Thread: smoked a firebird and saw the diablo owner today

another race today, hehe.
    i was on the way to the citrus park mall and there was a silver newish camaro SS in the left lane. it had a sweet sounding exhaust. i figured he was probalby in the badrap.com group. i was trying to get in a position for clear road, but no luck. then a black firebird came up behind me, right on my tail. we were going in the 40ish mph range. stopped at a light, i was a couple of cars in line. it cleared up and i was able to get to a clear spot ahead on the right. the camaro didn't come up, but the firebird got behind me, then beside me,
    he looked over and said "you wanna run?", i said yes,
    and we nailed it. hehe,,,, i wish i could have seen his face,,, i again, as you might expect was intentionally running at 4k rpms when i hit the "go pedal". i smoked him badly. then at the "T" where elrich runs into gunn, i turned right, then into a parking lot. he pulled in beside me, i said "you've been had, i got a turbo and it runs 11 sec's in the 1/4 mile" he said,, i knew you had something. then i said he should check out the Badrap.com group and he said he's already in it. then i told him i was tampaturbom3 on their board. we then went our separate ways... me with a big smile on my face.
    then, in the mall, at waldenbooks was the owner of the Diablo from last night. i patted him on the back and said,, what happened to you last night?? i followed you and flashed my lights....???? he said,,, oh,, that was you?? i said,, "take it easy" and went to the magazine section...
    Tommy aka TampaTurboM3
    95 AA turbo M3
    11.679 @ 118.79 1/4 mile 11/20/2004
    Daily Driven, Stock Looking

here is the link to his post on the badrap.com board from today,, hehe nice guy.

http://www.badrap.net/ubb/Forum8/HTML/000150.html

enjoy
    Tommy aka TampaTurboM3
    95 AA turbo M3
    11.679 @ 118.79 1/4 mile 11/20/2004
    Daily Driven, Stock Looking