be.

Now when I go into stuern_lampen_kurzshlussabschaltung, it gives these options:

Arguments Data:
    0x3f

Argumente: 1
    lamp_nr

Is it the "0x3f" part that I am changing from 0-63 and then pressing f5, so like 3x3f or 62x3f?
    did you ever figure this out????

can you or someone else please explain or give a couple examples of exactly we should be putting in the arguments spot and then hit f5?

the only options in the dropdown are lamp_nr and 0x3f.

no one on any forum can give me straight answer to this and I keep getting errors no matter what i try. They just keep copying and pasting the same damn post over and over without explaining it!!!

Sorry for the anger Ive been trying to fix this for a while now hahaa

My Cars
    2011 328i e90
    So no one has ran into an issue before, figured out the problem and posted the answer. Anyway, I have the same issue with my right rear tail light, I will spare you the details because I think I have this figured out, as soon as I have a charged battery I will test it and post results.

Based on all of what I have read, ( 0x3f ) is equal to 63 in hexadecimal, so, I am not clear on half of what everyone is posting but if you've entered ( 0x3f) and it said okay and has not replied with an error it shows that hexadecimal is the accepted format for lamp_nr.

I may be wrong until I test but if you know which lamp you are are trying to clear go to the following link and look up hexadecimal and see what your number converts to in hexadecimal, if this solves your problem great, if not lets keep searching.

I will update you all on my findings, here is the link for a converter.

http://numbermonk.com/
    Last edited by IcemanBHE; 01-03-2014 at 07:22 PM.

My Cars
    2011 Z4is
    Here is the procedure for resetting the module. Read below but these instructions will help newbies like me! If you have an old version module then use "_reset_kurzschluss_sperre". Newer modules use the "steuern_reset_kurzschlussabschaltung". You can tell by sending a reset command and if you get an "OK" then you are good otherwise you will get a "lamp error". Make sure you get a "OK" when you send the job by F5. Another big deal is that I had to use Hex numbers in the input field and make sure that the "data" box is unchecked when using a hex input! As above use this for the hex numbers http://numbermonk.com. The DRL is in the 30's FYI

From Older post:

Connect cable to your car, launch Toolset32 and load FRM70.prg (for FRM2).
    - In the window called Select job: FRM_70, select the job status_lampen_kurzschluss_counter. In the list Results select job_status and the lamp output which is shut off due to short circuit protection.
    - Send the job to the car using the F5 key. You should get an answer in the Results window and the COUNTER value should be > 0. If COUNTER is = 0 then you didn't select the right lamp output. Try finding the one(s) which have COUNTER > 0. You will look at this value later to see if the short circuit reset-job actually worked.
    - Now, switch job to steuern_reset_kurzschlussabschaltung. Notice that this job requires one (1) argument: lamp_nr. Lamp_nr is a number 0-255. Enter the lamp_nr to clear in the Arguments list and select job_status under Results.
    - Send the job using F5. Make sure you get an answer OKAY in the Results window.

Note: I don't know the mapping between each lamp and lamp_nr, so I simply sent the command 64 times for all lamp_nr from 0 to 63. Try this - I guess it can't do any harm. Since lamp_nr is supposed to be an integer, I guess possible values for lamp_nr are 0-255.

When you have sent kurzschlussabschaltung-commands for all lamp_nr, do the first job again (check COUNTER). If everything is good, the counters which were > 0 before should now be = 0.

Also, I see there are two jobs which are named quite similar - steuern_lampen_kurzschlussabschaltung and _reset_kurzschluss_sperre. I don't know the difference between these two, but if one doesn't clear your counters, I would try the other one too. Both jobs require the lamp_nr-argument.

My Cars
    14 JGC/13 E88 128i
    Bringing this back again. I have a section of rear tail lights out (outer tail light bars) on the driver's side. I think the FRM just detected a short circuit because I hooked a trailer hitch wiring harness up using the left rear light for only signal indication not power. That might be too much for the FRM to tolerate.
    The 23rd I will be seeing if this reset is possible with another member that lives in the area that has the coding laptop. I will report back the results. I printed the hex code conversion since it has been 35 years since I programmed hexadecimal.

Appreciate the trouble shooting by our members as an aid to correct issues like mine...
    BMWCCA 149159

My Cars
    BMW 850 and E55 AMG
    FRM70 Lamp numbers

Code:
    LAMPNR	NAME	TEXT
    0x00	AUSGANG_FL_LINKS	Fernlicht bzw. Abbiegelicht links
    0x01	AUSGANG_FL_RECHTS	Fernlicht bzw. Abbiegelicht rechts
    0x02	AUSGANG_AL_LINKS	Abblendlicht links
    0x03	AUSGANG_AL_RECHTS	Abblendlicht rechts
    0x04	AUSGANG_BEGRL_LINKS	Begrenzungslicht links
    0x05	AUSGANG_BEGRL_RECHTS	Begrenzungslicht rechts
    0x06	AUSGANG_NSW_LINKS	Nebelscheinwerfer links, PL3 ab 07/14 und (SA5A1 oder SA896): Bremslicht links
    0x07	AUSGANG_NSW_RECHTS	Nebelscheinwerfer rechts, PL3 ab 07/14 und (SA5A1 oder SA896): Bremslicht rechts
    0x08	AUSGANG_FRA_LINKS_VORN	Fahrtrichtungsanzeiger links vorne
    0x09	AUSGANG_FRA_RECHTS_VORN	Fahrtrichtungsanzeiger rechts vorne
    0x0A	AUSGANG_FRA_LINKS_HINTEN	Fahrtrichtungsanzeiger links hinten
    0x0B	AUSGANG_FRA_RECHTS_HINTEN	Fahrtrichtungsanzeiger rechts hinten
    0x0C	AUSGANG_R56_CS_ORANGE	PL3: Colour-Switch Orange,  sonst: LED-Zusatz-Fahrtrichtungsanzeiger links
    0x0D	AUSGANG_R56_CS_BLAU	PL3: Colour-Switch Blau,  sonst: LED-Zusatz-Fahrtrichtungsanzeiger rechts
    0x0E	AUSGANG_BREMSLICHT_LINKS	Bremslicht links, PL3 ab 07/14 und SA5A1: Tagfahrlicht LED, PL3 ab 07/14 und SA896: Tagfahrlicht links
    0x0F	AUSGANG_BREMSLICHT_RECHTS	Bremslicht rechts, PL3 ab 07/14 und SA5A1: Nebelscheinwerfer LED, PL3 ab 07/14 und SA896: Tagfahrlicht rechts
    0x10	AUSGANG_BREMSLICHT_MITTE	Bremslicht mitte
    0x11	AUSGANG_SL_BL_LINKS_1	Schlusslicht/Bremslicht links 1
    0x12	AUSGANG_SL_BL_RECHTS_1	Schlusslicht/Bremslicht rechts 1
    0x13	AUSGANG_E70_SL_BL_LINKS_2_R56_SML_LV_RH	E70: Schlusslicht links 2, R56: Seitenmarkierungsleuchte links vorne, rechts hinten
    0x14	AUSGANG_E70_SL_BL_RECHTS_2_R56_SML_RV_LH	E70: Schlusslicht rechts 2, R56: Seitenmarkierungsleuchte rechts vorne, links hinten
    0x15	AUSGANG_KZL	Kennzeichenlicht
    0x16	AUSGANG_INNENBELEUCHTUNG	Innenbeleuchtung
    0x17	AUSGANG_NSL_LINKS	Nebelschlusslicht, US: Break-Force-Display links
    0x18	AUSGANG_NSL_RECHTS	Nebelschlusslicht, US: Break-Force-Display rechts
    0x19	AUSGANG_RFL_LINKS	Rueckfahrlicht links
    0x1A	AUSGANG_RFL_RECHTS	Rueckfahrlicht rechts
    0x1B	AUSGANG_BFD_LINKS	Break-Force-Display links
    0x1C	AUSGANG_BFD_RECHTS	Break-Force-Display rechts
    0x1D	AUSGANG_DRL_LINKS	Tagfahrlicht links
    0x1E	AUSGANG_DRL_RECHTS	Tagfahrlicht rechts
    0x1F	AUSGANG_KLEMME_58G	Klemme 58g
    0x20	AUSGANG_BIXENONKLAPPE	Bixenonklappe
    0x21	AUSGANG_SMC	SMC
    0x22	AUSGANG_FRA_ZUSATZ_LINKS	FRM3R: Zusatz-Fahrtrichtungsanzeiger links
    0x23	AUSGANG_FRA_ZUSATZ_RECHTS	FRM3R: Zusatz-Fahrtrichtungsanzeiger rechts
    0x24	AUSGANG_FUSSRAUMLEUCHTE	FRM3R: Fussraumleuchte
    0x25	AUSGANG_R56_CS_GRUEN	FRM3R: PL3: Colour-Switch Gruen,  sonst: Kl58G Bedienteilbeleuchtung
    0xFF	UNKNOWN	unbekannte Lampe

FRM87 Lamp Numbers

Code:
    LAMPNR	NAME	TEXT
    0x00	AUSGANG_FL_LINKS	Fernlicht links, E92/E93: Abbiegelicht links
    0x01	AUSGANG_FL_RECHTS	Fernlicht rechts, E92/E93: Abbiegelicht rechts
    0x02	AUSGANG_AL_LINKS	Abblendlicht links
    0x03	AUSGANG_AL_RECHTS	Abblendlicht rechts
    0x04	AUSGANG_BEGRL_LINKS	Begrenzungslicht links
    0x05	AUSGANG_BEGRL_RECHTS	Begrenzungslicht rechts
    0x06	AUSGANG_NSW_LINKS	Nebelscheinwerfer links
    0x07	AUSGANG_NSW_RECHTS	Nebelscheinwerfer rechts
    0x08	AUSGANG_FRA_LINKS_VORN	Fahrtrichtungsanzeiger links vorne
    0x09	AUSGANG_FRA_RECHTS_VORN	Fahrtrichtungsanzeiger rechts vorne
    0x0A	AUSGANG_FRA_LINKS_HINTEN	Fahrtrichtungsanzeiger links hinten
    0x0B	AUSGANG_FRA_RECHTS_HINTEN	Fahrtrichtungsanzeiger rechts hinten
    0x0C	UNBELEGT_1	unbelegt 1
    0x0D	AUSGANG_BEL_WBL_TASTE	Beleuchtung WBL-Taster
    0x0E	AUSGANG_BREMSLICHT_LINKS	Bremslicht links
    0x0F	AUSGANG_BREMSLICHT_RECHTS	Bremslicht rechts
    0x10	AUSGANG_BREMSLICHT_MITTE	Bremslicht mitte
    0x11	AUSGANG_SL_BL_LINKS_1	Schlusslicht/Bremslicht links 1, E92/E93: Tagfahrlicht links
    0x12	AUSGANG_SL_BL_RECHTS_1	Schlusslicht/Bremslicht rechts 1, E92/E93: Tagfahrlicht rechts
    0x13	AUSGANG_SL_BL_LINKS_2	Schlusslicht/Bremslicht links 2
    0x14	AUSGANG_SL_BL_RECHTS_2	Schlusslicht/Bremslicht rechts 2
    0x15	AUSGANG_KZL	Kennzeichenlicht
    0x16	AUSGANG_INNENBELEUCHTUNG	Innenbeleuchtung
    0x17	AUSGANG_NSL_LINKS	Nebelschlusslicht links
    0x18	AUSGANG_NSL_RECHTS	Nebelschlusslicht rechts
    0x19	AUSGANG_RFL_LINKS	Rueckfahrlicht links
    0x1A	AUSGANG_RFL_RECHTS	Rueckfahrlicht rechts
    0x1B	AUSGANG_BFD_LINKS	Break-Force-Display links
    0x1C	AUSGANG_BFD_RECHTS	Break-Force-Display rechts
    0x1D	AUSGANG_KL_58G	Klemme 58g
    0x1E	AUSGANG_FLC_LED	LED Fahrtlichtkontrolle
    0x1F	AUSGANG_VORFELD_BEL	LED Vorfeldbeleuchtung
    0xFF	UNKNOWN	unbekannte Lampe

With any luck, these might be able to speed you up.

Giftschrank Projekt

My Cars
    14 JGC/13 E88 128i
    Thanks
    Need to reset the driver's side outer 3 band running lights, one of those you posted has to be it.
    Will post results good or bad.
    BMWCCA 149159

My Cars
    14 JGC/13 E88 128i
    Thanks to enda320 I used a translator for both FRM 87 and 70 from German to English.

FRM 87 LAMP NUMBER
    NAME LAMPNR TEXT
    0x00 high beam headlights AUSGANG_FL_LINKS on the left, E92 / E93: Abbiegelicht on the left
    0x01 high beam headlights AUSGANG_FL_RECHTS on the right, E92 / E93: Abbiegelicht on the right
    0x02 dimmed headlights AUSGANG_AL_LINKS on the left
    0x03 dimmed headlights AUSGANG_AL_RECHTS on the right
    0x04 sidelight AUSGANG_BEGRL_LINKS on the left
    0x05 sidelight AUSGANG_BEGRL_RECHTS on the right
    0x06 fog lamp AUSGANG_NSW_LINKS on the left
    0x07 fog lamp AUSGANG_NSW_RECHTS on the right
    0x08 direction indicator AUSGANG_FRA_LINKS_VORN on the left in front
    0x09 direction indicator AUSGANG_FRA_RECHTS_VORN on the right in front
    0x0A direction indicator AUSGANG_FRA_LINKS_HINTEN on the left behind
    0x0B direction indicator AUSGANG_FRA_RECHTS_HINTEN on the right behind
    0x0C UNBELEGT_1 uncovered 1
    0x0D lighting AUSGANG_BEL_WBL_TASTE WBL tracer
    0x0E stoplight AUSGANG_BREMSLICHT_LINKS on the left
    0x0F stoplight AUSGANG_BREMSLICHT_RECHTS on the right
    0x10 stoplight AUSGANG_BREMSLICHT_MITTE mitte
    0x11 AUSGANG_SL_BL_LINKS_1 tail light / stoplight on the left 1, E92 / E93: Day driving light on the left
    0x12 AUSGANG_SL_BL_RECHTS_1 tail light / stoplight on the right 1, E92 / E93: Day driving light on the right
    0x13 AUSGANG_SL_BL_LINKS_2 tail light / stoplight to the left of 2
    0x14 AUSGANG_SL_BL_RECHTS_2 tail light / stoplight to the right of 2
    0x15 sign light AUSGANG_KZL
    0x16 interior lighting AUSGANG_INNENBELEUCHTUNG
    0x17 AUSGANG_NSL_LINKS nebulous tail light on the left
    0x18 AUSGANG_NSL_RECHTS nebulous tail light on the right
    0x19 back driving light AUSGANG_RFL_LINKS on the left
    0x1A back driving light AUSGANG_RFL_RECHTS on the right
    0x1B break Force display AUSGANG_BFD_LINKS on the left
    0x1C break Force display AUSGANG_BFD_RECHTS on the right
    0x1D clip AUSGANG_KL_58G 58 gs

FRM 70 LAMP NUMBERS
    NAME LAMPNR TEXT
    0x00 high beam headlights AUSGANG_FL_LINKS or Abbiegelicht on the left
    0x01 high beam headlights AUSGANG_FL_RECHTS or Abbiegelicht on the right
    0x02 dimmed headlights AUSGANG_AL_LINKS on the left
    0x03 dimmed headlights AUSGANG_AL_RECHTS on the right
    0x04 sidelight AUSGANG_BEGRL_LINKS on the left
    0x05 sidelight AUSGANG_BEGRL_RECHTS on the right
    0x06 fog lamp AUSGANG_NSW_LINKS on the left, PL3 from 07/14 and (SA5A1 or SA896): Stoplight on the left
    0x07 fog lamp AUSGANG_NSW_RECHTS on the right, PL3 from 07/14 and (SA5A1 or SA896): Stoplight on the right
    0x08 direction indicator AUSGANG_FRA_LINKS_VORN on the left in front
    0x09 direction indicator AUSGANG_FRA_RECHTS_VORN on the right in front
    0x0A direction indicator AUSGANG_FRA_LINKS_HINTEN on the left behind
    0x0B direction indicator AUSGANG_FRA_RECHTS_HINTEN on the right behind
    0x0C AUSGANG_R56_CS_ORANGE PL3: Colour-Switch orange, but: LED addition direction indicator on the left
    0x0D AUSGANG_R56_CS_BLAU PL3: Colour-Switch blue, but: LED addition direction indicator on the right
    0x0E stoplight AUSGANG_BREMSLICHT_LINKS on the left, PL3 from 07/14 and SA5A1: Day driving light LED, PL3 from 07/14 and SA896: Day driving light on the left
    0x0F stoplight AUSGANG_BREMSLICHT_RECHTS on the right, PL3 from 07/14 and SA5A1: Fog lamp LED, PL3 from 07/14 and SA896: Day driving light on the right
    0x10 stoplight AUSGANG_BREMSLICHT_MITTE mitte
    0x11 AUSGANG_SL_BL_LINKS_1 tail light / stoplight on the left 1
    0x12 AUSGANG_SL_BL_RECHTS_1 tail light / stoplight on the right 1
    0x13 AUSGANG_E70_SL_BL_LINKS_2_R56_SML_LV_RH E70: Tail light to the left of 2, R56: Side mark light on the left in front, on the right behind
    0x14 AUSGANG_E70_SL_BL_RECHTS_2_R56_SML_RV_LH E70: Tail light to the right of 2, R56: Side mark light on the right in front, on the left behind
    0x15 sign light AUSGANG_KZL
    0x16 interior lighting AUSGANG_INNENBELEUCHTUNG
    0x17 AUSGANG_NSL_LINKS nebulous tail light, the US: Break Force display on the left
    0x18 AUSGANG_NSL_RECHTS nebulous tail light, the US: Break Force display on the right
    0x19 back driving light AUSGANG_RFL_LINKS on the left
    BMWCCA 149159

My Cars
    14 JGC/13 E88 128i
    Well spent a good deal of time tonight with a friend who had coded a number of BMWs and is familiar with the NCS-Tool32-etc. Here again is the problem with my E93 the left rear outer light bands are not functioning. These are not brake lights but parking/running lights. The inner panel attached to the trunk work fine.
    Based on this and the fact that power to those lights isn't being received we ran through the lamp data looking for a counter code greater than zero which would indicate a malfunction. Not one counter indicated anything but zero.

I think we didn't enter the hexadecimal code correctly as when we tried to enter it the tool would not accept it.
    I am planning to provide my friend post #64 as I think we may have made a mistake there.

Did code Kombi to provide accurate digital display on the instrument panel vs just a D for drive.

More when we attack this again...
    BMWCCA 149159

My Cars
    E91 318d
    Great post, a lot of info for upgrading FRM...
    One stupid question...if we disregard the need for FRM2 when upgrading to Xenon light, is there any particular reason for upgrade from FRM1 to FRM2(3), what are the advantages of a newer version of FRM2(3)?

Thanks
    mIRO

My Cars
    2014 330i
    Hm, that seem like a really odd probem. But I thank everyone that has posted an answer because it helps with other peoples problems.

My Cars
    E90 M3, S13 240SX
    Any luck on this? I'm having almost the exact same issue but I do actually see the short circuit counters that have counted up. I simply cannot find the reset job in Tool32 when I load FRM_70. I've confirmed that I have FRM2 which uses FRM70 so i'm not sure where to go next... I've spent hours in my car running all of the status jobs to see if theres anything that might make it obvious but I've gotten nowhere.

My Cars
    BMW 850 and E55 AMG
    OK, I did this today, all with INPA leads and tools32.

1) Check your FRM for fault codes, you should see short circuit protection or the equiv. and German, and it won't clear.
    If should also say which circuit set it off, make a mental note if you haven't already, and you can shut down INPA go to tool32

Fire that up, file>load sgbd and pick you FRM type.

You can look through the jobs and find STATUS_LAMPEN_KURZSCHLUSS and then press the "run once" button, looks like "1x>" at the top, and this will give a list of the short circuit states.

This will probably be a lot of zeroes, and a 1 in the faulty circuit.

Click the Tabellen info tab, usually hiding in the bottom left corner, or you can select it from the "windows" option on the program header at the top.

Zip down through the list of tables until you see LAMPNRTEXTE which is a list on the lamp's hex codes. Find the one which has the problem and remember the number, or numbers if you have a few busted.

Back to the tool32 main window, and go to _RESET_KURZSCHLUSS_SPERRE aka RESET SHORTCIRUIT PROTECTION

In the argument box, type 0x3e for example, i.e whatever the bulb was which had a problem, and press the "run once" button. You should get a window pop up, and it'll have JOB STATUS OKAY! written in it.
    Repeat if you have more than one bulb gone etc.

You can now go back with INPA, check the code, and delete it, and you'll see it shouldn't return. (or run the FS_LESEN job in tool32, to check, and then the FS_LOESCHEN job to clear, but it does look like tool32 wants you to tell it the fault code number to delete)

If you want to have a look at your options without pluging into a car, click configuration>ediabas in tool32, and tick the SIMULATION box.
    Don't worry about the "no sim file" message, those are pretty basic and dull anyway, they just pretend there is a fault to play with.

Giftschrank Projekt

My Cars
    F10
    Thank you so much everyone for all this info!!!!

Could anyone tell me if I can reset the FRM module in my E70? It crapped out while coding it with NCS-Expert and I have no idea why.

My Cars
    2009 X5 4.8i (E70)
    I want to thank enda! Reset LCM perfectly!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast