Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4294445464748495051525354
Results 1,326 to 1,335 of 1335

Thread: The definitive E36 LTW Spoiler Replica Thread

My Cars
    E36 M3 (street car), E21 320i (race car)
    Has anyone seen the replicas from Geoff Steel? (https://www.geoffsteel.co.uk/shop/e3...ing-gt2-grp-3/)

The website only has one low-quality photo, so it's hard to tell if it's saggy. I also can't tell if the riser blocks are removable; it almost looks like the seam where the riser block meets the top element is purely aesthetic but, again, it's just one low-quality photo so it's hard to tell. I sent them an email requesting additional photos, but on their website, it says the spoilers are made to order, so I'm not holding out much hope of them having an extra spoiler laying around to take pictures of.

My Cars
    S54/E36, 04M3, 14 Sierra
    Rigidity wise sag? Itís rock solid. But shapenwise, Iíd say itís has a curve. Hereís a rear shot.

busterhax is offline Y̝͎̘̍́ͣ̉͑̿̆Ō͎̼̺̬̒ͯ̃̇͗̂ U͈̖
    My Cars
    CES Turbo 328is
    "sag" is that additional contour you see in the center of your wing. It's not really sag.

My Cars
    E60 M5
    So just an update on the Lester wing from Schmiedmann I purchased some time ago. My car is boosted so I donít know if the added speeds contributed to this, but the wing now has a noticeable sag in the middle after two and a half years of use. It is even more noticeable with the risers out. Also the durability of these wings are crap as I have had the wing break right where the bolt sits in the rear. And one riser break where the bolt sits on the base. Both pieces jb welded back in and holding but still irks me. Is the oem stronger or just as weak? I may need a different wing for the rear.
    Last edited by SH330CI; 07-18-2018 at 11:36 PM.

My Cars
    CES Turbo 328is
    Quote Originally Posted by SH330CI View Post
    So just an update on the Lester wing from Schmiedmann I purchased some time ago. My car is boosted so I donít know if the added speeds contributed to this, but the wing now has a noticeable sag in the middle after roughly a year and a half of use. It is even more noticeable with the risers out. Also the durability of these wings are crap as I have had the wing break right where the bolt sits in the rear. And one riser break where the bolt sits on the base. Both pieces jb welded back in and holding but still irks me. Is the oem stronger or just as weak? I may need a different wing for the rear.
    Does your turbo actually add speed? Iím turbo and still go the same speeds as NA...

My Lester still looks the same as original. Sounds like you over torqued your mounting hardware. Body panels need very little torque.

My Cars
    E60 M5
    Track time and more time above 100mph than before. Definitely not overtorqued. One specifically happened at a 60 roll track event nearby.
    Last edited by SH330CI; 07-18-2018 at 11:37 PM.

My Cars
    CES Turbo 328is
    I installed mine by attaching the base to the trunk with double sided tape.

Assembling the risers to the top.

Then bolting the risers down

Unsure if another order could possibly warp the top and cause it to bow down with time

My Cars
    E60 M5
    Mine was assembled the same way but had to flex the hell out of it to get it to fit on the base. Maybe a design flaw in the wing made it a hair too wide. Do you know if the oem is stronger?
    Last edited by SH330CI; 07-19-2018 at 12:06 AM.

My Cars
    98 M3
    The OEM risers are a metal brace inside a plastic shell. There isn’t really any pressure on the cosmetic exterior of the riser itself. I can only assume it’s stronger. Clearly your wing is not the norm however. No ones Lester’s sag, a friend of mine tracks his car regularly and has it at speeds above 130 with no issues after 4/5 years of it. Including your wing I’ve heard of that twice.
    One other friend has had an OEM wing break Lester risers, but that’s because they don’t actually fit, so I get that.

98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 103k and officially worthless
    Member journal. http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=491859

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Just want to add this to the thread. Fixed my wing sag by adding weight on top and leaving it in the Vegas summer sun for 4 days..lol. Im not sure what brand the wing is, though...

Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4294445464748495051525354