Thread: Headlamp Malfunction - Please Help

My Cars
    2006 BMW 325i Sedan

Headlamp Malfunction - Please Help

Hey everyone,

I'm new to these forums, so please forgive me of my ignorance. I have already searched the forums best I can, but have not been able to find the answer. So here is my issue:

Model: 2006 325i Sedan with Xenon/Angel eye headlamps (OEM)

Issue:
    I bought the car used a few months ago and am having problems with the drivers side headlamp. First (a couple weeks ago), the headlight started changing colors. When turned on, it would be normal, then gradually within about 30 seconds it would go to a purple-ish color. I assume this is because the bulb is going out. In addition to the bulb changing color, the drivers side Angel eye stopped working and it gave me a "Left Headlamp Malfunction indicator".

For the past couple days my Angel eyes started working, but my drivers side light will flicker, then shutoff and I get a "Left Low Beam Malfunction" indicator. When I turn the lights off and on again, the light turns back on, then flickers and shuts off, etc.

I don't think it would be a blown bulb, since the light turns on. I have searched the forums and have found suggestions talking about Ballast and Modules, etc.

Any ideas as to what is causing the problem and what I can do to fix it? Thank you all in advance!

My Cars
    2011 e90 335i xDrive 6mt
    The HID changing color as air leaks into the arc tube, and then eventually failing to maintain an arc at all are normal symptoms of end of lamp life. It's dead, replace it.

Can't say for sure, but fix that first and your angel eye problem may disappear. If it doesn't then it is unrelated.
    Last edited by Kernel Kurtz; 02-07-2011 at 10:09 PM.

My Cars
    2006 BMW 325i Sedan
    Awesome, thanks for the tip. Ill try that.

My Cars
    2007 BMW 328xi
    quick question:
    my passenger angle eye is out (daytime running lamp); is that a light bulb replacement or is an entire unit required?