Page 25 of 69 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343550 ... LastLast

Thread: The definitive E36 LTW Spoiler Replica Thread

My Cars
    1989 E34 535i 5M.Zinno
    Last one sold but the good news is we're getting more the first week of January.
    Reserve yours now.
    Mel Abrahams
    Abrahams Motorsport
    Buy with confidence, serving the BMW community for over 14 years.
    www.abrahamsmotorsport.com
    E-Mail: sales@abrahamsmotorsport.com
    PayPal: order@abrahamsmotorsport.com
    Phone (727) 992-0288

My Cars
    M3
    I just got my CF wing from directparts4u. AWESOME looking wing. Has anyone else bought this wing? I got some hardware with the wing and do not know what to do with it. I got screws with washers, and 4 plastic strips about 9 inches long with plastic half an inch long in the middle standing up. What is the plastic for?
    Did you buy double sided adhesive for the wing as well? Or did you just use the supplied screws?

My Cars
    96 Stage 2 S/C Alpine M3
    Quote Originally Posted by e46tknv View Post
    I just got my CF wing from directparts4u. AWESOME looking wing. Has anyone else bought this wing? I got some hardware with the wing and do not know what to do with it. I got screws with washers, and 4 plastic strips about 9 inches long with plastic half an inch long in the middle standing up. What is the plastic for?
    Did you buy double sided adhesive for the wing as well? Or did you just use the supplied screws?
    Could you post some pics? How is the quality of the clearcoat and sag? One complaint I've heard about that wing is that it starts peeling in as little as 30 days without paint. When I buy mine I am thinking about placing an additional clearcoat on it in attempt to keep this from happening.

My Cars
    M3
    I have pictures but in the dark. I am very anal when it comes to quality and finish. And honestly, I cannot complain at all.

and also, what you hear and what's reality are 2 different things. I will have it repainted to match my car and some cf exposed.

When I am bored on Wednesday, I will install it. I have to drill holes.

My Cars
    M3

My Cars
    1989 E34 535i 5M.Zinno
    Low and high versions in stock.
    Mel Abrahams
    Abrahams Motorsport
    Buy with confidence, serving the BMW community for over 14 years.
    www.abrahamsmotorsport.com
    E-Mail: sales@abrahamsmotorsport.com
    PayPal: order@abrahamsmotorsport.com
    Phone (727) 992-0288

My Cars
    99' Cosmos ///M3
    broken link!

My Cars
    96 Stage 2 S/C Alpine M3
    Quote Originally Posted by FriedKalamari View Post
    broken link!
    +1

My Cars
    M3
    broken link!
    Quote Originally Posted by bladerealm124 View Post
    +1
    Its not installed yet. I just laid it on top just to see if I like it. Finish is 10/10. I did not find any imperfections. I will have it painted but not because "someone" said it peels after 30 days. I just have some ideas for my car. I am going to hold off on installing the wing till weather gets better. Too much snow in my forecast this week. You do need to fill the holes that came from your OEM wing(if your car came with one ) and create new ones.

Dont judge, I am winter mode till March

My Cars
    98 M3
    Looks nice. Interested to see a straight rear shot. Risers removable as well it seems?

- 98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 124k and officially worthless - 89 m3, alpine/black 143k and officially old - 2000 323it, tiag/grey, 169k and officially boring

My Cars
    99' Cosmos ///M3
    I will have it painted but not because "someone" said it peels after 30 days. I just have some ideas for my car.
    Most cf parts don't come clear coated, rather just have a gel coat. They will fade/peel/crack in the sun if not clear coated.

My Cars
    96 Stage 2 S/C Alpine M3
    Most cf parts don't come clear coated, rather just have a gel coat. They will fade/peel/crack in the sun if not clear coated.
    Interesting, I suppose that's why someone recently posted that their's began peeling after only a month. How effective is "spray can" clearcoating? If I choose this wing it will be with the intention to leave the CF exposed but I would like it to hold up to sun/outdoor exposure

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G
    Its not installed yet. I just laid it on top just to see if I like it. Finish is 10/10. I did not find any imperfections. I will have it painted but not because "someone" said it peels after 30 days. I just have some ideas for my car. I am going to hold off on installing the wing till weather gets better. Too much snow in my forecast this week. You do need to fill the holes that came from your OEM wing(if your car came with one ) and create new ones.

Interested in weight and sag? Removeable risers?
    TRM Coilovers 670F/895R | BBS LM | Corsa RSC36

ayo is offline What is this I don't even
    My Cars
    Stocky McStockstock E36

Hey man, glad it worked out for you! Hope you managed to get it below list price too Look forward to seeing how you paint it!

My Cars
    96 Stage 2 S/C Alpine M3
    Quote Originally Posted by ayo View Post
    Hey man, glad it worked out for you! Hope you managed to get it below list price too Look forward to seeing how you paint it!
    I also curious about the price. I believe both the sellers with the cf wings on Ebay have a "make an offer" choice. I wonder what the lowest they would take is. I'm hoping to get mine for under $500 shipped

My Cars
    M3
    Quote Originally Posted by notMpowered View Post
    Looks nice. Interested to see a straight rear shot. Risers removable as well it seems?
    Well, I laid it on top and so see some sag. And honestly,it's no big deal. Yes risers are removable
    Oh, I didn't know that. Thanks for that info
    Interesting, I suppose that's why someone recently posted that their's began peeling after only a month. How effective is "spray can" clearcoating? If I choose this wing it will be with the intention to leave the CF exposed but I would like it to hold up to sun/outdoor exposure
    a good company spray can should hold up. I mean it is clear coat..

Quote Originally Posted by propcar View Post
    Interested in weight and sag? Removeable risers?
    I wrapped 2 arms around the box and I think it weighs less then 5lbs. Yes removable
    Quote Originally Posted by ayo View Post
    I got it below the price anyone would pay on this forum.
    I also curious about the price. I believe both the sellers with the cf wings on Ebay have a "make an offer" choice. I wonder what the lowest they would take is. I'm hoping to get mine for under $500 shipped
    $400 shipped should work.

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G
    If you can get a straight shot from the rear just to get a visualization of the sag if any.

I'm wondering if sag could be 'corrected' by applying some positive pressure or something over the course of some time 48 hours or something... don't know how much flex there is on the top wing foil.
    TRM Coilovers 670F/895R | BBS LM | Corsa RSC36

My Cars
    96 Stage 2 S/C Alpine M3

I got it below the price anyone would pay on this forum.
    $400 shipped should work.
    $400 shipped?? Last I looked it would be $530 shipped normally so that'd be a huge discount. Why do you say you got it below the price anyone else would pay, did you use the make an offer feature? What was your price?

My Cars
    M3
    Yes. I spoke to the seller. And we agreed on $400 shipped.

Let's just say I got some tricks up my sleeves that I got it for cheaper. $400 should work. If not, talk to him and see what's up

My Cars
    2008 M3 Coupe
    Did the finish work myself, and sprayed it with left over cans I had from doing my door. Came out really good. Should it it together and on the car tonight. Abrahams Btw

My Cars
    e21 320i, wide s50 e36

Quote Originally Posted by notMpowered View Post
    mines been on for 9-10 months now and no clearcoat peeling as of yet.

My Cars
    M3
    Quote Originally Posted by hakhawk View Post
    mines been on for 9-10 months now and no clearcoat peeling as of yet.

I believe this 100%. Also, I can easily open up a claim and tell paypal the seller sold me a poor quality wing if this 30 day peeling is real. The listing says:
    "Product Description :

~ UV-protected and Non-Fadding"

I am so tempted to install this bad boy already but my car is still winter mode and the wing just would not look right with the other mods I have lined up for the car in spring.
    Last edited by e46tknv; 01-22-2014 at 06:00 PM.

My Cars
    96 Stage 2 S/C Alpine M3
    I believe this 100%. Also, I can easily open up a claim and tell paypal the seller sold me a poor quality wing if this 30 day peeling is real. The listing says:
    "Product Description :

~ UV-protected and Non-Fadding"

I am so tempted to install this bad boy already but my car is still winter mode and the wing just would not look right with the other mods I have lined up for the car in spring.
    Well if for whatever reason you decide to sell it let me know! I will likely be picking one up by spring

My Cars
    2008 M3 Coupe

I'll just leave this here.

My Cars
    M3
    sell it after I just got a few days ago lol

Just offer up to the seller.

Nice pic^^^ hopefully next month we can see solid 45 degrees instead of 10 with snow every week in the forecast

Page 25 of 69 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343550 ... LastLast