Page 45 of 69 FirstFirst ... 20353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1720

Thread: The definitive E36 LTW Spoiler Replica Thread

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    I am not crying about it, just wish I would have know that prior to purchasing. Thanks for all who did the research.

My Cars
    98 M3
    Saying you feel screwed by a respected vendor is a bit harsh, so sorry if I came off a bit harsh. They are far from gouging people though.

- 98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 124k and officially worthless - 89 m3, alpine/black 143k and officially old - 2000 323it, tiag/grey, 169k and officially boring

busterhax is offline Y̝͎̘̍́ͣ̉͑̿̆Ō͎̼̺̬̒ͯ̃̇͗̂ U͈̖
    My Cars
    e36
    Quote Originally Posted by notMpowered View Post
    The oem gt wing is the most common, and that comes with no brake light. I'm assuming he thinks he got screwed by Abrahams for paying like 50 bucks extra over schmeidmann. Hardly something to cry about. Abrahams is a great vendor and was the only option for these for years. Just cause someone came a long and undercut them a bit (mostly in part because it's cheaper for them to get in the first place) hardly constitutes getting screwed.
    If you need instructions to install it take it to a body shop. It's 4 screws and some glue.
    Schmeidmann comes out to be more than $200 cheaper than Abrahams for a high rise when shipping is included. Schmeidmann has been selling these for years, just no one had the balls to order from Denmark...or do the research to find it elsewhere.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    No disrespect at all, in fact, I see your point. I removed my post. Just was a dumb response. My bad. The wing is of great quality and can't wait to install it. Mel has been easy to work with.

My Cars
    e36
    Its not too often someone has these next to each other so I snapped some pics.

The SILVER one is MA Shaw
    The PRIMED one is Lester aka Abrahams

They are not level so do not compare heights. I expect the Lester one to be more aligned when its properly assembled on a trunk.

Here you can see the molding defects which are on all MA Shaw parts intended for functional race use

The MA Shaw is by far the easiest to install. It uses 4 bolts on the outer edge allowing installation to be done with 4 simple holes. No dealing with the bs of going through two layers of metal.

My Lester is unpainted but they both *feel* like about the same weight. MA Shaw is much more rigid and cannot be warped without some serious force. The Lester's base can easily be warped which is why most glue/tape it to the base of the trunk.

My Cars
    E36 M3, 530i, STI TypeR
    Well it seems all the lesters have similar imperfections so it's probably because of the mold.

Mine is getting painted at the moment (oh and both painters I spoke to were not too happy with the finish and said it would require a lot of work). My biggest issue is the base plate. Do you fit and glue both parts at once? I'm tempted to just fit the base plate first and glue it using regular bolts, nuts and washers as I think it will be easier to get it to fit the trunk nicely. If I fit both parts I think the base plate will pop out a bit at the edges which would be very annoying.
    Last edited by Turbovin; 04-21-2016 at 08:44 PM.
    2002 530i M-Sport, 1996 Euro E36 M3 Coupé, 2000 Subaru Impreza Sti Type R jdm

My Cars
    98 M3
    I personally wouldn't glue the base. I'd flex it to fit the base on the trunk snugly and drill the holes IF they lined up properly (ish) with the wing. Use the best 3m double sided tape you can find. Its what the BMW OEM mounting kit uses so I imagine its gotta be a reasonable choice.

- 98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 124k and officially worthless - 89 m3, alpine/black 143k and officially old - 2000 323it, tiag/grey, 169k and officially boring

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G
    Quote Originally Posted by busterhax View Post

They are not level so do not compare heights. I expect the Lester one to be more aligned when its properly assembled on a trunk.

My Lester is unpainted but they both *feel* like about the same weight. MA Shaw is much more rigid and cannot be warped without some serious force. The Lester's base can easily be warped which is why most glue/tape it to the base of the trunk.
    Thanks for the pics! Are you selling one?
    TRM Coilovers 670F/895R | BBS LM | Corsa RSC36

My Cars
    e36
    Quote Originally Posted by propcar View Post
    Thanks for the pics! Are you selling one?
    MaShaw already sold.

My Cars
    I take the bus to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by notMpowered View Post
    Saying you feel screwed by a respected vendor is a bit harsh, so sorry if I came off a bit harsh. They are far from gouging people though.
    you talk like you think you know what their mark-up is on these wings... clearly, you don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by busterhax View Post

Here you can see the molding defects which are on all MA Shaw parts intended for functional race use

The MA Shaw is by far the easiest to install. It uses 4 bolts on the outer edge allowing installation to be done with 4 simple holes. No dealing with the bs of going through two layers of metal.

that's awesome! thanks for your post... This is exactly the type of post that I was looking for this thread to accomplish when I originally made it. Just out of curiosity, how do you remove the risers on the MA Shaw wing?
    -M3J0N

My Cars
    98 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by m3j0n View Post
    you talk like you think you know what their mark-up is on these wings... clearly, you don't.
    People were paying 100-150 less than Abrahams to get crap sag eBay wings a year ago. Those people were the ones that got screwed. Remember if you bought that wing from schmeidmann about 1.5 years ago at that price, it would cost nearly the same due to currency exchange before they printed a trillion euros to tank their currency to boost the manufacturing sectors over there. Either way I'm over arguing the topic. While my experience with the quality of the wing was not what I had hoped for compared to what I had read about it, my experience with Mel and Abrahams Motorsport was well above and beyond what I'd expect from most vendors.
    Last edited by notMpowered; 04-24-2016 at 10:08 AM.

My Cars
    e36
    The risers are hollow so you just reach in there with an extension. Two bolts per side holding the base to the riser and two bolts per side holding the riser to the top.

An interesting thing to note about the Lester wing is that the nothing threads into the base. The mounting bolt goes through the trunk, through the base, and threads into the riser. Essentially sandwiching the base.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    Can someone tell me what the two wires are for on the Lester wing? I know some of you cut them off, but I chose not to. I received two clamps and I am assuming that the clamps clamp onto the wire preventing it from coming loose, but am just checking to be sure. Seems like the clamp is supposed to pinch the wire, but from what I see, the clamp is not small enough to clamp the wire effectively.

My Cars
    88 M3 97 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by crc13 View Post
    Can someone tell me what the two wires are for on the Lester wing? I know some of you cut them off, but I chose not to. I received two clamps and I am assuming that the clamps clamp onto the wire preventing it from coming loose, but am just checking to be sure. Seems like the clamp is supposed to pinch the wire, but from what I see, the clamp is not small enough to clamp the wire effectively.
    Since no one has responded, I will chime in although I am not completely sure. Those cables I assume are for proper fitment/curviture of the wings base to the trunk. It appears a knot must be tied with the cabling, after running through the clamp to make sure the clamp holds the cables securely in place. Most of us do not use it because the betalink is so strong that it is not necessary at all and takes away from a clean look in the trunk upon opening.
    Current:
    1988 Alpine White M3
    1997 Boston Green E36 M3 4dr
    Past:
    2007 Interlagos Blue BMW M5 SMG
    2004 TIAG BMW 330ci zhp 6mt
    2000 Gold Metallic B5 Audi A4 1.8T QT 5mt
    1999 Cosmos Black BMW 318ti 5mt
    1997 Montreal Blue BMW 318ti 5mt

My Cars
    M3, 850i, E30T, E55T
    Did not know the MA Shaw mounting points were on the double-walled section. That's much, much better than every other LTW.

My Cars
    1999 M3
    What's currently the best price on a cf replica that fits well? I read the carbon reps from eBay were better fitting than even the Abraham and MAShaw ones but can't find any on eBay anymore.

My Cars
    1989 E34 535i 5M.Zinno
    We do not offer a carbon wing and never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie916 View Post
    What's currently the best price on a cf replica that fits well? I read the carbon reps from eBay were better fitting than even the Abraham and MAShaw ones but can't find any on eBay anymore.
    Mel Abrahams
    Abrahams Motorsport
    Buy with confidence, serving the BMW community for over 14 years.
    www.abrahamsmotorsport.com
    E-Mail: sales@abrahamsmotorsport.com
    PayPal: order@abrahamsmotorsport.com
    Phone (727) 992-0288

My Cars
    1999 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWE34M5 View Post
    We do not offer a carbon wing and never have.
    *Better fit than the PU/FG ones from you and other vendors. Looking at purchasing from you if I can't find the carbon rep though. I've had some of your other lighting products before and was impressed.

My Cars
    Turbo 97 E36 M3, 99 M3
    I didn't go through all these pages, but anyone have any experience with Bavauto's pre-painted wings?
    http://bavauto.com Part # : BAS 09991
    Last edited by BMWManiac; 05-19-2016 at 01:56 PM.
    1997 Arctic Silver/Black M3
    CES Stage IV (651rwhp/615rwtq @ 24 psi)

1999 Techno Violet/Dove M3
    Auto/Convertible and staying stock!

My Cars
    98 M3
    Saggy junk.
    Also, the carbon reps on eBay were saggy as well.

My Cars
    98 M3/4/5
    Your moms saggy
    98 Estoril ///M3 4/6
    S54 swap CSL

My Cars
    98 M3
    So is your dad.

My Cars
    1998 bmw 328i
    i'm looking for a set of the hidden screw style risers. i guess the MA shaw style?

My Cars
    e36
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWe36AS View Post
    i'm looking for a set of the hidden screw style risers. i guess the MA shaw style?
    aka ma shaw.

My Cars
    E36 M3, 530i, STI TypeR
    Does anyone know if the Lester spoiler has the holes in roughly the same place as the OEM GT/LTW spoiler? I have already fitted the Lester but bought a genuine OEM GT spoiler for about 300 dollars (with a trunk included but an ugly dent unfortunately) which I would rather use. I have compared the two trunks and it looks like they are in pretty much the same position. I also have a third undrilled trunk but that one also has some minor dents so my trunk with the Lester on it is without a doubt the one in best condition.
    Last edited by Turbovin; 05-31-2016 at 07:43 PM.
    2002 530i M-Sport, 1996 Euro E36 M3 Coupé, 2000 Subaru Impreza Sti Type R jdm

Page 45 of 69 FirstFirst ... 20353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast