Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tell me your symptoms of faulty engine mounts

My Cars
    E34iT, E30i
    Mine manifested itself as a pretty violent clunk on 1-2 upshifts on my 540i/6. Fixed it, pulled the motor for a swap a year later and the DS mount was torn/leaking already. I dont' know what's out there but I'm thinking I should look for some poly mounts or something.

My Cars
    2006 BMW 330i
    I have a e90 330i. Started 2 weeks ago, car has a really bad shutter vibration feel at idle around 700 rpm. i have new spark plugs, no check engine light, so i ruled out bad coil packs. i cleaned MAF sensor, I cleaned throttle body, I dont have any leaks, I did fuel treatments for injectors and all. i dont know what else it could be. and i did go to mechanic and he said motor mounts are still enough to not make the car do what it is doing. and it does it while car is on with/without ac being on, and it is not just at start up, it is all the time. very fustrated with this now. please help if you can

- - - Updated - - -

I have a e90 330i. Started 2 weeks ago, car has a really bad shutter vibration feel at idle around 700 rpm. I have new spark plugs, no check engine light, so I ruled out bad coil packs. I cleaned MAF sensor, I cleaned throttle body, I don't have any leaks, I did fuel treatments for injectors and all. I don't know what else it could be. and I did go to mechanic and he said motor mounts are still goodenough to not make the car do what it is doing. and it does it while car is on with/without ac being on, and it is not just at start up, it is all the time. very frustrated with this now. please help if you can

My Cars
    1999 BMW 528i
    Quote Originally Posted by Elekta View Post
    When I take my foot off the brake after a hard brake, I get a clunk under my butt. Is that a mount? If I pump them a certain way I can get a clunk every time. DS and CSB are year old and change and the DS drives perfectly. I think a mount has gone somewhere or a carrier is bad.
    Did you ever find out what the problem was? I'm currently having an issue that sounds similar. When I turn the steering wheel at certain points and pump the brakes or let go after a hard (and sometimes normal) stop, I hear a clunking sound from the passenger front side. I did drive over a curb twice and bent a lower control arm (which have been replaced). All other suspension parts are in need of change but I never had this problem till after a couple days of rain recently. Nothing looks bent or broken and i did disassemble the brake system, lube the caliper slide pins, and clean off some brake dust and it still happens.

My Cars
    e34 540ia/e32 740il
    Holy thread revival! You know you have bad m60 engine mounts when the torque of the motor lifts it up high enough on the driver's side to cut through your upper radiator hose. I've had this happen on more than one occasion.
    Last edited by m60power; 12-01-2018 at 07:48 PM.

My Cars
    various
    They're cheap, your car is old. Just do it on spec.

My Cars
    1990 535i
    Check the anti sway bar links, lift the car to check.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12