Thread: FS: BRAND NEW PPS Lightweight Battery

My Cars
    #199 IP BMWCCA

FS: BRAND NEW PPS Lightweight Battery

Portable Power Systems http://www.portablepower.com

Hawker 12V 0769-2007 SLA Genesis Battery.

DETAILED INFORMATION
    Manufacturer: Hawker
    Chemistry: SLA
    Voltage: 12 Volts
    Capacity: 16 Amp Hours
    Dimensions: 7.15" L x 3.01" W x 6.61" H
    Weight: 14 Pound(s)

$69.95 new + shipping.

I paid $82.34 with shipping.

Will sell for $70 shipped.
    Eric WONGer
    2012 NASA Nationals GTS3 First Loser
    EX-#121 IP/GTS3 M3 SOLD
    Now-#121 GTS3 E46 M3

My Cars
    95M3:03S6:06F250PSD
    how much does the stock battery weigh?
    Matt Williams -
    Current - 01 LSB M3
    Past - #21 GTS-3 -
    95 Alpine White/Yellow M3 - Stock, except for the stuff that isn't

My Cars
    #199 IP BMWCCA
    I believe 50-60 lbs.

My Cars
    ///M s52
    can you post pics of actual battery?

My Cars
    1992 325i, 1996 MB C220
    Is this actually a viable replacement to the stock battery - especially for someone who lives in the northeast (its been below freezing for a week)

Let me know,

George
    Current Cars:
    2007 Range Rover HSE - 22" Redboune Nottinghams (winter daily)
    2001 BMW 740i - New Project
    1999 Jaguar XK8 Show Car done By Arden
    2011 Mercedes E550 4matic Sport (daily driver)
    1996 Chevrolet Impala SS
    1997 Chevrolet Corvette
    George - J&M Automotive, Hamilton NJ
    Sales - Service - Accessories

My Cars
    #199 IP BMWCCA
    PIcture from Portable Power's website:

Eric WONGer
    2012 NASA Nationals GTS3 First Loser
    EX-#121 IP/GTS3 M3 SOLD
    Now-#121 GTS3 E46 M3

My Cars
    '98 S/C Dinan M3
    Androulakis
    I was wondering the same thing, but not as worried about the cold weather......This is what I would do, I would change out the battery in the spring and put the stock one back in the fall, it is nice to have the weight back there in the winter anyway. I wonder about the overall staying power of the battery....if your alternator works that much harder all the time wouldn't that power drain somewhat negate the advantage of a lightweight battery? Furthermore, while it is nice to drop the weight, the attractiveness of a BMW is the weight distribution you wonder if removing it from one of the lightest corners of the car in the first place screws that up more than it is worth. Not knocking the mod, just thinking out loud and wondering if it should be done in conjunction with a lightweight hood for instance, In my case I am looking at it to offset my water injection reservoir.
    BMW M3 1998 Modifications: Dinan: throttle body, supercharger, free flow exhaust, lightweight flywheel + performance clutch, Stage III suspension, front and rear shock tower braces, and even the floor mats. RMS: Stage II 6” pulley, after cooler, ceramic coat SS headers, Cat delete, Fan delete, Water/alcohol injection. polyurethane RTABs, Victory oil cooler, E46 fuel pump, MAShaw hood, ACS roof spoiler, TECIII engine management 12 PSI. Dual PLX AFR gauges, SPA 2xEGT, oil, fuel, boost. Cobalt Autometer. UUC: tranny mounts. Bavarian auto: competition shifter. OEM clears all around. Built-in K-40 radar detector laser diffuser. E46 rear wing, 18” rims. Stoptech big break kit with slotted rotors all around. Custom clutch stop.

My Cars
    The Bavarian Falcon
    Just as an FYI Joe, you have about 30 extra pounds in the left front of your car with the supercharger, and almost all of it is ahead of the wheel.

I weighed mine before installing it, SC/Bracket assembly (NOT counting intake and discharge tubing, etc) weighed 28 pounds.

Which means if you're terribly concerned about a few pounds weight balance (and we're talking a VERY few pounds in the grand scheme of things), I guess you'd want to leave the heavy stock battery in.

Me, I plan on installing a lightweight battery just to get my weight back down closer to stock, and correct any weight distribution problems by corner-weighting my GC suspension.

If you look at the competitive guys who drive E36's, they tend to rip crap out of the car willy-nilly, not worrying about balance, only weight reduction, because they can then correct balance with suspension tuning. Balance is a good thing, but weight reduction is even better.

Given any thought to ditching that AA trunk tank and going with a 5 liter washer tank instead? Shorter run for the pump, easier to get to, no worries about leaks messing up your interior, overall it's lighter, with about the same capacity, and it's dirt cheap. I'm running one with my 2d system and it's a very clean install.
    93 325is - total M3 conversion and more - Dinan SC kit - RMS aftercooler and tuning - 395rwhp on 91 octane.
    "....She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself." -Han Solo

CarDomain page

My Cars
    '95 silver M3 coupe
    is this sold?
    The Original GoldMember!!

jmargo is offline Guess who's back ? Moderator
    My Cars
    CTS-V , Blown 332i
    Same as last. Check the dates and check out the forum rules prior to posting in old threads.
    Sias Tuned, Vortech Blown, 3.2L S52...456WHP/360WTQ

Sias Tuning | HowertonEngineering | Davis Motorsports Club