Page 66 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16415657585960616263646566676869 LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 1720

Thread: The definitive E36 LTW Spoiler Replica Thread

My Cars
    98 M3/4/5
    Only person I know that had OEM risers is Braymond, not sure if he sold them but he had them. I think at one point he was going to make a mold?
    98 Estoril ///M3 4/6
    S54 swap CSL

My Cars
    98 M3
    I have OEM risers.
    People most often use modified Abraham’s risers, but I’ve seen them break where the bolt mounts to the upper wing, which obviously is a big no bueno. Honestly at this point I’d only run the wing low unless I found OE risers, based on the fact I don’t want my $2k wing ending up on the road behind me, or worse end up through someone’s windshield.

- 98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 124k and officially worthless - 89 m3, alpine/black 143k and officially old - 2000 323it, tiag/grey, 169k and officially boring

My Cars
    99 M3 Coupe, 99 Carrera
    Yeah that makes sense. I did find a set of OEM risers some time ago but they were asking as much as I paid for the wing itself! Just not worth it for a couple of blocks.

My Cars
    98 M3
    Just a supply/demand thing. There are a whole lot less risers than there are wings out there. They really shouldn't be that crazy to replicate. They are just a metal frame with an ABS plastic shell that floats over top of them.

- 98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 124k and officially worthless - 89 m3, alpine/black 143k and officially old - 2000 323it, tiag/grey, 169k and officially boring

My Cars
    E36 M3, 11 X5d, 16 F31
    Quote Originally Posted by notMpowered View Post
    Just a supply/demand thing. There are a whole lot less risers than there are wings out there. They really shouldn't be that crazy to replicate. They are just a metal frame with an ABS plastic shell that floats over top of them.
    Very true indeed! I have them too and because they're so hard to find they're pricey as hell. Even if Brett has one to sell It will NOT be cheap.

My Cars
    96 M3 97 M3 98 M3 99 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by sirhodjibob View Post
    Yeah that makes sense. I did find a set of OEM risers some time ago but they were asking as much as I paid for the wing itself! Just not worth it for a couple of blocks.
    I have a set, but it sounds like you don't want them

My Cars
    '98 ti (M powered)
    Having a set, and having a set for sale, are two different things.

Paying for them is another matter entirely.

I’m glad I got mine when I did, and no, they are not for sale.

I have some front splitter filler pieces (whatever they’re called) and some LTW bits I may part with, but no spare risers.

My Cars
    E36 M3, 11 X5d, 16 F31
    Quote Originally Posted by tiMASTER View Post
    I have some front splitter filler pieces (whatever they’re called) and some LTW bits I may part with, but no spare risers.
    Do tell. Inquiring minds want to know.

My Cars
    '98 ti (M powered)
    When you install the splitter, there are two corner pieces that fit between the bottom of the bumper cover and the top of the splitter, which drops down on the sides. The M3 GT wing comes with a pair of them, because you should not install the GT wing without those pieces in place (as it says in the installation instructions). So, I had them with the splitter, and I got a second set with my M3 GT Sedan wing. New in the boxes.

I have new M3 LTW carbon door sill trim. I bought two sets when they were available. New in the bag.

I have a few other euro bits, but not a lot of general E36 parts fir the ti, so I spent a LOT of time in realOEM to find stuff. When I travelled to Switzerland, I'd have a list of part numbers I'd go to the local BMW dealer and see what I could get ordered in time to collect before I left. Weird stuff like the foam inserts for the center console (once the cup holder thing is removed), replacement decals for gage clusters and on the wing (lower section) as required by TUV...
    "Speed's just a question of money. How fast you 'wanna go?"

PM me for E36 engine swap books and BMW ETMs! NOW SHIPPING!!!

My Cars
    98 M3
    The carbon door trims are still available from the dealer, and the sticker for the lower part of the gt wing comes with the install kit, also available new.

My Cars
    '98 ti (M powered)
    Good to know!

My Cars
    99 M3 Coupe, 99 Carrera
    Quote Originally Posted by Braymond141 View Post
    I have a set, but it sounds like you don't want them

PM'd.......

- - - Updated - - -

The carbon door trims are still available from the dealer, and the sticker for the lower part of the gt wing comes with the install kit, also available new.
    Would you happen to have the part number for the sticker?

Got the door trims fortunately.

My Cars
    1994 BMW M3 Coupe
    Hello all,

it's been a very long time I wrote here last time,
    But I can now show you my Lester/Abrahams Class II/M3 GT wing mounted and painted.

https://flic.kr/p/2kKXY4q
    https://flic.kr/p/2kKYumA
    https://flic.kr/p/2kKXY4R

Greetings
    Eddi

My Cars
    1996 M3
    I'm interested in picking up the PTG wing from Precision Glass & Composites. Currently on my M3 I have the factory wing. Which I believe is called the highrise and was installed by the factory. (Not 100% on the name). It is not be tall and has the third brake light in it. But my question/concern is, will the PTG wing use the existing holes from the stock wing? There is a lot of misinformation on the internet and I just wanted to know if someone out there has already tried. PGC says its an exact replica of the LTW wings. I've read posts about Mashaw, Abrahams, and various ebay wings and no one seems to mention anything about the OEM factory wing on the M3's. Everyone's having to drill there own holes because there aren't any factory wings on there cars. So, does anyone know if the holes will line up?

busterhax is offline Y̝͎̘̍́ͣ̉͑̿̆Ō͎̼̺̬̒ͯ̃̇͗̂ U͈̖
    My Cars
    e36
    Quote Originally Posted by LtThunderDan View Post
    I'm interested in picking up the PTG wing from Precision Glass & Composites. Currently on my M3 I have the factory wing. Which I believe is called the highrise and was installed by the factory. (Not 100% on the name). It is not be tall and has the third brake light in it. But my question/concern is, will the PTG wing use the existing holes from the stock wing? There is a lot of misinformation on the internet and I just wanted to know if someone out there has already tried. PGC says its an exact replica of the LTW wings. I've read posts about Mashaw, Abrahams, and various ebay wings and no one seems to mention anything about the OEM factory wing on the M3's. Everyone's having to drill there own holes because there aren't any factory wings on there cars. So, does anyone know if the holes will line up?
    If pgc said it’s exact, it’s exact.

My Cars
    98 M3
    The holes will 100% not line up with the factory high arch wing. The OE LTW/GT/Class 2 wings will line up with the holes on the PTG wing, which is not what your car came with. You will need to drill new holes, and you will need to properly plug your existing holes.

My Cars
    S54/E36,18 Sierra Denali
    Has one purchased a shitty ltw wing they’re not doing anything with? I want to find just a base if someone’s willing to part w one.

My Cars
    1 Blue, 1 White, 1 Black
    IMG_3534 by Mike Ellington,
    on Flickr

IMG_9376 by Mike Ellington, on Flickr

At least ten years of use on this 2-piece with many many times above 120+ mph and the only issue so far is some slight cracking around the passenger side upright. I wish I knew what brand it is.

The lack of removable risers and the sag in the middle bother the hell out of me though. The car is undergoing some paintwork so I figured now would be the time to swap it out. Came in here looking to find somewhere in the upper middle ground for durability and correct geometry of the risers/upper portion, but now I just have brain damage. Do I buy the DriftShop one and try and reinforce it or just buck up the coin for a PTG?
    Past: '99 Hellrot/Dove M3 | '97 S14 1JZ | '06 Triumph Daytona 675 | '01 330I M-Tech I | '99 Silvia S15 | Current: '96 Estoril/Black M3

Instagram

My Cars
    98 M3
    Your car is nice as fuck. I'd put the best parts on it if you can swing it.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by DrftKingIII View Post
    IMG_3534 by Mike Ellington,
    on Flickr

IMG_9376 by Mike Ellington, on Flickr

At least ten years of use on this 2-piece with many many times above 120+ mph and the only issue so far is some slight cracking around the passenger side upright. I wish I knew what brand it is.

The lack of removable risers and the sag in the middle bother the hell out of me though. The car is undergoing some paintwork so I figured now would be the time to swap it out. Came in here looking to find somewhere in the upper middle ground for durability and correct geometry of the risers/upper portion, but now I just have brain damage. Do I buy the DriftShop one and try and reinforce it or just buck up the coin for a PTG?
    Your car is looking great! FWIW I recently went on a drive where I hit 120-125 mph with my DriftShop wing and I haven’t noticed any issues with it whatsoever. The FRP is quite thick I don’t see it giving out at all. I’m pretty sure I could hit speeds upwards of 140mph at least without a hitch (if I was crazy lol). And that’s on a supercharged car doing multiple 100+mph runs in one day. Just my .02 cents.

My Cars
    1997 328is, 2011 335xi
    Not sure if anyone has came across this guy from Bulgaria yet, he has a website TuningFiber.com & eBay page ‘tuningfiber7’. Out of stock on both his website and his eBay page. €260.00 or $313.00 (unsure of shipping cost) from website. It says the wing is made from fiberglass, but it looks good from the pictures, and he points out his “attention to workshop [workmanship]”, so maybe he’s seen the lack of quality wings out there and made a good replica. Who knows. He has alright eBay feedback, 87.2%, some people said he didn’t give them shipping info, not sure if he’s just disorganized or what.

Here’s his website: http://tuningfiber.com/product/bmw-e...-gt-m-technik/

Keeping an eye on the aforementioned Instagram page Violentm3 to see customer feedback & fitment pics, but I mean they look pretty friggin good so far. Someone here did note the bolt holes thing tho, but idk. Not sure if ABS or fiberglass. He lists them as $510 for low rise (2 piece, no spacers) $610 for high rise (4 piece, with spacers), shipped. I’ll honestly probably pick one up myself within the next few weeks if I see good customer feedback. He notes that it’s a learning experience for him & he wants to help the e36 community, so it seems like he’s willing to make a good piece and create a good US market. If quality is good, then the price tag seems fair to me.

Perhaps this is the answer to all our prayers?

My Cars
    96 M3 97 M3 98 M3 99 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryebread97 View Post
    Not sure if anyone has came across this guy from Bulgaria yet, he has a website TuningFiber.com & eBay page ‘tuningfiber7’. Out of stock on both his website and his eBay page. €260.00 or $313.00 (unsure of shipping cost) from website. It says the wing is made from fiberglass, but it looks good from the pictures, and he points out his “attention to workshop [workmanship]”, so maybe he’s seen the lack of quality wings out there and made a good replica. Who knows. He has alright eBay feedback, 87.2%, some people said he didn’t give them shipping info, not sure if he’s just disorganized or what.

Here’s his website: http://tuningfiber.com/product/bmw-e...-gt-m-technik/

Keeping an eye on the aforementioned Instagram page Violentm3 to see customer feedback & fitment pics, but I mean they look pretty friggin good so far. Someone here did note the bolt holes thing tho, but idk. Not sure if ABS or fiberglass. He lists them as $510 for low rise (2 piece, no spacers) $610 for high rise (4 piece, with spacers), shipped. I’ll honestly probably pick one up myself within the next few weeks if I see good customer feedback. He notes that it’s a learning experience for him & he wants to help the e36 community, so it seems like he’s willing to make a good piece and create a good US market. If quality is good, then the price tag seems fair to me.

Perhaps this is the answer to all our prayers?
    No.

My Cars
    98 M3
    If you want to pay $610 for a $200 wing. It's the answer to your prayers.

https://www.schmiedmann.com/en/bmw-E...?product=H575K
    Last edited by notMpowered; 04-20-2021 at 12:32 AM.

My Cars
    I take the bus to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Braymond141 View Post
    No.
    If you want to pay $610 for a $200 wing. It's the answer to your prayers.

https://www.schmiedmann.com/en/bmw-E...?product=H575K
    LOL. Im dying.
    -M3J0N

My Cars
    1997 BMW M3 TechnoViolet
    Looking to get a LTW shipped to Australia, after a few quick searches the below look almost feasible.. Anyone in AUS had experience in recent times? Any issues with shipping / timeframes / cost etc

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-LTW-WIN...6rw0004lw007ht

https://www.dhgate.com/product/for-b...l|2636308468:4

https://www.schmiedmann.com/en/produ...?product=H575K

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/14386309...1&isGTR=1#shId

Cheers in advance

Page 66 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16415657585960616263646566676869 LastLast