Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: E91 FRM to FRM2?

My Cars
    2006 BMW E91
    Hi all!
    I have an E91 with a fault LCM that is shutting down the left rear parking light (the one above the stop light and under the direction indicator...).
    I read all this post and I think I can reset the counter and then cancel the error, right?
    My first question is: I saw i have to use tools32 and load the right FRM, but how can I know which FRM I have?
    Thank you and excuse me for my very newbie question...

Thanks in advance!!
    Last edited by scarsaus; 05-14-2015 at 06:00 AM.

My Cars
    E92 335i
    Hi there,
    I have an issue where my right DRL shorts out. I can reset the short counter and the lights lights up, but after driving for a while, I get the Right side DRL light failure again...

I've brought it to some BMW mechanics that have the OBD tools, and they recommend replacing the FRM. Is this logical? I'm thinking the error is in the short somewhere in the lights?

Replacing either one and being wrong would be a costly mistake. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

My Cars
    BMW 850 and E55 AMG
    It could be either.

The FRM works like this - is will deactivate a circuit when it detects a problem, and a bulb can be changed and the error corrected.
    If the system is reset again and again, the system will think that the fault must be internal if attempts to fix it outside haven't worked, and it will permanently deactivate the circuit.
    This is the reset that the official BMW tools can't reset, but tool32 can.

It doesn't give any clues though as to whether you do have the internal fault of the FRM that the short-circuit counter was planned for, or if there is a chafing wire somewhere in the loom that is tripping things.

It might be very hard to track down if it is just a bare wire that occasionally grounds itself on the chassis, as it might not always be there to find.

Giftschrank Projekt

My Cars
    E92 335i 2007
    Hi

Im still struggeling with me xenon lights , I got new ballast for both sides , and new headlight on right side. Low beams are working , but only hi beam on left side . I dont have power frm ballast to shutter.
    I think I have the wire fix on the ground wire for the left side, but this wont do me no good if I have no positive from ballast to operate shutter.

I looked in INPA and find no faults in frm_87 , checked in tool32 too same there , even tried a circut erase for my right hi beam. Still nothing

Im now without car and wont pass MOT before I get this fixed.

Please help me anyone

My Cars
    E92 335i 2007
    Ah, finally , I had my moment today. Struggled with getting high beams to work after new ballast install. Did the splice fix on connector to ballast and got hibeam on driver side.

Today after messing about with this for ages , I gave up, ending up in finding the reason for no hibeam on passenger side, broken wire, the #5 in socket needs give positive or no function of shutter. Fixed and now all good.

Always check your wires hahaha , feel stupid, I must admit that , but I dont care , I have hibeams again

My Cars
    X5 E70 35d 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by stlye312 View Post
    Thank you so much everyone for all this info!!!!

Could anyone tell me if I can reset the FRM module in my E70? It crapped out while coding it with NCS-Expert and I have no idea why.
    Did you get this resolve?
    Same issue here...
    Any advice?
    Thanks!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234