Thread: to turbo, or not to turbo?

My Cars
    1993 BMW 318IS

to turbo, or not to turbo?

Ok guys here it is, I have a 93 318is with 205000 miles on her the motor was rebuilt about 70,000 miles ago, iam wondering if it is ok to turbo it? All oem parts and no aftermarket parts are on it yet. What should I do first to get it ready or can I run 15psi on it stock? I also have electrical issue nothing major I just cannot roll down my window with the lights on. Lol please help.

My Cars
    530i & F30 320i
    Check this out if you are interested. Its a supercharger from Downing Atlanta.

http://downingatlanta.com/downingatl...s_info_new.htm
    BMW E60 530i & F30 320i

"Its sometimes better to shut up and be thought of as a fool than to speak and have all doubts removed"

My Cars
    white n black 95 318i's
    i boosed mine when it had about 140,000 miles on it .. all i did was throw in a new head gasket set and it ran great .. major improvement .. but its around 210,000 miles now and its probably only got 10,000 left in it .. superchargers are nice but also expensive .. thats why i went the turbo route .. cheaper and a little more controlable with the boost .. if you do turbo it i strongly suggest a turbo timer and boost controller if its your daily .. it was very annoying and attracted to much attention when it was boosting 18pounds on the street

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '06 Forester
    ^ More details and some pics plz? Always wanted to strap some light pressure turbo setup on mine.

My Cars
    1995 M3 - 2007 X5
    Quote Originally Posted by highmyster View Post
    Ok guys here it is, I have a 93 318is with 205000 miles on her the motor was rebuilt about 70,000 miles ago, iam wondering if it is ok to turbo it? All oem parts and no aftermarket parts are on it yet. What should I do first to get it ready or can I run 15psi on it stock? I also have electrical issue nothing major I just cannot roll down my window with the lights on. Lol please help.
    a well maintained motor can handle boost just fine, but make sure you're running a proper tune and stay on top of routine maintenance (which becomes more frequent) 15psi might be a bit much for stock internals but that's something that the FI gurus can answer

check out the Forced Induction section for turbo/superchargers

My Cars
    DavidHefAJ

My Cars
    03 540i
    Turbo man

My Cars
    2003 Imola 330i
    Boost ftmfw! That or swap in a six...