Thread: The definitive E36 LTW Spoiler Replica Thread

My Cars
    One G M3
    Love that wing.

My Cars
    I take the bus to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by ummpwr View Post
    here is my techno V LTW

do you know what manufacturer made it? got any better pics?
    -M3J0N

My Cars
    |99 Turbo M3 | 2K7 335|
    Quote Originally Posted by hinzm3 View Post
    I have been meaning to toss a light in there but just haven't done it. My friend gave me his non brake light rear parcel shelf but it broke when I moved.

I just need to toss a light in and wire it up.
    ok... if you ever want to trade a non brake light for yours with the brake light, let me know...

My Cars
    MTree
    It might be a good idea to post up prices paid. I have to find better shots of my wing. Overall, I like it, but it does have a slight sag.

My Cars
    2015 435i M Sport
    Corey! It's not saggin'! Don't say that, I was gonna pull the trigger!

-P
    BMW CCA Member 186373 - Golden Gate Chapter
    Former (e)Bombe Magazine Editor, "The Toy Box" product review writer | Current member of Team Jesus

Gone: 1995 E36 M3 Arctik Silber, 1996 E36 M3 Cosmos, 1991 E30 318is Cosmos

My Cars
    01 LSB M3, 99 323i
    Here's my OEM wing if you want to compare.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7Clst8MG3w[/ame]
    Last edited by Hatch; 01-31-2011 at 11:19 PM.

My Cars
    2008 BMW 528i
    Quote Originally Posted by busterhax View Post
    ^I absolutely hate the thick base that a lot of the low replicas have.

heres my contribution

poppin in risers come spring though

My Cars
    I take the bus to work.
    ok, any info on the parts? like seller, manufacturer, price etc? Guys, I can only create a database if info is provided. Just posting pics wont really help - I need both pictures and product info so I can compile a definitive list for Bf.com to reference. Thanks for your help and support!
    -M3J0N

My Cars
    E36, E46
    Quote Originally Posted by FastAlpine View Post
    I got my LTW replica wing from a vendor on this site. BMWE35M5 is the member name. I had it painted and installed by a local body shop.. they said it was fairly easy.

I like it and it has removable risers just like factory.
    That is one of the best reps I have seen. Except for the MaShaw's, all the others posted ITT have serious sag.
    '99 Estoril Blue + Dove Grey ///M3 coupe
    '04 Jet Black + Cinnamon ///
    M3 coupe

My Cars
    M3 Saloon, Z3 3.0 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by KHM3R View Post

heres my contribution

poppin in risers come spring though
    Where did you get risers?

joenationwide is offline Makes Cars Dance BMW E36 M3 Expert
    My Cars
    95 M3 (GTS2), 99 M3

My Cars
    2004 BMW M3 Coupe
    Purchased mine from BeastinM3 (Matt), but not sure where this rep was from. It does have the screws in it for removable risers. I put a WTB ad up but I'm still wondering if you can buy just the risers from a vendor. Has anyone done that?

Sorry for the repetitive crappy pics

My Cars
    TV M3

Thumbs up MA SHAW Replica - Review

I purchased a MA Shaw replica from another user that never installed it. It is unpainted and since it has been sitting around there are some imperfections like scratches and tape adhesive from being wrapped so I'm sure they would look a lot better coming from MA Shaw..

I'm happy with the overall quality. Fiberglass is pretty thick and seems very well made. Only criticism would be the top portion fit to the risers. There is a small gap (not very noticeable) at the leading edge of the top piece. I actually didnt check to see if there was when mounted with out the risers (plan on running without risers mostly), so I'll give a shot some day this week and report back. Hoping to get it painted and mounted in the next coupled weeks.

one of the risers:

bottom side of the riser.

no sag

Dont mind the dog, he likes helping out

the gap on the leading edge

Jack approved!

My Cars
    I take the bus to work.
    very nice, thank you. do you know if this is the mashaw gen 1 or gen2 that vitolo referenced?
    -M3J0N

My Cars
    TV M3
    Quote Originally Posted by m3j0n View Post
    very nice, thank you. do you know if this is the mashaw gen 1 or gen2 that vitolo referenced?
    I cant say for sure. I know it was purchased withing the last 1.5 years so I would guess gen 2..

My Cars
    e36 M3
    man I want one of these !

My Cars
    HKS-2 M3 and 540iT
    I have a CF chinese rep from ebay and a CF MAShaw.

The MAShaw is shaped just like the genuine article with zero "sag" in the middle of the wing. However, like all MAShaw stuff, it is true race car stuff - the fit and finish are poor. The CF version requires serious prep work and a clear coat to be show car worthy.

