Page 65 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1540555657585960616263646566676869 LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 1720

Thread: The definitive E36 LTW Spoiler Replica Thread

My Cars
    E36s
    Can anyone comment on whether or not the MAShaw wing can be run as a low-rise?

busterhax is offline Y̝͎̘̍́ͣ̉͑̿̆Ō͎̼̺̬̒ͯ̃̇͗̂ U͈̖
    My Cars
    e36
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesL71 View Post
    Not be default. You need to tap threads in the top or drill extra holes in the base as the holes do not line up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    96 M3 97 M3 98 M3 99 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesL71 View Post
    Yes it can. There's one in my shop mounted in the low position right now.

My Cars
    S54 E36
    Quote Originally Posted by propcar View Post
    It's a fiberglass reinforced plastic wing now. Shame they couldn't make it strong enough. There alot of nurburgring cars that are running reps though, that aren't snapping. Not necessarily from Schmiedmann
    I bought one of these for shits and giggles. I'm probably going to fill the wing with expanding foam to help keep it from taking a shit, but if the lack of metal in the risers are the culprit then I'll just send it and see what happens.

My Cars
    skateboard
    Quote Originally Posted by Braymond141 View Post
    Yes it can. There's one in my shop mounted in the low position right now.
    Make a better one then theirs so I can buy it lol
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    '98 ti (M powered)
    I sort of surprised there isn’t a decent, functional replica of this wing. Although rare at this point, there are plenty of real ones (and risers) that could be reverse-engineered to be correct.

I’m not sure why it’s such a big deal...

Probably mentioned already but there are two bases- one for sedan (and ti with modifications) and one for coupe. The risers and wing itself are the same for both.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    Quote Originally Posted by tiMASTER View Post
    I sort of surprised there isn’t a decent, functional replica of this wing. Although rare at this point, there are plenty of real ones (and risers) that could be reverse-engineered to be correct.

I’m not sure why it’s such a big deal...

Probably mentioned already but there are two bases- one for sedan (and ti with modifications) and one for coupe. The risers and wing itself are the same for both.
    I second this

My Cars
    98 M3
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. There's no motivation for companies to do things properly while so many people are still content with paying less for junk. The IG stancebois want big wing and there's no money left in the budget after they get their maxpeedingrods. I know people who would do it, and do it properly, but they need to be able to get their investments back. Who's gonna pay $800-$1300 for a good wing? A lot less than will pay $250 for the cheap stuff. Maybe with the cars values rising so drastically we will be approaching that soon, but as it is, there still are the MAshaw and precision composites options, for good, and perfect examples.

- 98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 124k and officially worthless - 89 m3, alpine/black 143k and officially old - 2000 323it, tiag/grey, 169k and officially boring

My Cars
    e36
    Quote Originally Posted by notMpowered View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. There's no motivation for companies to do things properly while so many people are still content with paying less for junk. The IG stancebois want big wing and there's no money left in the budget after they get their maxpeedingrods. I know people who would do it, and do it properly, but they need to be able to get their investments back. Who's gonna pay $800-$1300 for a good wing? A lot less than will pay $250 for the cheap stuff. Maybe with the cars values rising so drastically we will be approaching that soon, but as it is, there still are the MAshaw and precision composites options, for good, and perfect examples.
    Here come the “I would buy it” posts.

My Cars
    '98 ti (M powered)
    I did buy it (original) when I could. And I don’t think there was change from a grand way back then.

I wouldn’t mind another sedan base, because I’m not happy with how the body shop modified mine, but no one but me knows it’s not the way I want it. And I can reconstruct it the way I want with epoxy anyway.

I did happen to see a set of riser blocks in recent history but did not buy them.

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G
    I went with the Lester... but only cuz I found one. If not I'd be going with MaShaw.

I sold the Poland wing although it was ok.
    TRM Coilovers 670F/895R | BBS LM | Corsa RSC36

My Cars
    E36
    From track guys, mashaw is far from perfect and requires a lot of prep. Adding foam to other reps can expand and ruin the wing. I know a few guys who have tested the Poland rep up to 140mph. Like someone said, there isn’t a good rep out there right now except for maybe precision composites at a very high cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    97 M3/2/5
    Quote Originally Posted by GG///M3 View Post
    Well the one from Europe I had to cancel, and the one from Taiwan showed up today.

Dropped it off at the body shop.
    You have the link to the taiwan one?
    Current cars:
    87' Zinnorot 325is
    91' Alpine white 318is
    92' E30 Alpine white Mtechnic
    97' E36 Alpine white M3/2/5

My Cars
    skateboard

The definitive E36 LTW Spoiler Replica Thread

Quote Originally Posted by hakstern View Post
    You have the link to the taiwan one?
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/143863096891

Loving the look.
    Last edited by GG///M3; 02-28-2021 at 10:09 PM.
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    98 M3/4/5
    i just bought the poland one... hope its cool
    98 Estoril ///M3 4/6
    S54 swap CSL

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G
    figured I'd share here since it hasn't been mentioned

ViolentM3 (user handle on instagram) from Colorado is producing replica poly molded GT wings. He's doing 'low rise' for $400 and 4-piece 'high rise' for $500. The mold has apparently been made from his OEM wing. No experience with it, but just wanted to contribute.

My Cars
    e36

ViolentM3 (user handle on instagram) from Colorado is producing replica poly molded GT wings. He's doing 'low rise' for $400 and 4-piece 'high rise' for $500. The mold has apparently been made from his OEM wing. No experience with it, but just wanted to contribute.
    I’d wait for testing. It doesn’t appear strong based on the image and even the Lester/abraham wing has issues at high speeds.

My Cars
    98 M3

If it was modelled from his OE wing. I question why the holes are in the wrong spots for mounting, and in the same place as the Schmiedmann wing.

- 98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 124k and officially worthless - 89 m3, alpine/black 143k and officially old - 2000 323it, tiag/grey, 169k and officially boring

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G
    yeah I don't have any answers to questions just threw it out there. Not really interested in it myself. I have my Lester... although I may sell it for the Precision... maybe.

My Cars
    skateboard
    The Taiwan/who knows wing has held up to sustained 100mph plus speeds on the Great Wall of China.

Should be interesting to see how it holds up to some HPDE’s
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Well after no less than 20 hours, of body work I have the eBay duraflex looking how I wanted it. Blended the upper and lower pieces into a one piece. The alignment was so off, maybe a quarter inch on each side. I’m amazed I got it to look correct. Had to use fiber reinforced filler.

I’m going to repaint the car in a few months so I’m just going to rattle can gloss black the wing in the next few days so I can put it on the car.

Last edited by TAMUmpower; 03-05-2021 at 02:14 PM.

My Cars
    Boring E36
    Not bolted down PTG full carbon fiber 6.5lbs excluding hardware and brake lamp. Brake lamp will sit flush when installation is completed.

U MAD?

My Cars
    98 M3
    Does the PTG mount in the same place as the OE GT wing? That lower piece would be very spicy with a GT top.

My Cars
    E36 M3, 11 X5d, 16 F31
    Does the PTG mount in the same place as the OE GT wing? That lower piece would be very spicy with a GT top.
    Yes I was told it's the same base as the GT which also means you can swap the top portion for the OE part.

My Cars
    99 M3 Coupe, 99 Carrera
    Hey guys, any suggestion on what aftermarket risers would pair well with an OEM GT2 wing? Needless to say the OEM risers seem to be unobtanium.

Page 65 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1540555657585960616263646566676869 LastLast