Thread: 95 325i wont start HELP pls :D

My Cars
    1995 m3 /95 325i

95 325i wont start HELP pls :D

so my car hasnt wanted to start last 3 days ... and the forth day i didnt even drive it .3 days ago it hit -17 and like almost -28 with wind ect and tryed to start it early in the morning and it wouldnt start...

its getting gas
    its turning over
    its seems so close but doesnt start

does anyone have any suggestions?
    its still super cold out in the -s but not that low today is it just cause its been so **** cold last few days and it hasnt been started once?

My Cars
    2007 350 Z
    It never reaches that cold where I am, but the cold does seem to affect my car being able to start. Have you tried jumping it off?

My Cars
    1995 m3 /95 325i
    yes i have
    also used starter box
    and checked battery which is fine

My Cars
    Sunburned blue 325
    Sounds like you've taken care of the electrical. What oil are you using? Any fluid gains viscosity with decreasing temperature and the added resistance could be enough to stop it from really starting.

My Cars
    1995 m3 /95 325i
    bought it not ot long ago and it just had synthetic ...im just starting to think oils to cold ? but any more suggestions pls

My Cars
    02 525,01 X5,99 323IC
    I am thinking water in the gas line and frozen. Try to find a garage you can push it into. Keep us posted

My Cars
    2004 330 vert 2004 X5
    I'm thinking its your plugs. It gets that cold here and my 325 never fails to start. Unless you are running something like 40W or 50W oil It's not going to be thick enough to keep it from starting.

I bet your plugs are old and need to be replaced. People forget what amazing things can happen when you keep fresh plugs in your engine. When gets below zero you need each part working perfectly.

My ex used to have a car that would start at -10 but at -11 it wouldn't. I verified these temps at least a dozen times while we had the car. Wierd but true. When it got that cold I would take a hair dryer or heat gun and blow it on the oil pan for at least 15minutes to warm the oil. You could always try this as a last ditch effort.

My Cars
    bmw 325
    Quote Originally Posted by capebmw View Post
    I am thinking water in the gas line and frozen. Try to find a garage you can push it into. Keep us posted
    Like he said...Water in the gas...That's an excellent suggestion given your extremely cold temps...Your plugs need to be changed if you don't know how long ago they were changed because they have to be putting out optimum spark in extreme cold.
    Does it turn over fast ? or slow like it is giving up the
    ghost ? If your batt is good but it is turning over real slow your oil could be too thick...

My Cars
    09 Audi A4, 94 325is
    The last time you ran it, did you move it a short distance & shut the car off?
    If so, put the gas pedal to the floor & crank the crap out of it. Once it feels like it's ready to start, keep cranking until it feels like it will stay started.
    I had a 94 325is that would flood when it was moved a short distance & immediately shut off. By short distance i mean like a few feet up the driveway.

Good Luck.

My Cars
    1995 m3 /95 325i
    thx all ...and jg72 no i didnt move it short distance even so it was 5 days since i started it last....after recharging the battery i went back out and well featherd the crap out of the pedal and it got close so many times even got it to go up to 600 rpms and didnt start but just kept going and got it to start it was around noon ish so it warmed up alil bit ... think it was just to cold and the oil was to thick and i just didnt start it in 5 days of extreme cold after all that i was so low on gas i had to limp to the gas station and it was bogging part the way but after some gas and getting it warmed up good as new starts fast and ez ......thx everyone for your help much appreciated ... also other questions acs botten doesnt work possible fixes of y it might not work ? front windows dont roll down right window makes click noise when pressed to go up or down..and driver side does nothing and light on butten doesnt turn on ...but horrible previous owner put a wire straight to the motor and put a battery on it and switch to control window instead of really fixing it any possible fixes for this??? and tranny light comes on and it gets stuck in higher gear and i have to shut off car for afew secs to get it to fix ..its an auto with manual butten