Page 41 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1631323334353637383940414243444546474849505166 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1720

Thread: The definitive E36 LTW Spoiler Replica Thread

My Cars
    M3/2/5 90' 535i
    He has the vinyl wrapped one and its CF. I highly doubt all the people with a CF MAShaw is lying

My Cars
    98 Dakar M3
    Quote Originally Posted by busterhax View Post
    Your story is similar to my friends.

He called MAShaw years ago asking for a fiberglass ltw wing. The owner said that he lost his mold for the wing and only has carbon fiber wings left. So he sold him the CF wing for the price of a fiberglass one. It ended up being like $600-$700 iirc.

His has the same imperfections my fiberglass MAShaw wing has. Imperfect seams where the pieces meet. Tiny bubbling here and there.
    Interesting. He told me that it was the only one they made since they weren't happy with the finish. In fact, he was really hesitant to sell it because of the finish. He emailed me photos to make sure that I was okay with it before I purchased it.

My Cars
    98 Dakar M3
    Mounted.

Apex - Recaro - Ground Control - UUC - AP - Schroth - Macht Schnell - MaShaw

My Cars
    1998 BMW M3 Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticDimitri View Post
    Mounted.

Looking good, do you go to Willow Springs or Buttonwillow Raceway?

My Cars
    98 Dakar M3
    Quote Originally Posted by usedunderwear View Post
    Looking good, do you go to Willow Springs or Buttonwillow Raceway?
    Haven't taken it anywhere yet, unfortunately. It's only been drivable for a couple days and yesterday I managed to break the rear glass while remounting this stupid wing. Once things are settled out and I've got the wheel fitment all together, I'll be taking it to Thunder Hill and Sonoma Raceway.

My Cars
    1998 BMW M3 Sedan
    Haven't taken it anywhere yet, unfortunately. It's only been drivable for a couple days and yesterday I managed to break the rear glass while remounting this stupid wing. Once things are settled out and I've got the wheel fitment all together, I'll be taking it to Thunder Hill and Sonoma Raceway.
    Sorry to hear that, but once on the track - you'll forget all the bad stuff

What kind of rollbar do you have?
    Last edited by usedunderwear; 09-07-2015 at 03:46 PM.

My Cars
    1997 E36 M3
    You definitely feel the downforce from the LTW on track. I went from the OEM low spoiler to the LTW and noticed a bit more rear stability in the higher speed corners.

I'm at Sonoma, Laguna, and T.Hill pretty regularly, hope I see you around!
    1997 Techno Violet M3 Coupe - TCK - AKG - Apex

My Cars
    98 Dakar M3
    Quote Originally Posted by usedunderwear View Post
    Sorry to hear that, but once on the track - you'll forget all the bad stuff

What kind of rollbar do you have?
    That is the hope! Should be excellent stress relief.

It's an Autopower Race roll bar. Bought it from a guy on M3F and practically had it delivered to my house, great deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaohe36 View Post
    You definitely feel the downforce from the LTW on track. I went from the OEM low spoiler to the LTW and noticed a bit more rear stability in the higher speed corners.

I'm at Sonoma, Laguna, and T.Hill pretty regularly, hope I see you around!
    That's great to hear! Do you feel the need to run a front splitter with it?

Sweet, hope to see you, too! I spend a lot of time studying, but hopefully I'll get out every few weekends. I'm a newbie at this and this car to be a form of stress relief. Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by MysticDimitri; 09-08-2015 at 02:46 AM.

My Cars
    1997 E36 M3
    That's great to hear! Do you feel the need to run a front splitter with it?

Sweet, hope to see you, too! I spend a lot of time studying, but hopefully I'll get out every few weekends. I'm a newbie at this and this car to be a form of stress relief. Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Im running 255/17 RE11's up front with -3.2 degrees of camber so i dont need aero just yet. (Im slow lol)

Im a college student, so when im not planning the track day schedule im busy as hell studying as well. I know the struggle haha

As far as advice; leave the ego at home, stay positive, understand it isnt a race and that it is all for FUN. Another solid trackday tip is "be a sponge" and absorb as much knowledge as you can from everyone there. All the veterans and instructors have SO much experience to share that is always beneficial.
    1997 Techno Violet M3 Coupe - TCK - AKG - Apex

My Cars
    E36 M3,E46 ZHP, E39
    Just read all 41 pages. I want one but still not sure which rep to buy. Seems to run about 1k after paint and install for abrahams high rise.

My Cars
    1989 E34 535i 5M.Zinno
    Not ours.

Quote Originally Posted by daniel0663 View Post
    There is a guy on ebay selling the 4pc version from Bulgaria for really cheap, half the price of Abrahams shipped to my door from Europe. I took a gamble on it, should arrive in a week or two. Will post some pics.
    Mel Abrahams
    Abrahams Motorsport
    Buy with confidence, serving the BMW community for over 14 years.
    www.abrahamsmotorsport.com
    E-Mail: sales@abrahamsmotorsport.com
    PayPal: order@abrahamsmotorsport.com
    Phone (727) 992-0288

My Cars
    E36 M3, E90 328i M-Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel0663 View Post
    There is a guy on ebay selling the 4pc version from Bulgaria for really cheap, half the price of Abrahams shipped to my door from Europe. I took a gamble on it, should arrive in a week or two. Will post some pics.
    Any updates?

My Cars
    97 BMW M3, 15 BMW M3
    Get what you paid for, I would gladly pay for another Abraham's. Less than 1k for paint and high ltw and very impressed with the quality.
    #143 1997 BMW M3
    #165 2015 BMW M3

My Cars
    BMW E36 328I
    Any updates?
    Updated.

Get what you paid for, I would gladly pay for another Abraham's. Less than 1k for paint and high ltw and very impressed with the quality.
    Glad it worked out for you.

Got it couple weeks ago, only got around to installing/spraying it last weekend. Honestly overall, really happy considering the price point, shipped to my door from Europe for $250. The wing itself arrived pretty quickly, took just around a week to arrive.

Hardware was included and the package was securely wrapped in film/cardboard. Wing itself, fits really decent i didn't have to do any modifications other than drilling the fiberglass holes from 7mm to 9mm to fit my SS 316 bolts/washers in the boot. Surface of the spoiler itself was pretty level but one of the risers had a bit of primer over spray but that was easily taken care of with some sandpaper.

The gaps between the pieces varied between 1mm ~ 2mm, i don't really mind the gaps but if your OCD, you could fill it in with some extra layers of fiberglass and finish accordingly.
    Last edited by daniel0663; 11-11-2015 at 01:42 AM.

My Cars
    BMW E36 328I
    Any updates?
    Updated.

Glad it worked out for you.

Got it couple weeks ago, only got around to installing/spraying it last weekend. Honestly overall, really happy considering the price point, shipped to my door from Europe. The wing itself arrived pretty quickly, took just around a week to arrive.

Hardware was included and the package was securely wrapped in film/cardboard. Wing itself, fits really decent i didn't have to do any modifications other than drilling the fiberglass holes from 7mm to 9mm to fit my SS 316 bolts/washers in the boot. Surface of the spoiler itself was pretty level but one of the risers had a bit of primer over spray but that was easily taken care of with some sandpaper.

The gaps between the pieces varied between 1mm ~ 2mm, i don't really mind the gaps but if your OCD, you could fill it in with some extra layers of fiberglass and finish accordingly.

Sorry about the shitty pics, just took some quick ones before/after the paint.
    Last edited by daniel0663; 11-06-2015 at 08:58 PM.

My Cars
    skateboard
    I have a high rise non adjustable for 275 plus shipping
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

busterhax is offline Y̝͎̘̍́ͣ̉͑̿̆Ō͎̼̺̬̒ͯ̃̇͗̂ U͈̖
    My Cars
    e36
    Looks like a classic textbook case of sag. Probably the normal China fiberglass wings if it was that cheap.

My Cars
    98 M3
    Was the post deleted? I saw it earlier and it looked saggy.

- 98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 124k and officially worthless - 89 m3, alpine/black 143k and officially old - 2000 323it, tiag/grey, 169k and officially boring

My Cars
    BMW E36 328I
    Was the post deleted? I saw it earlier and it looked saggy.
    Yeah i deleted it. I don't see the point in posting the info when people on here are dead set on Abraham/Mashaw.
    Moral of story, If you want no sag go buy genuine LTW/HECK or abrahams/mashaw.

If you want something decent, cheap on the budget, minimal sag, ebay rep from Poland.

/end.
    Last edited by daniel0663; 11-01-2015 at 01:25 AM.

My Cars
    98 M3
    No one here is dead set on those, they just haven't had any reason to otherwise choose something else. All other wings anyone has ever seen sag in the middle. A wing doesn't sag because somebody wants something else.

- 98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 124k and officially worthless - 89 m3, alpine/black 143k and officially old - 2000 323it, tiag/grey, 169k and officially boring

My Cars
    e21 320i, wide s50 e36
    for a second there i just thought i was going mad, but nope just people deleting their posts!

the only person who should care if a spoiler has sag is the person buying it, that is unless you're building your car for e-fame.

i ran a carbon high rise rep for a couple of years. it came with sag and never got worse. didnt annoy me enough to try and source a non saggy one, especially when postage to australia is so high.

instead i sold it to a mate a few months ago and had a csl lip moulded in while the car was getting bodywork done.

My Cars
    BMW E36 328I
    for a second there i just thought i was going mad, but nope just people deleting their posts!

the only person who should care if a spoiler has sag is the person buying it, that is unless you're building your car for e-fame.

i ran a carbon high rise rep for a couple of years. it came with sag and never got worse. didnt annoy me enough to try and source a non saggy one, especially when postage to australia is so high.

instead i sold it to a mate a few months ago and had a csl lip moulded in while the car was getting bodywork done.
    ^This. Shipping anything that large via airmail from anywhere around the globe to NZ/AUS/UK etc will cost you heavily, especially from the states using DHL/FEDEX/UPS etc. Add import duty/customs fees and clearing fees and it'll end up costing half the cost of the wing itself. It's just not justifiable when it's essentially a replica wing, well not for me at least.

$250 inc airmail shipping for my ebay rep wing from Poland is a bargain from what i've seen compared to other reps on the market. If you can deal with the minimal sag, why not get the ebay rep if you can save the extra cash for prep/paint?

The sag, it's barely noticeable unless you're anally OCD or constantly have a ruler aligned next to it.

Just pointing out another replica option available on the market.
    Last edited by daniel0663; 11-01-2015 at 03:58 AM.

busterhax is offline Y̝͎̘̍́ͣ̉͑̿̆Ō͎̼̺̬̒ͯ̃̇͗̂ U͈̖
    My Cars
    e36
    The only reason I pointed it out is because you said it barely sagged when it has the normal China spoiler sag. I don't want other people going for it expecting a non sagging piece.

My Cars
    E36 M3, 530i, STI TypeR
    I bought the low version of the Lester wing from a Swedish dealer. Tried it today and the base plate seems to be off in shape for my M3 Coupé trunk. The base plate of the wing isn't as curved as the trunk is, it's too straight to fit well. Is it normal for these wings? How is the shape of the E36 sedan trunk? I was thinking if these wings are made for the sedan? And can the wires from the top be cut off if I want to use it as a low wing without risers?
    2002 530i M-Sport, 1996 Euro E36 M3 Coupé, 2000 Subaru Impreza Sti Type R jdm

My Cars
    BMW E36 328I
    Originally Posted by daniel0663There is a guy on ebay selling the 4pc version from Bulgaria for really cheap, half the price of Abrahams shipped to my door from Europe. I took a gamble on it, should arrive in a week or two. Will post some pics.

Any updates?
    You be the judge.

http://imgur.com/a/MeHeO

Page 41 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1631323334353637383940414243444546474849505166 ... LastLast