Page 59 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9344950515253545556575859606162636465666768 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 1720

Thread: The definitive E36 LTW Spoiler Replica Thread

My Cars
    95' 525i
    Thanks for the info!! I guess Im gonna avoid all ebay reps now.
    A fellow BMW enthusiast mentioned Precision Glass & composites
    so I'll try to contact them during the weekend. I hope I can buy a base for my oem top part of the GT spoiler .

My Cars
    '98 ti (M powered)
    There is a genuine LTW one (with the hand-cut third brake light done by PTG) complete with risers and both Gurney strips. NOS never painted.

Only ten grand.

Not mine but for those who need one... first one I’ve ever seen listed since 2000 when I was first on eBay.

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Eightba11 View Post
    Thanks for the info!! I guess Im gonna avoid all ebay reps now.
    A fellow BMW enthusiast mentioned Precision Glass & composites
    so I'll try to contact them during the weekend. I hope I can buy a base for my oem top part of the GT spoiler .
    Mine is an eBay knockoff. Its pretty good for a track car but if you're looking for something to take to shows I wouldn't recommend. You're gonna have to pay out the nose to find a solid example these days.

My Cars
    95' 525i
    @tiMASTER
    Yea I saw that ad hahah I can't afford that.

@BacDoc
    Awww...that sucks. I'll try to contact Precision Glass & composites soon. I gotta at least know how much they are selling it for.

My Cars
    98 M3
    It was $2500 for the full wing from ptg’s carbon guy.
    I’d imagine $1500 could get you the base and risers.

- 98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 124k and officially worthless - 89 m3, alpine/black 143k and officially old - 2000 323it, tiag/grey, 169k and officially boring

My Cars
    95' 525i
    Thats still pretty expensive to be honest but I'll still try to get the base though, I think its worth it.

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G
    Precision Glass CF spoiler is pretty perfect as far as 'replica' goes. If I had the money to spend on that, that's the one I'd go with, as they're 100% real CF construction. Those guys know what they're doing... the wing is pretty much flawless, very lightweight and very strong.

The Poland fiberglass one I got from Ebay, is pretty good for the money to be honest. No 'sag' per say, it has a a slight curvature to the underside of the wing, but it's due to the wing's shape more so than an actual sag. I noticed the same on an Abraham's 'Lester' wing. I have heard warnings about the quality of reps risers not being good, but I've yet to hear of any fly off during racing or something when the wings actually experience some air resistance. Plenty of guys across the pond that have Nurburgring Track rats are running similar wings with no issue.
    Last edited by propcar; 08-19-2019 at 09:28 AM.
    TRM Coilovers 670F/895R | BBS LM | Corsa RSC36

My Cars
    95' 525i
    I have to mount it at lowrise where I live so even a slight sag will make the spoiler look like crap. Why don't they sell this good replica on Ebay? Im sure people will be lining up to buy it, I will for sure!!

Thing is Im just glad theres a source, also just recently Mashaw contacted me saying they would ship to me so that's another good news Unfortunately I just bought another spoiler from ebay and waiting for it o arrive. I hope it doesn't sag its a Hamman spoiler which Im getting mixed thoughts about it.

busterhax is offline Y̝͎̘̍́ͣ̉͑̿̆Ō͎̼̺̬̒ͯ̃̇͗̂ U͈̖
    My Cars
    e36
    I have to mount it at lowrise where I live so even a slight sag will make the spoiler look like crap. Why don't they sell this good replica on Ebay? Im sure people will be lining up to buy it, I will for sure!!

Thing is Im just glad theres a source, also just recently Mashaw contacted me saying they would ship to me so that's another good news Unfortunately I just bought another spoiler from ebay and waiting for it o arrive. I hope it doesn't sag its a Hamman spoiler which Im getting mixed thoughts about it.
    There's like no demand for e36 parts compared to newer cars these days.

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G

If you can only do low-rise, why not get ABS motorsport version. It's fiberglass but seems to be very good quality and quite reasonable in price.

https://absmotorsport.co.uk/product/...-boot-spoiler/

My Cars
    95' 525i
    I think I might have contacted them before idk.

For now its better to just get the base from a reputable company and use the OEM top part. Thats the safest way since I don't wanna risk buying another saggy spoiler.

My Cars
    E36
    Is abrahams out of business in general?

My Cars
    95' 525i
    Not sure, I contacted them in dec of 2018 they just said at that time they were unable to sell anymore. They did not mention why.

My Cars
    98 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaze View Post
    Is abrahams out of business in general?
    I believe so. I heard Mel had some health problems unfortunately.
    Not sure, I contacted them in dec of 2018 they just said at that time they were unable to sell anymore. They did not mention why.
    Lester (the manufacturer) is no longer producing anything.

- 98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 124k and officially worthless - 89 m3, alpine/black 143k and officially old - 2000 323it, tiag/grey, 169k and officially boring

My Cars
    E36
    Quote Originally Posted by notMpowered View Post
    I believe so. I heard Mel had some health problems unfortunately.

Lester (the manufacturer) is no longer producing anything.
    What a shame. I just got another M3 and to my surprise, my saved bookmark went to a 404 page. In the old forum days, we would have crowd sourced a solution. Unfortunately, those days are long gone. If I had access to a 3d scanner I would 3d print these from carbon fiber filament, smooth them and make molds. Not very difficult, just time consuming and certainly not profitable.

My Cars
    95' 525i
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaze View Post
    What a shame. I just got another M3 and to my surprise, my saved bookmark went to a 404 page. In the old forum days, we would have crowd sourced a solution. Unfortunately, those days are long gone. If I had access to a 3d scanner I would 3d print these from carbon fiber filament, smooth them and make molds. Not very difficult, just time consuming and certainly not profitable.

I would copy mine but its just 50% of a spoiler hahah

My Cars
    95' 525i
    I bought this before Mashaw replied and before I found out about Precision glass & composite

Seller will ship on 3rd of sept and If it turns out to be sagless then I'll try to make a copy of it. Its a Hamman spoiler and according to this thread it should not sag. After some google image search and youtube vids though, I had mixed thoughts abt it so I just hope for the best

If it sucks then I'll try to use the base from this or I'll buy the base from one of the 2 and use it with my oem half of spoiler.

Last edited by Eightba11; 08-30-2019 at 03:56 AM.

My Cars
    '95 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by propcar View Post
    If you can only do low-rise, why not get ABS motorsport version. It's fiberglass but seems to be very good quality and quite reasonable in price.

https://absmotorsport.co.uk/product/...-boot-spoiler/
    Is anyone using this low rise spoiler that can comment on fitment and build quality? They finally got back to me with a shipping price to the states but if it’s just meh all around I might as well save a little money and get something off eBay.
    Turbo E36 M3 with all the things..

My Cars
    E36 M3 (street car), E21 320i (race car)
    Quote Originally Posted by SyCK View Post
    Is anyone using this low rise spoiler that can comment on fitment and build quality? They finally got back to me with a shipping price to the states but if it’s just meh all around I might as well save a little money and get something off eBay.
    What was their shipping quote?

My Cars
    '95 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by RSnider View Post
    What was their shipping quote?
    UPS Economy $162 or DHL Economy $249 to Houston.

I ended up buying it to be the guinea pig, some parts of it needs some mud filler but otherwise it looks good. I need to mount it to get a real perspective on how it looks overall, sag and what-not.
    Turbo E36 M3 with all the things..

My Cars
    '97 BMW M3/2/5
    Quote Originally Posted by propcar View Post
    Wanted to share the wing I picked up from ebay seller daro-sport.
    I bit the bullet and picked one of these up today. I intend to try and mount a third brake light in the base to replace my factory wing's brake light. Wish me luck...
    Feel free to ask about my car:

TRM Coilovers 560f/784r | Epic Motorsports Tune | Apex Arc-8 17x9.5 et35 | Wilwood SL-4 BBK
    M50 Manifold | ASC Delete | Dinan BBTB | Fan Delete | Power Pulleys | Dinan CAI |
    S54 Oil Cooler
    Z3 Rack | Crossbrace | 3.38 LSD | Dinan Strut Tower Brace | AKG Chassis Mount Shifter
    SS Long Tubes | SS Race Exhaust |
    LTW Replica Wing | MM Underpanel | CF Sunroof Delete
    OE GT Front Splitter | Rear Rollbar | Rear Seat Delete | BW Fuel Starvation | Turtle Labs Door Panels
    And Really Old Paint

Check out my YouTube channel for more DIY's and videos about my E36 M3

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpy2 View Post
    I bit the bullet and picked one of these up today. I intend to try and mount a third brake light in the base to replace my factory wing's brake light. Wish me luck...
    well PTG cut the OEM wings manually, measure twice cut once etc.

My Cars
    e36
    It was a lot harder than it looks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    328 Convertible
    Hi Guys

Ive been skimming through this thread and names that keep coming up are Lester and Abrahams. I'm based in the UK and the Abrahams one seems to be one piece hi design - although I wanted a 4 piece.

From what I have read, the Lester ones are supplied by Schidemann - and they advertise it with a 40 day lead time - is this the one to go for?

When you guys are talking about sag - do you mean sag after a while, or the design of it.

Also - I have purchased this ABS spoiler from ebay - should I stick with it or return it?
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REAR-TRUN...72.m2749.l2649

Kaz

My Cars
    e36
    Quote Originally Posted by sebring View Post
    Hi Guys

Ive been skimming through this thread and names that keep coming up are Lester and Abrahams. I'm based in the UK and the Abrahams one seems to be one piece hi design - although I wanted a 4 piece.

From what I have read, the Lester ones are supplied by Schidemann - and they advertise it with a 40 day lead time - is this the one to go for?

When you guys are talking about sag - do you mean sag after a while, or the design of it.

Also - I have purchased this ABS spoiler from ebay - should I stick with it or return it?
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REAR-TRUN...72.m2749.l2649

Kaz
    Sounds like you stopped reading about a year ago.
    Abraham and Lester are the same. Lester makes it and abrahams and schmeid both sold it. No longer produced last I checked. And they are 4 piece.

The sag isn’t literal sag. The mold or something of the wing has excess contour in the center of the wing making it appear to sag- aka not like the original. See first post of this thread.

I can’t speak to that one you posted. A ~$200 ABS wing hasn’t been discussed. Let us know.

Page 59 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9344950515253545556575859606162636465666768 ... LastLast