Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: e36 Drift truck s38 powered

My Cars
    95 325I
    What is your PTV clearance?
    ( originally posted by PROTOMOR )
    "It's like telling your child it's ok to snort coke off a cheap hooker's ass. It's ok if you do it, but you really shouldn't. And by doing it in front of your child, you are telling them it's ok to snort coke off a cheap hooker's ass. "

My Cars
    e36 m3 rip, e36 truck :D
    hmmmm, never measured ptv clearance. guess I could if I felt the valves were smacking piston, but that's a b#$ch to measure.
    now that the head is off I'm gonna put the cams on and play with lash and see if the valves are closed with the cams in. and can also do the same leak test with the cams on tdc in each cylinder once I replace the valves in cyl 2 and 3 which aparently have leaky valves.

just gonna take my time and make damn sure everything is good this time round

VROOOOOOOM

My Cars
    95 325I
    No its super easy to measure. Put some kids playdough on the top of the piston and put the head on. Rotate the crank a couple times take off the head. You will see where the valves squashed the dough just measure the thickness with a caliper. If nothing else you can rule it out.
    "It's like telling your child it's ok to snort coke off a cheap hooker's ass. It's ok if you do it, but you really shouldn't. And by doing it in front of your child, you are telling them it's ok to snort coke off a cheap hooker's ass. "

My Cars
    galant vr4 S13
    Some motivational video action for you brother, looking forward to seeing that truck of your sliding!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCgbrDTHmOc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCgbrDTHmOc[/ame]

Looks like the long lost package of automotive goodies for the E30 may actually be leaving Brazil and in transit to Thailand now thanks again for the ridiculous shipment issues USPS

My Cars
    1994 bmw 325is
    subbed just read through the whole build. epic stuff. +1 to the show winning prospect. there has to be a magazine or two that would like to feature this.

My Cars
    318iS, 328i, 2002
    Epic build, man. Sorry to hear about the latest misfortunes. How do the valve seats look? I've seen bent valves nick them and kill compression for the next set of valves. I'm not doubting you here, just throwing ideas out there; I'm assuming you bought used valves, and they were 100% straight (seeing as you spent a good deal of time lapping them, you would have noticed), but it appears they're bent again...so, my question is: Is the thing definitely timed correctly? Once again, not trying to sound like a dick, but I know that we all misread marks and gauges sometimes. Best of luck to you getting her running--I much prefer seeing this over anything out of Japan under the hood!

My Cars
    1997 M3
    Incredible. Fantastic work!

My Cars
    99 E36 m3 (conv)
    Wow, cant wait to see some pics and vids of this thing in action!!! keep it up man!! youll get there!

LOVE BMWS (///MOTORSPORTS POWER)
    M52 E36 M3 Vert

My Cars
    so an update without anything to update as I haven't gotten around to touching anything,
    head is off with new valves to lap into two cylinders, verified leak from 4 exhaust valves, and that's about all she wrote......

Thankyou kind sirs for complimenting this piece of metal that likes to sit....

How do the valve seats look?
    looked good when I lapped in the last time, couldn't see any imperfection.

I'm assuming you bought used valves, and they were 100% straight
    I couldn't notice any imperfection in them whatsoever.

Is the thing definitely timed correctly?
    Yup, went over it again and again to verify the marks matching up once spun and what not.

so the living situation is a changing for me these days and I no longer have a place to store a racecar nor really own one...........I have a buddy that will house it for a limited time, but really its becoming a burden for where life is taking me these days.......

if anyone wants to fork 6500 I'll give you the whole scabang with everything I have, documentation wise, extra parts wise, etccccc wise to make this thing as smoothe and as easy as possible for ya....
    orrrrrr....
    if someone has a nice rider to trade for this project racecar that maybe isn't so racecar and I could drive daily n play some driftie games, I'm game too............

VROOOOOOOM

My Cars
    1995 540i/6
    Just keep it. everyone sells their time for nothing, you'll regret losing it

"If you go a 100% you're perfect. If you go 99.9% you're not perfect. If you go 100.1%, you're history, maybe." -Hans Stuck

My Cars
    95 325I
    You tried to pull this crap once before. Stop looking for an easy way out and get that thing done You have come wayyy to far to cop now.

DO WORK!!!!

My Cars
    X535D 323iS Z4 i3
    Great project,S38 FTW.
    I am not sure if you checked and set the valve clearance after you installed the new valves.Usually after installing new valve/lapping a smaller shim is required.
    Dont give up on the project,this would be a killer machine once it runs properly.

My Cars
    87 swapp e30,boosted e36
    Loltrade ya

Jacques Cousteau could never get this low

My Cars
    1994 bmw 325is
    I recall there being something about "finish or ban!" You should finish it, besides the Bimmerforums would miss you.

My Cars
    I am not sure if you checked and set the valve clearance after you installed the new valves.Usually after installing new valve/lapping a smaller shim is required.
    didn't do a valve adjustment which I now know caused me to have zero compression on cylinder 6 exhaust valves when I threw on the head, but after taking it off again (where it sits now) There are a few leaky valves also to swap out..........
    had I the place, money, time I'd certainly be lapping in valves that I already have, adjusting em propperly, and vrooooommin

Yes I will regret losing it and will also regret keeping it.

Loltrade ya
    what we got?

Just keep it. everyone sells their time for nothing, you'll regret losing it
    yup......

I recall there being something about "finish or ban!"

I totally deserve to be banned..............

VROOOOOOOM

My Cars
    1995 540i/6
    someone arrest him, he needs mental help!!

"If you go a 100% you're perfect. If you go 99.9% you're not perfect. If you go 100.1%, you're history, maybe." -Hans Stuck

My Cars
    galant vr4 S13
    Spending to much time building other peoples cars brother

Good to see you've not lost the love for your project, can't wait to see it in action.

My Cars
    BMW
    So awesome.

My Cars
    '92 TRM E36 / '05 325ci
    I am going to do this. I am a purist, but it would be so sick to have a pickup bed to me. Bravo mang. My E36 is already my ol' reliable, so this would suit her well!

My Cars
    E30/E34/E36/MK2GLI/E46M3

E36 Drift Truck

You have gone way way too far to let this thing die with motor problems. The Ute must be finished. The 6 year olds paintwork is cool and very creative (maybe just clearcoat over it),but as an alterative I might just go with the OEM Boston Green. That hood needs a Power Dome ala E92 M3...

My Cars
    BMW
    Is the shell for sale? Would love to show up to club loose with this and I'm in the market for a 240 or other drift toy

Sent from my ipad while dropping a deuce

My Cars
    galant vr4 S13
    I don't believe Dustin will or should EVER sell this wonderful creation! I know he will be driving and sliding it one day soon only a matter of time

My Cars
    rwd WRX, but i hump e36s

No selling allowed

^ indeed. The ute has been moved to my garage. Deal was free storage for finishing the thing, not selling it!

My Cars
    wow, this thing has fallen off the face of the earth.

well since no one had purchased her, I have slowly been tinkering with nearly no motivation, time, nor funds........
    butttt
    what better to bring this post back from the dead than life itself

[ame]http://youtu.be/NiKfcjbUz0E[/ame]

I still have much to do, but vroooom

VROOOOOOOM

My Cars
    Dicktone Limo
    that thing is BADLY misfiring lol

glad its up though!

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast