Hi All

If any one can help me plz in dis v57 installation

thanks.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    What is your question???

My Cars
    2005 BMW e60
    sorry for late but i have some internet problems can you give me general line and cd's required.

and how you solve port mapper problem

thanks.

My Cars
    328xi
    David (and others), I want to that you for all your help in getting me set up using DIS v44! Super work and many thanks. I got it running and plugged cable to my car and asked to read car. However, my car is not listed (using DIS v44, my car is an 07 328xi, and only cars that come up under e90 are 325's and 330's, I figured this might happen). So, I guess I need v 57 (unless you know how to get this to work on my car). Anyway, I've got a copy of v57 I found about a year ago on the forums. I set up a new VM "machine" to install it. Installed DIS v44 base first, like the directions said. Then mount DIS v57 programs using Daemon. So far, so good. However, when I try to install v57 (when DIS comes up, I go to administrator, then install), it first has a warning of some kind. I'm not at that computer right now, but something about software needs to be verified. I click okay and continue install. Now, somewhere during install (where you get all those xxxx's), the machine freezes and no more new x's appear in the rows and the "mouse pointer" freezes as well and I can't do anyting, so I'm forced to shut down guest in VM menu. I've doine this about 4 times by now.

I did have a previous VM machine set up about a year ago and this v57 did install on that (at least I think it did although I didn't hook it up to the car as I didn't own car et, just wanted to get software prepped) but eventually removed that machine (which I now regret).

And if it turns out that for some reason, my version of v57 is bad, any idea where to get a version that will work for me (doesn't have ot be v57, just any version will do)?

Any thoughts? Thanks!

The waring I get that I mentioned above when installing v57 says:

Caution: For installation purposes the desired CD "DIS Programs" must be activated". I hit okay after that, it begins to install and then freezes as noted above.

Any help?
    Last edited by orangedawg; 02-25-2011 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Aminsaad, if you are installing v57 on the EasyDIS base the portmapper issue is related to your network card configuration. Follow the instructions here READ THIS FIRST.pdf to configure your network adapter and rebuild the kernel.

Orangedawg, the problem is with your DIS v57 disk. Depending upon what format the file has been saved in, you may need to mount it using Daemontools or PowerISO.

My Cars
    328xi
    I did mount the dis v57 using daemon tools pro standard edition. It's weird because it will begin to install, and the "x"s appear for a while and then it just freezes and the x's stop running across the screen and the mouse control freezes and I can't move it, so I end up having to shut down guest using vm menu.

The file is 1.3 gig in size and says it's a "standard iso image" (at least that's what daemon tools says for format.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    This sounds as though the disk may be damaged/corrupted. The file is the correct size, but that does not mean that the content is readable.

My Cars
    328xi
    Yeah, the v57 I had must have been bad. Found another copy and downloaded it. It installed just fine and passed api test! I also had TIS that I downloaded last summer and installed it as well and it works just fine. So, now I've got a v44, which won't work with my 07 e90, and v57 which should. Haven't hooked v57 up to car yet, but hopefully I'll be good to go.

Many thanks!

My Cars
    E60
    Hello.

I have a problem when i start diagnose, then come the message: "diagnostic connector is not ok" but i can read with the button "manual"

Sorry for my bad english.
    Please help me.

Edit:

I have a question more: How many (Vmnet1 Adapter) must added to virtual machine.
    I mean menu Host Virtual Adapters.

I have 3 Vmnet Adapter addet.
    Last edited by zinnik1; 02-27-2011 at 05:01 PM.

My Cars
    2005 BMW e60
    David thanks alot for your help

My Cars
    328xi
    David, just an FYI, but v57 works perfect now, as does TIS (there is a ton of great info on the car in TIS!).. Thanks so much!!

My Cars
    2002 bmw z3 roadster
    where can i download the diagnostic DIS 57 software? thanks much.

My Cars
    BMW 6spd 550i w Sport Pk
    I can't get DIS to update no matter what I do. Tried mounting the image in Daemon tools and I tried burning the files to a data disc and I keep getting error messages "installation complete with faults -250" and no DIS medium installed. Im stumped

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    There is something wrong with the disk or the download. I have experienced this problem before and re-downloading, extracting and burning the files to a new disk fixed the problem.

My Cars
    BMW 6spd 550i w Sport Pk
    Do I have to extract every single file that’s in the download? There’s probably ten different winrar files. Does DIS Automatically recognize these files after I extract them even though they’re in separate folders? I just don’t understand how the update involves individual folders instead of one file. And David, thanks again for all of your help.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    If the file you downloaded is DIS v57.iso, it is not compressed and you can set your CD drive to read the .iso image. If it is DIS v57.rar, it is in compressed format and the master file will need to be extracted using WinRAR. To the best of my recollection, it is a fairly big file (the .iso version is 1.334Gb), but I am sure that I didn't just plonk the 6 individually rar'ed parts into a DIS v57 master file and then rar that.

My Cars
    BMW 6spd 550i w Sport Pk
    Sheesh. I have no clue which is the master file and I think that could be my problem. I’ve made a data disc with both the DAT and DAS folders and dis can’t read them. Which file is it? In what folder? What name?

My Cars
    BMW 6spd 550i w Sport Pk
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    If the file you downloaded is DIS v57.iso, it is not compressed and you can set your CD drive to read the .iso image. If it is DIS v57.rar, it is in compressed format and the master file will need to be extracted using WinRAR. To the best of my recollection, it is a fairly big file (the .iso version is 1.334Gb), but I am sure that I didn't just plonk the 6 individually rar'ed parts into a DIS v57 master file and then rar that.
    there are two files that are over 1gb...im completely frustrated on how I cant manage to resolve this issue. Ive tried PowerIso, daemon, and still get the same error messages. The only thing I havent tried is another download of DisV57 which is almost impossible to find anywhere. The file you sent is in Rar format but like i mentioned before there a bunch of other files that need extracting once I extract the file initially. Is it DAT? DOKU? CIPB? What happens to the other stuff in the download?

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Open a dropbox account and PM me with the login details and I will upload the v57 .iso for you.

My Cars
    BMW 6spd 550i w Sport Pk
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    Open a dropbox account and PM me with the login details and I will upload the v57 .iso for you.
    You have pm. Thanks.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    It's done.

My Cars
    2007 E61 530xd
    Could you please upload for me as well?

My Cars
    bmw 325i
    Hey guys, i installed DIS running on a virtual machine. My diagnostic head however does not get recognized from DIS or SSS. Its likely my EDIABAS file or virtual machine isn't set up right. My Car been sitting for 5 months on a DME swap. help please
    m sure its a small fix via teamveiwer