The Chinese rep has "sag" in the middle of the wing, which is hardly visible when in the high position, but quite visible in the low position. The fit and finish are perfect. Beautiful weave and clear.

The chinese rep is a tad lighter than the MAShaw, but is also less rigid. It IS very functional on the track.

If you plan to run the wing in the high position all/most of the time, I'd go w/ the chinese rep. It costs like 25% of the MAShaw, has a MUCH better fit/finish and looks fine w/ the blocks in place. Unfortunately, when mounted low, it looks too "sagged-out" in the middle.

The rep from "abrahammotorsports" (or whatever its called) looks perfect. Unless you want/need CF, that is the route to go.
    Garrett

tmaxx445 is offline E38 6 Speed Club Member! BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    '05 M3, '03 X5, '01 740i
    Does the deck lid open all the way up with out it hitting the rear windshield with the risers installed? I am looking at getting a LTW wing for my Fern 328is with removable risers so was just checking to be sure it would be OK for daily driving with the risers in place.

thanks,
    tmaxx45
    2001 740i / S62 Swap / 6 Speed Swap / Titanium Silver Metallic / Grey Montana Leather / M Sport / Convenience Pkg / Heated Seats / PDC / MKIV Navigation / DSP / Bluetooth TCU / Dice Mediabridge / Vavona Trim / Illuminated ZHP Shift Knob / Short Shifter / Cat Delete / SAI Delete / Euro Tune / Koni Singles / H&R II Springs / Custom 3.15 25% Limited Slip Diff / Staggered OE M Parallels / 275 & 245 Firehawks / Euro City Lights / Celis Tail Lights / SunTek 70% CXP Tint

2005 M3 Coupe
    / 6 Speed / Silver Gray Metallic / Black Nappa Leather / Premium Pkg / Cold Weather Pkg / Bi Xenons / Adjustable Bolsters / MKIV Navigation / Harman Kardon / Bluetooth / Sirius XM / Aux In / Carbon Trim / ZHP Shift Knob / Short Shifter / StreamLine Intake / SS Headers / AR20 Resonator / Exhaust Bypass Valve / P0lar Tune / Koni Yellows / Eibach Springs / Staggered OE CSLs / 275 & 245 595 Evos / Angel Eyes / CF CSL Splitters / SunTek 38% Carbon Tint

2003 4.6is X5 / Stock /

My Cars
    HKS-2 M3 and 540iT
    Quote Originally Posted by tmaxx445 View Post
    Does the deck lid open all the way up with out it hitting the rear windshield with the risers installed?
    yes
    Garrett

My Cars
    TV M3
    Wing is painted and on in the high position for now. Overall I'm happy with this wing. It well made but fit isnt 100% when all assemble. Also new holes were needed to mount this wing, and the protective strips that site on the quarter panel were removed since they were slightly more exposed with this spoiler.

My Cars
    junk

Just a test fit when I got it. Haven't had it painted yet. Its an ebay one with removable carbon risers.
    Last edited by e36mike; 03-10-2011 at 10:59 AM. Reason: fixed link

My Cars
    UV RAYS/VITAMIN D stg 3™
    Heres my old rep. Was really nice quality. It was the eBay rep with removable risers:

My Cars
    TV M3
    NOT TOO HAPPY!!

Last night, I pulled the wing off last night to remove the risers and found that the threaded inserts in the top part of the wing don't line up with the holes on the bottom shelf??? Whats the point of the removable risers, if you cant bolt the wing up without them?? Whats up with that MA SHAW!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I think I figured out a work around, but I wish I had discovered this BEFORE having the wing painted.

My Cars
    Bubbleless
    Quote Originally Posted by uconnr View Post
    NOT TOO HAPPY!!

Last night, I pulled the wing off last night to remove the risers and found that the threaded inserts in the top part of the wing don't line up with the holes on the bottom shelf??? Whats the point of the removable risers, if you cant bolt the wing up without them?? Whats up with that MA SHAW!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I think I figured out a work around, but I wish I had discovered this BEFORE having the wing painted.
    That has been posted on here before about the mashaw wing. It has removable risers but that wing was meant to be installed in the high position at all time. Too much effort to remove the risers anyway. I just run with the wing in the high position.

Mashaw CF ltw wing on mine painted alpine with some cf exposed. Will have it painted differently in another year or two when I get bored of it.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    Does anyone know anything about the duraflex ones on ebay being sold from here in the states?

Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast