Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Getting a handle on things

My Cars
    '97 840CI

Open for business

The email contact is 8pivotalMoments at gmail dot com.
    If you forget this email contact, just remember it is at the bottom of the pivot install DIY.
    Email going to the adrs gets read by me.

Here are a couple admin items...

1) The big rule is that no quotes, sales transactions or customer support will flow across BF including the PM channel.
    Instead the primary contact with the business is through the email address. There is no website.
    I will not post prices on BF. If any one else posts my prices here, I will deny it.

2) RFQ/ordering process
    Because there is no 8pivotalMoments website, instead we use email and paypal invoicing to do a two step quote-order process.
    Step one is, you send me a Request For Quote (RFQ) to the 8pivotalMoments email address above.
    In your RFQ you will reveal to me at least enough info about your intended ship destination so that I may manually compute shipping cost and California sales tax, if any.
    With this info I can return a quote to you including a time frame for shipment. It could be I can ship immediately, it could be I have to build the part first.

I don't need to know your Paypal ID because apparently paypal does not have gatekeeping on inbound payments/transfers as I expected.
    Oddly it seems people could throw money at me with impunity and I would not be able to defend myself.

If you are real serious about getting an order placed then you will sooner or later reveal...
    - Some personal identifier (BF handle or real name) in case there is any followup conversation or support required.
    - An exact shipping address down to the last working detail.
    If and when I get these two last details, and if I'm quoting a near-term shipping time frame, I will also launch back to you a Paypal invoice (Pp's fancy version of a payment request).
    - I noticed a few people are sending rfq's from work email adrs's. If you want, tell me if you need the invoice sent to another adrs. Again, it does not necessarily need to be your Paypal ID.
    - If/when you then settle the invoice, log into paypal and use my business email as the recipient.
    - Pay the invoice and a shipment happens.
    - If you perhaps change your mind, then don't pay the invoice and nothing else happens. I may eventually query you, so I don't get into trouble about it.
    Last edited by Hyper; 04-06-2013 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Updated rfq/invoice procedure

My Cars
    1996 840Ci / 2007 B7
    Just curious, why the prohibition on putting pricing information here or on the Web?

My Cars
    '97 840CI
    Speaking just for myself...
    "What happens on the Internet, stays on the Internet"

Edit:
    Actually, let me be a little bit more useful.
    In some jurisdictions, publishing a price for a product or service constitutes "doing business".
    If I had done that before just yesterday the local mafia (aka The City) could have busted me for doing business without a license.
    Putting a price up for a one time sale is exempt from the definition of doing business.

Offering items for sale at the very least it puts admin in a jam because they want for-sale items over in that sub-forum. However, I'm not just offering something one-off.
    Without me even checking the fine print on your BF user agreement, I'll bet Kevlar would get very ticked off if he found anyone running a business inside of BF.
    Since he seems to get pleasure from revoking even his own license, I would not mess with him.
    Last edited by Hyper; 04-02-2013 at 01:34 PM.

My Cars
    1996 840Ci / 2007 B7
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
    Speaking just for myself...
    "What happens on the Internet, stays on the Internet"

Edit:
    Actually, let me be a little bit more useful.
    In some jurisdictions, publishing a price for a product or service constitutes "doing business".
    If I had done that before just yesterday the local mafia (aka The City) could have busted me for doing business without a license.
    Putting a price up for a one time sale is exempt from the definition of doing business.

Offering items for sale at the very least it puts admin in a jam because they want for-sale items over in that sub-forum. However, I'm not just offering something one-off.
    Without me even checking the fine print on your BF user agreement, I'll bet Kevlar would get very ticked off if he found anyone running a business inside of BF.
    Since he seems to get pleasure from revoking even his own license, I would not mess with him.
    Got it- thanks

My Cars
    '97 840CI

Reverse the polarity, Mr Scott

Spock : Reverse polarity on your magnetic probe.
    Scotty: Reverse polarity?
    Spock : That is correct, Mister Scott.
    Scotty: That'll take some doing. What purpose could it...
    Spock : Please commence. I'll explain.
    . You were correct in your feel. The Enterprise was put through a molecular transporter and reassembled slightly out of phase.
    . Reverse polarity should seal the incision.
    Scotty: I have no time for theory. I just hope you're right.
    Rahda : Twenty seconds.
    Scotty: {Taking the probe tool apart, then trying to get it back together}
    . I'm doing the best I can! Wait! It's stuck! It's stuck! Push the button!
    I'm reminded of that scene (StarTrek, original series, "That Which Survives") every time I switch sides, left->right, right->left.
    Our pivot fabrication tool gets disassembled and the polarity on all the pieces are reversed.
    The tool is then reassembled and we use it to create another pivot with the exact same geometry, but in a mirror image.

left

right

Spandrel, I left out the obvious...I can't advertise for free when other businesses are paying BF for that privilege.
    Last edited by Hyper; 07-11-2017 at 09:24 PM.

My Cars
    I miss my E31!!!!!!!!!!

My Cars
    '97 840CI
    Just north of Stanford, and not a trekie.

My Cars
    I miss my E31!!!!!!!!!!
    OK. I was in SF in November and driving around town I saw a silver 840Ci in Presidio. So I thought maybe it was you.

My Cars
    91 850 Panzer
    I am one of Hypers beta parts recipients and today had time to attempt an install on a drivers side door handle. This was a spare handle with a broken pivot, was already out of the car and useless in it's curent condition. Being a guy, I refused to read the instructions as I wanted to see how difficult replacement would be for the average owner with wrenching ability. I used the included 15/64's (6mm) drill bit and drilled out the rivet and the bore the rivet was in and removed all of the old parts and installed new. Only tricky part was reinstalling the spring as I overclocked it during install making the handle quite stiff to open. Admitting defeat, I cheated and looked at Hypers excellent "How-To" and noted the correct spring position and relocated it easily to its proper orientation. The end result was that the new beta parts work wonderfully well and will be an economical repair for a near NLA handle. Total time was around 15 minutes, including relocation of the spring. Going to keep a set handy for when the Panzer handle finally craps out.
    For what its worth, I highly recommend that you all get a set of Hypers handle kits and keep them on your shelf for when (not if) you need them!
    Last edited by Wuffer; 04-06-2013 at 07:16 PM.
    91 850 (Panzer), 2012 Mini Cooper Countryman (WifeMobile) www.wuffer.ca

My Cars
    '97 840CI
    Thanks,
    Wuffer was chosen as a beta site because he is a hands-on wrencher with long-term experience across all the model years and market specs.

My Cars
    BMW 850
    Well. Cannt w8 to order mine and have this problem solved.

My Cars
    1997 BMW 840CI
    I NEED A DOOR HANDLE FIX NOW ,or one that works for my 97-840 let me know 310.800.568 eight rich

My Cars
    91 Dinan860 & 91 850 6sp
    Quote Originally Posted by cabo840 View Post
    I NEED A DOOR HANDLE FIX NOW ,or one that works for my 97-840 let me know 310.800.568 eight rich
    make a few more posts (I think you need 10) and then private message member "Hyper"

My Cars
    '97 840CI
    Business is good, but I find myself way too involved with shipping at this moment.
    Back in mid August.

{ed: I'm still at 8pivotalMoments att gee male dott comm}
    Last edited by Hyper; 07-22-2015 at 02:20 AM.

My Cars
    bmw 850 ci
    hi.its possibol buy hundle kits left and right form the bmw 850 ci ? schipping form italy
    thanks

My Cars
    '97 840CI
    Customer cared for via PM.

My Cars
    99 840ci Sport Indv
    We like a bit of customer care!
    Timm..2007 E64 650i Individual Sport..1999 E31 840ci Individual Sport..ex owner of 2000 E38 740..1999 E38 740i V8 M62..1998 E38 735i V8..1993 E32 730i V8..1988 E28 518i

My BMW Repair YouTube Channel
    My Current 840ci Sport Individual
    My Current 650ci Sport Individual
    My E31 Repair and Information Website
    My E38 Repair and Information Website
    My E63/E64 Repair and Information Website

Chase - Heroes to a generation

My Cars
    1994 BMW 840ci
    Hello Hyper, I just sent you an email. I look forward to hearing from you.

My Cars
    745i turbo 5 speed,
    Well - that was a very good experience!
    once inside a few more issues were found and fixed.
    great deal and a big thanks!

My Cars
    2x 850i auto / manual
    Well...sad day now that photobucket is being greedy and wants more money to post pics on 3rd party websites . Anyone have those pics by chance? I realllyyyy need to do this job as it drains my batteries and of course the 3-4 tap to open the door

My Cars
    '97 840CI
    Of course.
    A slick PDF with the same pics has always been delivered along with each order.
    Contact me at my biz adrs 8pivotalMoments@gmail.com for yours.
    The photobucket affair affects the door handle business because most of new desperates are non-BF and find me by landing on these BF pages via google.
    I'm simply far behind on getting my business(es) backed by my own website(s).
    My higher priorities are development and manufacturing and fixing other things that break.
    Last week it was the microwave oven. Before that: water filtration sys, clothes drier, van transmission, water heater, refrigerator. The list goes on.

My Cars
    BMWs:74 3.0 CS, 97 840Ci
    Hyper

Sending an email RFQ as soon as I sign off this page.

Gary Knox
    Gary Knox

'97 BMW 840 Ci
    '03 MB SL55 AMG
    '07 Mini Cooper S hatchback
    '09 Aston Martin DB9 Volante
    '13 Audi A8
    '90 MB 560 SEC and '94 Porsche 928 GTS recently departed but long enjoyed
    50 or so others over the past 70 years of driving

My Cars
    '97 840CI
    Rigorous environmental testing almost complete.
    Deepest bluest regrets about the interruption in shipments. However...
    There is a tide in the affairs of men...and we must take the current when it serves, or lose our ventures.

-> More Tour du Monde
    Last edited by Hyper; 09-15-2017 at 09:01 PM. Reason: A little Shakespeare, sil vous plait

My Cars
    '97 840CI
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
    Rigorous environmental testing...
    You say your door handle broke?
    Could be worse.

Last edited by Hyper; 09-21-2017 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Path map

My Cars
    BMW 850CSi
    Wow, that’s close. Is the 8 OK?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast