Page 6 of 69 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast

Thread: The definitive E36 LTW Spoiler Replica Thread

My Cars
    TV M3
    Quote Originally Posted by TheElite View Post
    Those guys that are posting pics of said MA Shaw wings are posting replicas. Mike hasn't changed the mold, and his finish is pretty good. You can tell by the sharpness at that tips of the spoilers. Everything fits right on the Authentic MAShaw LTW wings.

You guys were ripped off from MODBargains and whoever is trying to sell the "MA" spoilers. Buy it from them directly and you'll see the major difference.
    If your referring to my pics, the wing is most definitely a MA SHAW wing purchased directly from MA SHAW. THe fitment is pretty good, but as I and now others have mentioned the leading edge of the top piece is not perfect to the risers or lower portion.

All of the pieces do bolt up without any need to force or flex into fitting.
    I had to modify the lower portion to get it to work in the low position (the leading edge gap is still there in the low position), but I can say that overall Im happy with the wing.

Its held up to pretty high speeds (~130mph) with no shaking or flexing that I was able to notice. I just put the risers back on and will be running the car at an HPDE at Limerock next week so I'm hoping it holds up well there as well. The shop that painted and installed it did have to do some smoothing to prep for paint, but it had been sitting around for 1 year + so it had accumulated some scratches.
    Last edited by uconnr; 04-11-2011 at 08:55 PM.

My Cars
    TV M3
    Quote Originally Posted by 3literheater View Post
    Ok so here are the pictures I was sent of my wing prior to purchasing.

You can clearly see everything is bolted together correctly and it looks very nice.

TO be honest even the pictures they sent you they dont line up that great, but the one you sent is just plain terrible! I'd send it back ASAP and get your $ back. Theres actually a few MA Shaws in the for sale section.

My Cars
    2JZ FD3S, 2JZ M3, 95 M3
    how horrible is the ebay one? i have a drift car, and that obviously means im not spending a ton on body work, and ebay may work for what i want. does it not fit or what? sorry i didnt read 6 pages of pictures.
    -Andrew Mensah

My Cars
    97 AW M3, 04 Disco 2
    Just bought a bekkers cf low rise. I'll post pics after I install it

My Cars
    72 2002tii, 87 300 SDL, 91 M5, 95 M3 LTW
    Unless you go with the OEM wing, I really discourage folks to go this route. Please don't muck up all of the remaining E36's with replica wings and botched installations...
    WANTED: 18" BBS RCj's

My Cars
    No more BMWs :(
    Quote Originally Posted by 3literheater View Post
    Ok so here are the pictures I was sent of my wing prior to purchasing.

You can clearly see everything is bolted together correctly and it looks very nice.

Now here are the pictures of the wing I actually received. Keep in mind I did not even try to bolt on the bottom portion as the holes have no chance in lining up.

In these two pictures you can sort of see that the hardware holes in the wing do not line up with the riser blocks. One is nearly on center and the other is a half hole off. The one that is on center has issues once you start threading the bolt in the hole. It is a the wrong angle.

Here is the drivers side of the wing with both bolts in but without washers. It cannot be assembled with the supplied washers.

Here is the passenger side. It can only have one bolt in the riser block at a time because there is no way to get both of them in at the same time.

Honestly, I believe that is how mine was when I got it too. I felt as though there was no way anything was lining up properly without flexing and stretching a whole hell of a lot. I took it to the body shop anyways and they never said a word about it. Everything lines up well and looks great. I wonder how much they struggled with it? Painted and installed I paid $400 I believe. They said the main pricing was matching the slightly faded 15 year old Dakar paint.

-Nick

My Cars
    No more BMWs :(
    Also, I can take some up close photos of my fitment tomorrow morning for you if you would like.

-Nick

My Cars
    95 M3, 15 Golf TDI wagon
    Sure that would be nice.

-WTB: OEM Class 2 LTW GT wing with risers- Mazak

My Cars
    528i
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsaint View Post
    Montizzle, he pm'd me and asked me where I got mine, same place his looked great as well.

Guess I should chime in.

It is an ebay replica (from japan) I can't seem to find the seller at the moment, but the "Sag" is actually a optical illusion I've measured and leveled it and it is spot on (Look at second picture). It looks that way because of the way the sides form into the middle and the natural curve of the arch

. Both top and bottom pieces are hollow fiberglass and are fairly light. I owned a bekkers low rise spoiler for my white m3 and that thing was full carbon fiber, but has cardboard and foam inside which ends up weighing just as much as this spoiler combo. However since it is hollow at high speeds usually 100+ it does bow a bit, not very noticeable, but you can see it. However it does work... Ive used stock spoiler, vs no spoiler and its about the same around 100+ bekkers or gt spoiler helps a little usually around 110, but this higher one deff makes things more stable from 90 on
    mph.

The risers are removable and does bolt up to the bottom piece as I took them apart when I first painted it. I never got around to wet sanding it and making it perfect, but it came perfectly primed and unpainted exposed CF that was clear coated. The only thing I would recommend when installing one of these is to use loctite in the bolts and use bigger washers not included with the kit. On the way back from Miami for Drew's Run 2009 the top part started to come lose from the riser and I had to use some glue and gorilla tape to temp hold it until I got back. Where it did leave some residue. (because in order to put new bolts or tighten the top part you need to completely remove it from the trunk.)

Some more shots, and of my white car with bekkers low rise.

Bekkers,

The pictures on the estoril coupe? the ltw high rise with the cf romovable risers? Where did you get that from? im looking for one just like that in a sedan fitment.

My Cars
    German Rice
    A LTW Spoiler on a sedan would probably look stupid no?

My Cars
    E30 M3,E28 M5,E39 M5 etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Crime Wave View Post
    A LTW Spoiler on a sedan would probably look stupid no?
    False.

My Cars
    97' M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by S14 View Post
    False.

My Cars
    98 alpine white m3
    got the hamman replica here. paid 700 for it years ago. it flexes pretty good on bumpy roads and at highway speed. there are some hairline cracks in the base that haven't changed in size over the last few years. fit is OK i guess. they had to use double sided tape to make sure the base sits on the trunk and even then you can see some bowing in between the mounting points.

seems like if i were to do it again i would go OEM or MA SHAW. but vitolo said the OEM isn't worth the money. idk, looks like we are screwed whatever way we go with these things.

'98 M3 Alpine White Gone but never forgotten!
    '04 M3 SMG Imola Red
    '11 X5 35D Titanium Silver

My Cars
    E30 M3,E28 M5,E39 M5 etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Nguyen View Post

Nice P-car!

My Cars
    Alpine/6MT '05 M3
    OEM or go home. I'm excited to get mine in a week or so.
    The Golden Rule of Wheels: Strong, cheap, light... pick two.

M Texture - MOTON - Recaro - FIKSE - Vorshlag - SWIFT - Lightwerkz - Rogue

My Cars
    junk
    Just mounted my Ebay rep yesterday. The fit between the risers was almost perfect. I'm really happy with the fit. It does have a bit of a sag but I can live with it. The risers are CF and I left them unpainted. Can't really tell in this pictures because the car is black, but it looks awesome in person.

My Cars
    99 m3 / 95 race car

My Cars
    97 M3, Lotus Exige, GSXR
    Those ebay ones sag is ridiculous

busterhax is offline Y̝͎̘̍́ͣ̉͑̿̆Ō͎̼̺̬̒ͯ̃̇͗̂ U͈̖
    My Cars
    e36
    There is more contour in the middle than there is sag. Making it seem like it is sagging even more.

My Cars
    97 M3, Lotus Exige, GSXR
    Is there a place that sells OEM ?

My Cars
    I take the bus to work.
    if you bought an ebay rep, please post the username/ebayID of the seller to accompany you picture please!!
    -M3J0N

My Cars
    HKS-2 M3 and 540iT
    Quote Originally Posted by m3j0n View Post
    if you bought an ebay rep, please post the username/ebayID of the seller to accompany you picture please!!
    I wanna say its all the same mold and of similar quality from China - basically all the same stuff. Pretty high quality, believe it or not.

I love the fit/finish on my CF one. Its flawless in that regard (vastly superior to my MA Shaw). The sag factor ruins it for me though, especially when mounted in the low position. I will very likely be selling it soon.
    Garrett

My Cars
    Alpine/6MT '05 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by e36mike View Post
    Just mounted my Ebay rep yesterday. The fit between the risers was almost perfect. I'm really happy with the fit. It does have a bit of a sag but I can live with it. The risers are CF and I left them unpainted. Can't really tell in this pictures because the car is black, but it looks awesome in person.

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate99m3 View Post

The sag in these wings sucks.

The blue wheels are just tacky.
    The Golden Rule of Wheels: Strong, cheap, light... pick two.

M Texture - MOTON - Recaro - FIKSE - Vorshlag - SWIFT - Lightwerkz - Rogue

My Cars
    junk
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer Man View Post
    The sag in these wings sucks.

The blue wheels are just tacky.
    Meh.. Im fine with it and spending 1000-1200 for an OEM wing is something I not interested in doing. I would much rather spend that kind of money towards some FI for my car...

My Cars
    m3/4
    ltw on sedan in sig

Page 6 of 69 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast